Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

They haven't said whether universe or rivalry modes are exclusive. I'd imagine they aren't if it hasn't already been brought up. They were quick to point out that the mycareer mode was.

I thought they were confirmed earlier this page or last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I got my first ultra rare last night, and it's a UR Tyson Kidd. His image is circa WWE 13 (aka the "create-a-player head").

it's pretty glorious to ruin people with Kidd.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Under the vegetable posted:

I keep thinking some new info came out for 2k15 but no, it's just this loving card game. OH I GOT A PRO PLUS EV JTG SUPER BLUE X-7 WHATS THE PRIME DEAL ON THAT W A GREEN TRIPLE TRAINED SABLE

90 percent of the time I give just as few fucks about CCGs.

But this one is really pretty dang fun.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mr. McMahon is pretty overpowered compared with other cards in his category. Also, once I got my SR Mr. McMahon I fed him a bunch of Dusty Rhodeses, which felt deliciously appropriate.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

simosimo posted:

PS Careful of charisma matches, if someone has a SR Vinnie Mac you're dead.

:whatup:

my current team is SR Big John Studd, SR Fandango, SR Vince, SR Tyson Kidd and Rare fully leveled AJ Lee. I'm in SR+ tier and haven't pulled a SR card whatsoever on the tableau, which is some bullshit. I'm leaving some rare and UCs in my KOTR lineup but feeding everything else to level my SRs and praying I pull a SR Diva or R AJ to make mine Pro sooner or later (actually I'll just feed the second AJ until I get impatient and rare the two from there). What's crazy is I've gotten some decent rare cards, but now I just have too many SRs to make them worth anything to me.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm to the SR++ tier now in SuperCard and um I don't know where all the Super Rare cards went. I keep drawing KOTR boosts and, and best, a Rare card. It's a tad frustrating.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

On supercard, are you guys using mostly left and right blue alignment guys? It seems like there are way less yellow up and down guys, and since they don't mesh with my four key guys building any of them is pointless.

I got a Rare Pro Edge, SR Hogan, rare Rey and Warrior, and SR Eva. With this lineup I can team Edge and Rey for speed, Hogan and Warrior for charisma, etc. But any yellow guys I get gently caress with the flow so they end up being pointless.

For the most part I just don't worry about that now, because I either throw a boost at it to counter the point penalty or just make sure my cards are good enough that it isn't an issue. It's only caused me to lose a few times, but even then that's one match out of three, so I'm not super worried.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yep. I've got an almost-perfect fully maxed Rare Pro AJ (one card was fully leveled, the other I got to 12 or 13 before getting impatient) and that card still whoops most of the Diva cards I see even in SR++ in Exhibition.

I just finished a SR KOTR as the runner-up, and that earned me a pair of SR HBKs who will be leveled and Pro'd in due time.

It's also really funny to find the pay-to-win dudes in Exhibition -- they'll have a UR or Epic card as their avatar, and the rest of their deck will be hot street trash. It's the UR decks with 1,000+ wins that always seem to beat me.

I'm at like 600-100 in Exhibition. I know there are some goons doing way better than that, but still. Send help.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm grinding to try and top off the two SR HBKs I got from my last KOTR, I've got one maxed and the other is on his way. In SR++ for Exhibition and the good news is that it feels like I'm getting better, more common rare and SR drops (got a SR Goldust!); but the bigger deal is that even those Rares clear the board. And nothing is worse than being down to two cards left and choosing one and it's a Rare or a KOTR power card :gonk:

I've still got some time and interest left (especially since I can probably jump tiers in KOTR soon since I have enough SRs leveled up, only weakness is at Diva). I'd be over the moon if I won a pair of SR Divas sometime soon.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

So I finished second in that UR KotR

:getin:

:aaa:

Working my way through the second round-robin in my SR KOTR, hoping to at least make the final to get that pair. Might do another in the next few days if I can jump to UR tier, I'm reeeeeeally close to getting to UR in Exhibition. Praying my first UR drop isn't a support :gonk:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

So apparently some info was released about 2K15. You know how Career mode is exclusive to next gen consoles? Well so is new motion capture animations, the chain wrestling, and the new stamina system. I'm sure that doesn't mean "motion capture" moves, but like little things with movements. Also John Cena is picking modern popular songs for the 2K15 soundtrack.

this really isn't surprising whatsoever. it always happened this way with other sports games too -- the legacy engine and assets get a fresh coat of paint, while the new-gen stuff gets all the new tech. hopefully the plus side is that things like creation don't change in major ways for the PS3.

upped my Supercard team, entered another KOTR, finished second. Fingers crossed that I get another top-five-tier SR pair -- the last time I got a pair of HBKs, which according to that google doc are the top SR card. I already have another top 10 card ready to go (a pair of Bray Wyatts) but if I can get another high level pair then I'll be set. If it's a SR Diva pair then I'll do loving backflips.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What are considered the best two (or four, if we're talking King of the Ring) Support cards to have in your deck at all times? I have one Rare each of Ladder, Manager, Stop, Taunt, Trash and Universe, and then at least two Uncommons of every Support card.

