Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Nobody at my theater was very impressed by Howard the Duck. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Guardians of the Galaxy 2, wherein Peter Quill braid's Death's hair.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Man, I really want to make an Awesome Mix Vol. 1 now. Quick, how do you put digital music on a cassette tape?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Kind of wish they hadn't atomized Ronan, he becomes a really cool dude in the comic. For example, the hammer convention with Thor.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

Is there some sort of subtext for The Collector in the comics where he's supposed to be an audience representative, a symbol for nerds collecting comics and toys and being extra anal-retentive about keeping them in mint condition?

No, that's purely from the film.

e: On second thought, in the comics, his role as a collector was initially altruistic, with the aims of preserving the universe's history and cultures in the event of a great calamity, but he eventually lost sight of this as billions of years passed by. You could interpret this as analogous to how nerds, as they obsess over "mint condition" and the like, losing sight of why they initially collected comics and associated memorabilia in the first place (out of love and enjoyment of the medium). That's still a different interpretation from the Taneleer Tivan Benicio del Toro portrays, or at least, what we know of him from Thor 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Four Score fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 12, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Steve Yun posted:

Actually I didn't think there was much to it in the film. I think it was one of those straight-to-video animated movies that played up the nerdy toy collector angle, but I can't remember which one.

He's made an appearance on an episode of the Disney XD cartoon Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., which I know solely from Wikipedia on account of the fact that that show is physically painful for me to watch.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
In TYOOL 2014 I'd probably watch Guardians of the Galaxy three times in a row over watching the Star Wars OT :shrug:

Filthy Casual posted:

Awesome movie, and I never expected a Footloose reference to accurately foreshadow the final battle.

He saved a planet full of people with sticks up their butts through the power of dance :unsmith:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I kind of wish they'd used more actual Kree in the movie than just more generic cyber-monster-aliens (basically Chitauri stand-ins).

If anyone here who knows about the comics could tell me where a good place to start with modern Guardians of the Galaxy would be, that'd be great. The only stuff I know is that they were hanging out with Iron Man and then Captain Marvel for a while, and Quill was being all "no, gently caress YOU dad".

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Kruller posted:

When did they establish that?

Like three seconds ago!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Baron Bifford posted:

I like the Marvel films because they dispense with the pretentiousness that plagues DC heroes.

I wonder what you'd see if you turned a black light on in Superman's room.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

:staredog:

Sorry I asked.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
If there's one uncontested good thing this movie has done, it's made the music on the radio objectively better.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

icantfindaname posted:

After some consideration, I've decided that what's needed is a crossover between GotG and FLCL, where Naota grows up to become a space captain and him and Haruko wander around the galaxy having adventures with a great soundtrack

The only real problem I can see is that jpop and 70s funk don't really mix well I wouldn't think

The other real problem is that anime belongs in the trash.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Charlie Day as Bob, Agent of HYDRA.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

:eyepop:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

And once it was pointed out that it looks like Mark Hamill, it's something you can never not notice.

god loving damnit

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

TheJoker138 posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is truly the Citizen Kane of movies.

I think you mean that Citizen Kane is the Guardians of the Galaxy of movies. :smugdog:

Also there may come a day where everyone who watches this will have no idea that the Awesome Mix isn't original scoring for the movie, and I hope to be long dead by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Pander posted:

So basically nothing past 1992?

He's actually Peter Quill :ssh:

• Locked thread