Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I shouldn't be losing access to my digital games when I lose connection to PSN if the console is activated as my primary, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Fuzz posted:

... The Nemesis system would make for a really great setup for a Career mode in a WWE game.

Just saying.

This.

Alternatively an Orc Wrestling League game.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

I just got a new receiver and now my PS4 will not output 5.1 audio. Other devices have no issues with my new setup, but the PS4 refuses to output anything other than 2.1. Tested games, Netflix, and Bluray with all the available audio options with no success. I've also tried a bunch of suggestions I found on google, such as resetting the receiver while the PS4 is running, but nothing seems to work.

Anyone here have a suggestion?

Fake edit:
I just thought to check the HDMI splitter I had set up to play games on one of my desk monitors. :downs: Of course that was the issue.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Takoluka posted:

The people who neglect use of the Share button clearly do not have Rocket League.

Agreed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQyNanoaxE

I hope they fix latency issues before release though. My ping is rarely below 100, even though I have a decent connection (50/10). Usually it's fine but if 3 or so people join with a high ping the game turns into a janky mess for everyone.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

ufarn posted:

Anyone here well-versed in FOV settings? League of Rockets was my first PS4 game to include FOV settings, and I can't recall what my 1024x768 is supposed to be set to. The default is 90, but something feels off about the way the game plays.

I'd just read the Kotaku recap article.

There is no direct relationship between Field Of View and your resolution. Generally you want a higher FOV the closer you are to the display, just like you can see a greater area through a window the closer you stand to it. This is why you often see PC gamers complaining about a console port being locked at 90 FOV, since they're usually sitting right in front of a monitor.

It's largely a matter of preference, but having a higher FOV gives you an advantage in games as you can see more of the area, at the cost of performance. But really,

Harlock posted:

Always set FOV to max, hth

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Housh posted:

That's pretty sweet. Pretty sure my setup benchmarked 60fps at 1080p on ultra. I'm debating if I want to get the DS4 pc bluetooth dongle. I heard people are having capability issues with it.

Any trip reports using DS4 on Win 10?

I don't have the official bluetooth adapter, but it worked fine for me on Windows 10. For a lot of games you will need to use a program like DS4Windows to emulate an Xinput controller, and that occasionally causes problems with some games. Dark Souls games always had problems with emulated xinput controllers around launch. And very few games have the option to show Playstation button prompts instead of Xbox ones.

Recently I picked up the new bluetooth enabled Xbone controller and just use that instead.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Anyone with a PS4 Pro can say how loud it is? From what I see on youtube, the Slim is really quiet compared to the old PS4 but seems that the PS4 Pro is louder than the slim (some say like the jet engine PS4 version). Is it true? I was holding on the Slim to see how the PS4 Pro shaped and I play next to my computer so being loud may be annoying.

When playing regular ps4 games the fan barely kicks in at all for me. When playing The Last of Us Remastered it sometimes gets to around the same volume as my launch ps4. Although my ps4 is behind the TV and I still have the pro setup on my coffee table, so the pro might actually be a bit quieter.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Snak posted:

The skill side of this system is fine with me, but mutagens seemed like a very half-baked mechanic.

The Blood and Wine expansion finally made mutagens useful. You could use them to get new powerful mutagen abilities, and having a mutagen ability equipped lets you equip additional regular abilities of the same type.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Is the new PS4 Pro-whatever going to be compatible with 1440p?

When I got my pro I tested it with my 1440p monitor, and I can confirm that it only displays 1080p. Maybe it could work if your monitor has built-in 4k downscaling and reports itself to the ps4 as 4k. I doubt Sony has any plans to support it in the future, but it would be nice.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Uc4 and titanfall 2 render in 1440 native

But it still downscale that to 1080p when connected to a 1440p display, so I don't think that counts as compatible with 1440p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

That depends. There's a bunch of possible endings in Nier, including one that straight up deletes your save file.

• Locked thread