Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Holy loving poo poo. Thats murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Jim Utter ‏@jim_utter 4m
NEWS: Sources close to Stewart say at this time, Stewart still plans to compete in Sunday's race at Watkins Glen International.

jesus christ

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
I'm not a fancy NASCAR driver or anything but if I had just killed someone at my job I'd probably not go in the next day

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I really hope that NASCAR, upstanding governing body that it is, forces him not to race if that's true.

it'll be cool if Tony Stewart literally takes a victory lap after possibly murdering someone

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He'll just run him over too.

maybe those cops shouldnt be on the track??? just one average guy's opinion

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

davecrazy posted:

It's not as fun if I have to put my terrible posts from other forums in quotes. :(

I was talking with my friend who gets all his news from reddit and apparently the consensus there is along the lines of "Tony did nothing wrong and even if he did Ward was asking for it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

Eifert Posting posted:

It's amazing to me that it sounds like it isn't being criminally investigated. Yeah, maybe this was all a natural result and there's nothing Stewart could have done to avoid hitting the kid. You know what would help to prove that?

A criminal investigation.

It is being investigated, the DA has been assigned the investigation. But from what I can tell, it's just a routine death investigation

ALFbrot posted:

edit: No, I don't think Tony meant to hit or kill the kid. I think, at worst, he was trying to scare him. At best, he couldn't avoid him. I think it's likely a lot closer to worst than best.

Premeditation is only one type of murder. You can murder someone by being reckless with a high risk of death. I.e., gunning your car at someone to scare them.

• Locked thread