Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Branis posted:

im on facebook 24/7. Other than oppressing freedom loving cattle ranchers in nevada, what do BLM cops do? Is it a P sweet gig or what?

I was eyeballing blm work myself, I have a few friends who serve in san Bernardino area.

generally it's fair bit of crossover with the same things national park rangers deal with. Understaffed and patrolling large swaths of territory.

My experience with california blm in the south has been:

- patrolling camping hunting and trails.
- managing events like desert racing (ie. King of the Hammers , etc)
-assessing trails, looking for illegal dumpers , etc.
-talking to the few ranchers , homesteaders etc looking for meth labs, and other stuff that pop up in the middle of nowhere.

Not clear on actual powers regarding arrest, its rare the one time I was present when blm had to arrest a guy for disorderly conduct, they had to wait 2 hours for the local sheriff to show up and take the guy in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread