Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Resident Evil remake was actually a great loving game. I'm super excited to play it on the PS4.

Side note: Final Fantasy XIV plays extremely well on PS4. I logged in and did a session a Crystal Tower to check it out and there was only noticeable slowdown on King Behemoth. I don't think I'll be playing it on PC anymore...then again I had my share of Coil and have no desire to hardcore raid anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Considering Mass Effect 2 was my favorite game last generation, yeah, gently caress that guy and gently caress Bioware forever. I can't think of an ending in any video game or movie that bummed me out more than ME3.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

No poo poo Dan - point being they took all of the goodwill from the first two Mass Effect and flushed it down the toilet.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Difficult to interpret a 5Ghz signal when you don't have a 5Ghz radio.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh, I completely agree - I was being snarky to Sony, not Sakurazuka.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Son I run a CISCO shop in my house - if you aren't running everything through an ASA then I don't want to live in your crazy world.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I believe Kingdom Hearts is, but no, Final Fantasy is literally the top selling game in Japan when it releases.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Destiny: The game I bought a PS4 for!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Anyone play Diablo III on PS4 yet and can give some trip reports?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Where is my Mass Effect Trilogy on PS4 EA?! There's one thing I want from you guys and you can't even get that right...

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I go to the 11:00 am showing for a few reasons, but the biggest one is price. People stupidly pay 15 bucks to see the same movie on the same day that I pay 5.50 for. It blows my mind.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's 11:00 AM on Saturday people, come the gently caress on now I'm surprised I had to spell that out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

...I live in Houston, TX? Sorry that you people get a lovely deal at the theater.

Pleads posted:

A lot of people don't want/can't to go to a movie that early on the weekend, or are still working at that time, and even if they did there's only so many 11AM screenings per theatre (2, on the weekend. 2 is the maximum) which would fill up fast if everyone going to movies between 5PM-11PM on the weekdays decided to all save $5 and go on Saturday morning why is this even a stupid argument.

If people want to complain about theater prices being too expensive there's a really easy option. 11:00 AM isn't even that early and if you wait a week or two then there's maybe a dozen people in the theater at the most. You get prime seating, hardly anyone there, and I pay nearly a third of the price. It's a wonderful way to view a movie - I highly recommend it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

It's $10 once a week at most, who cares?

Well then this puts the whole remastered price debate to rest then doesn't it? It's only 10 dollars a week to wait for the game to go down in price by half within a month - why bother waiting? Get it day one all day every day.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warcare if actually a fun and enjoyable game. It's way better than you'd think it is...I recommend it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

deadwing posted:

It's really, really loving fun, honestly probably my favorite experience on the PS4 so far. I'm on the lookout for more people to add to my friends list to try out Garden Ops on tougher difficulties, doing it with pubbies on Normal is tough enough.

PSN: deadwingSA

PSN: Kirios86

Feel free to add me - I'd love to do the tougher difficulty Garden ops with goons. I've had to practically win every Garden Ops on normal by myself. I'm sick of dragging three pubbies through a Garden Ops kicking and screaming.

Edit: Yes! The PvP is great! I'd be down for that as well.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

zenintrude posted:

Oh good lord, guys... :thejoke:

It was a pretty bad joke.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you haven't put virtualboyCOLOR on ignore by now you've already hosed up.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The best thing about the limited edition PS4 is listening to people bitch about how their lives are ruined because they didn't get one. Thanks for the fun memories Sony!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I'm sad I missed the No Man's Sky stream but even sadder I missed this.

My hope is Sony comes out with a special edition limited run PS4 every year so we can get these sob stories every year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wait, are people still whining about that anniversary PS4? Come on goons, it's a gray Playstation. I think your life will still go on after this...perhaps you need a reality check?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Crows Turn Off posted:

Yeah, I think the game looks as good as the E3 teaser, and this picture shows that. I really think the guy who posted the previous comparison was purposefully deceptive.

