Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

While I appreciate the inclusion of 'It's Tricky' I've gotta ask...uh...why?

Well, you see, it's...um...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Snacksmaniac posted:

Lotta butt attacks.

Sold

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How does one become a breast physics engineer?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

super macho dude posted:

I see 2k's beard technology hasn't quite advanced to Crytek levels yet.

http://youtu.be/mF3ZXWltLTw

So they're still not even trying to have the crowd chant/sing/etc along with the wrestlers? That's the entire loving point of their entrance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm surprised they aren't including his match against the Rock at Wrestlemania XIX. Wasn't that supposed to be the end of the whole Rock/Austin feud that had been going on since 1997?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has there been any word on whether or not they've removed the ridiculous "men can't fight women" or, more accurately, "Superstars can't fight Divas" poo poo they've had in the last few games? That's something that's kept me from buying these for a while now.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

epitasis posted:

will never happen

Then that's a dealbreaker for me with these games. My fiancée spent hours on a CAW for herself on 2K14 to find out she could only face the five or six women in the game.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

also, haha, Rovert just won the IWGP IC title from Liger on that brand.

Did he use a scoop slam?

EDIT: And I just picked up 2k16 for the Xbone, so feel free to add me PopeCorkytheIX

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the new TEW is going to be Mac-compatible?

Also, how the hell do you do the Million Dollar Dream on the Rock in the Showcase mode? I can't seem to find anything about it. thanks in advance. And my Xbox One gamertag is PopeCorkytheIX

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

St Evan Echoes posted:

It'll be written in .net again so no

Curses, foiled again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

super macho dude posted:

re: million dollar dream

iirc its a direction+finisher from a standing position. in the pause menu, you can click on special moves and it'll tell you what is what.

I don't remember seeing it on the menu, I looked several times, but I could be wrong. I'll give it a shot, thank you.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I know I've asked this before, but I don't know if there are more/better options at this point, so what's the best way for me to play TEW 2016 on an iMac?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lady Naga posted:

The main thing I wanna do is replace the Limp Bizkit song with the much more hilarious Bikertaker one.

"Bad asses always kick an rear end in a top hat's rear end..."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Here's an odd question about 2k16

My fiancée spent the time creating a female character before realizing that the men still aren't allowed to fight women in this game. Is there a way she can simply copy the wrestler and only change the gender? Or would she have to go through the entire creation process all over again?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lady Naga posted:

There is no gender drop down box that allows you to have intergender matches no.

That's not what I'm asking, I understand that there are no intergender matches in this game. I'm wondering if you can copy a "Diva" wrestler, then switch the copy to a "Superstar" somehow so you can keep all the moveset, outfits, etc and only end up changing the gender. Or would you have to create a Diva entirely from the ground up with the same stuff?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Le Saboteur posted:

EA UFC 2 had the whole crossing yourself after a victory thing patched out today completely. So no more Khabib being suddenly Catholic after a win.

I'm honestly surprised this didn't cause a bigger problem.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

triplexpac posted:

Also Randy Orton has encouraged me to cut Lance "Garrison" Cade for some reason

Maybe because he's dead?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best created wrestlers to download for 2k16 on the Xbox One? I'm mainly talking about the Four Horsewomen.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

joylessdivision posted:

Dre41 I believe is the creators name. Makes a lot of really good looking caws. Can't remember who all he's made but I've downloaded a bunch of his work.

And if the server is up (LOL) Just sort by "Most Downloaded" and whatever hash tag. It might take a little work to sort through but you'll find the best that way.

Thanks, I appreciate it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I would love for some sort of "Attempt to Amputate Forearm with Limousine Window" mini-game.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Well, the rumor is a HHH Story mode. Can't wait to see the matches on that:

*Beat Ultimate Warrior at WM12 in 30 Seconds*

- but that's not what hap- *BEAT ULTIMATE WARRIOR AT WM12 IN 30 SECONDS*

Does this mean we'll get Stephanie's dog as a manager?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

No. The dog will be playable, Jericho will only be available as dog's manager.