On the internet?! Get out of here...who would have such an agenda to do this?

But seriously, yeah, this is common place during the "console war" bullshit that's being spread around. Take everything you see with a grain of salt.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Awesome news. I haven't played either of those games...next up, PORT OVER THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY ALREADY!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mordor and ACIV are all you need from Assassin's Creed...trust me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ubisoft is the new Capcom.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whoa whoa whoa, Rayman's pretty great but not lets use hyperbole here...Mario 3D World's loving amazing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

inFAMOUS: Second Son is a great loving game...probably my favorite in the series.

But holy gently caress do NOT do those Paper Trail missions. They are insufferable and you get some dumb jackets as a reward.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Wait do I not get paper powers for doing this poo poo?

Because god drat this ARG nonsense was gonna have Paper powers

You do *NOT* get paper powers. Do not make the same mistake I did.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Couldn't put it better myself. Is there even a boss fight in it?

No. You go to a spot, sometimes shoot bad guys, take pictures of a crime scene, then solve some bullshit riddle on a website or two. For six loving parts, each with three missions. It takes ~4 hours to complete and that's all you get. It's probably the worst DLC I've ever played.

Edit: Here are the rewards: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/25/infamous-second-son-paper-trail-possibly-hints-to-sequel-here-are-all-the-rewards-spoilers/

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I use Pandora and have had no issues with it. Should I switch over to Spotify?

I like the minimalist approach of Pandora. Does Spotify have a similar setting where I can plug in a dozen or so artists I know I like, and maybe hear some new ones within that sphere?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I kind of want to play Akiba's Trip because it looks like the dumbest JRPG ever made and would be worth the experience at least.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't know about you guys but the suspend / resume feature on PS4 works WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than it ever did on Xbox One.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The DS4 touchpad is fantastic and I wish developers would use it more. It's a clear advantage over the One's controller in my opinion.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Leliana Divine is the correct Divine any ways.

Edit: I played the Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Dragon Age over the weekend. It was...alright. If you're looking for another 8-12 hours of Dragon Age Inquisition it's solid on that front, but it doesn't do anything new or interesting. I found myself skipping through 80% of the dialog like I did in the main game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Isn't the PS4 still outselling the PS2? Even if it's not it's still a massive run-away success. They probably see no need to introduce a slim or lower the price yet.

Edit 1:

ufarn posted:

And, plz Jesus, replace the mechanical drive with an SSD.

The bottleneck is still the CPU. SSD's don't give as much as a benefit as you think they do on a console. In addition the price would drastically increase (a 500 gb SSD is still 200 dollars, a 500 gb mechanical is 50 dollars). If they do bump the specs to 1 TB, you can tack on another 100 dollars on the price. A 400 dollar console suddenly becomes 600-700 dollars. And that worked so well for the PS3.

Edit 2: In fact, a 1 TB drive is ~60 dollars. That's probably why they're bumping the specs up - it's a super easy way to keep the price at 400 dollars but have a spike in sales.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 21, 2015

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Akuma posted:

That's not how profit generating corporations work. Introducing so-called "slim" models isn't usually done at a discount to the consumer but the manufacturer, so that run-away success generates more money per unit. The reason it comes some time after launch is because technology advancements make it possible, not to drum up more sales.

They probably have multiple warehouses of the existing model's parts that they'd need to burn through, right?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

For what it's worth Toukiden has less 'down time' (tedious bulllshit) than Monster Hunter games and felt much faster paced to me. I got bored of the last MH game I played very quickly (Tri) but played Toukiden a ton, it feels much more like a fast action game.

I've never been able to get into a Monster Hunter game despite liking games like PSO back in the day. Would Toukiden be up my alley?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Surlaw posted:

Was the victory dance your idea, or the suit's, is the suit sentient,

yes

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I cannot believe they're making Dead or Alive Xtreme 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh don't kid yourselves that game is coming to America.

• Locked thread