Pre-ordered

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

rovert posted:

Playing a real world mod. Vince McMahon dies in 2018 and Stephanie replaces him as owner. Stephanie wants me to push Dash Wilder and Aiden English.

What do the raisins tell you?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Is it still the rumor that the main mode this year is going to be "play through HHH's career" (ala Austin?)

There are going to be rehab mini-games every time he tears his quad.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Nut Bunnies posted:

Day of Reckoning had a perfectly fine career mode where you started on the bottom 12 years ago

Also a better wrestling experience than most games since

Day of Reckoning 2, on the other hand, had Stephanie hire you to destroy WWE merchandise and murder dockworkers.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Love that Billy Gunn's still part of this years roster.

I get angry just seeing his loving name.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
2k17? Xbox One? PopeCorkytheIX?

Me!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Can someone explain to me, like I'm a special needs toddler, how to break out of a pin?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gaz-L posted:

When the meter hits the green part, press A/X.
If your dude has Resilience or Rope Break as abilities, you may be able to use Y/Triangle to automatically kick out or B/Circle to get a foot on the ropes.

Or if you mean to cancel out of a pin, I think it's either LB/L1 or B/Circle.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I kept thinking I needed to hold down A, then release it when it got to the green part of the meter for some loving reason.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Anyone else get a glitch on the Xbone version of WWE 2k17 where it's as though the controller stops working button by button during a match? It's happened a few times now. First the left stick, then the right stick, then the pad, then finally everything but the middle three. I've had to restart the game each time.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best created wrestlers for the Xbone? You know the users and such. Thanks in advance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So #DIY and Roode aren't planned for DLC, right?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Muddy Burphy posted:

My biggest fear for 2k18 is that they'll have the Cruiserweights in leprosy mode where they can't compete against the rest of the roster.

You mean like they've done with the women's roster for the past ten years at least?

Every loving iteration my spouse tries to make a female version of her character only to realize that she has to make a male version in order to compete with the other 90% of the roster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Instead of canvas, the surface of the ring is a giant bearskin rug.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Twisted Eye posted:

Yeah I was hoping that the mixed-gender wrestling would be somewhat unrestricted, but you know I wouldn't put it past them to hype it up, then have the final result be a stupud Specialty Mixed Gender Tag match option--on an enemy tag out, the computer takes over and walks you to the corner to tag automatically

Still, I'm kinda hopeful that they get some stuff right. The new announcers are WAY overdue, especially after the JBL addition was half-assed and lovely

This is exactly why my spouse and I haven't been buying the games recently. She spent hours on creating a female character to find out she could only use it against the other six (at the time) women on the roster.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MisterGBH posted:

Well no Del Rio and Dudleys thats for sure.

I can certainly understand Del Rio, but why not the Dudleys? I thought they left on good terms and they've even doing that new ECW roundtable with Heyman and Dreamer and a couple other people on the Network.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Tato posted:

Kinda shocked TM61 made it in.

I had actually forgotten they even exist. Especially with the weird decision to keep both off television for close to a year when only one got injured.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I’m terrible at the WWE games.

Even though I’m fine at timing in most other games, I somehow can only hit reversals 50-75% of the time, and I can almost never kick out of a pin, even on Easy. Stupid question, but are there any tips besides “Get better at timing?” I wish there was a choice of how to kick out of a pin the way they provide a choice for submissions.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Astro7x posted:

I also suck at kicking out of pins. I lost a match the other night within a minute just because I kept loving up the pin kick out. I definitely prefer the mash buttons approach to kicking out. Something like that shouldn't be based on skill

Exactly. I spent the vast majority of an Epic match kicking the poo poo out of Enzo as Samoa Joe, only to get randomly caught in a roll-up for a three-count even though it was maybe the fourth or fifth time he actually hit me in fourteen minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wouldn't have as big a problem with the golf swing meter if it wasn't for the fact that the sweet spot for a kickout is hilariously small, especially in matches where I've been beating someone with weapons for half an hour while they've only gotten in a few reversals. Shouldn't it be bigger depending on how "fresh" or undamaged you are?