The highest rarity of whatever boosts your low points. My UR+ deck is a little weak in terms of Power, so I wish I had a R/SR Power boost, but my current ones work alright.

Yeah, up in UR+ now I'm seeing people with Epic avatars, three- or two-digit win totals, or low-three-digit wins and really lovely W/L ratios. And then you beat their deck 2-1 and count how many $25 cards they have and shake your head.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Watch posted:

After you win King of the Ring, you have to wait the same amount of time that you usually do between matches to receive your reward.

I already stayed up half an hour later than usual to see if I won and get my cards, game! :argh:

worst, I had to wait for round 3 to process even though I lost 2-0 the most recent time.

and I know I mentioned it before but counting up how many dollars people spent on this game is kinda eye-opening.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Turns out I've paid almost 2,000 games, so I just had to grind a bit more and got that second SR Paige. I dot care about completing that card book so I fed the rare Paige cards to build the first SR, now I need to level up the other one. Soon I'll have an upgrade over my rare pro AJ whose held down my starting Diva spot foreeeeeeever.

Also unlocked a UR Shawn Michaels, so woooo more HBK for my deck.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

my conspiracy theory is that Erick Rowan's stats are what we would have if a certain Charles Montgomery Punk was licensed in the game. "Oh no, we need to put someone in this slot! Quick, who haven't we used? The other Wyatt dude? Sure, why not."

I'm in Ultra Rare++ and the ladder reward SR Paige cards are the first time I've gotten higher than a rare Diva card. That said, the max-leveled SR Paige by herself won't take out anyone, but bah gawd it looks like she turns into a monster when made into a Pro version. Yikes.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sono posted:

Congrats to 2K for creating the first pay-to-lose game. In the past hour, I've seen 6 $75 trash teams on UR++.

Oh god there's so many. Some might beat a "proper" (person with 1500 games plus) deck at that tier, but it's amazing to see Epic cards at level zero for a guy who's played less than a hundred matches.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Here's a Q so maybe you can A it.

I'm currently almost done with Super Rare + tier. Do you stop getting Common cards at some point or do they always get thrown at you for some stupid reason?

I just got to Epic and still pull commons. I wish they'd reset things at SRs and not just Rare cards but still. At that point you're just collecting them to either use for training your better cards or to have a unique avatar (Pro common Dusty Rhodes or Jake the Snake? Sure, why not).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Got to Epic tier. Feels good man.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I imagine 2 ultra rare cards when maxed out would be better. I'm in the same boat with the tourney. I'm at about 26000 points and I know if I grind at it this evening I could probably get an Ultra Rare Lesnar, but I think I'd rather just have the pare of super rare pros.

Pros can take out regular (even max leveled) of the next tier up. The chance to get a good Pro card eventually is worth it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Got second in an UR KOTR! A new pair is mine!

...oh it's a pair of Jack Swaggers. Aww.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

flatluigi posted:

It's a hell of a lot better than hoping and praying you got a Diva card drop so you weren't hosed over for hundreds of matches. I'm still seeing people with green divas occasionally.

same. I was using my Pro Rare AJ (which wasn't perfectly leveled up, I was impatient at that point and thought Diva drops would be more common than they turned out to be) forever, and hadn't seen any SR or higher Divas at all, and then the ladder rewards started up and I was less than 100 games from getting the second Paige so that was an obvious upgrade. It's given me something to build on here on out, so I can't complain too much about that. I've seen some drops since then but still nothing higher than rare.

if they'd given you the chance to buy a SR to Epic Diva, I probably would've caved for one of those as high as $10.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MotU posted:

Does a card have to be in my inventory to be my Champ pic? Dual Sledgehammer HHH is no longer useful but I don't want a different pic

it doesn't have to be in your deck, and it also becomes a card you cannot use to train other cards. I'm in Epic tier but my champ is still...Perfect :smug:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mayostard posted:

I've been at Legendary ++ for almost a week now and I haven't gotten a legendary since the Pump It Up I got as my guaranteed drop. I'm getting a little annoyed.

What tier KOTR are you able to do? As mentioned this page, at a certain point, you look at the level of the card you can get for making the knockout round versus how often the cards drop in Exhibition mode and start putting yourself in KOTRs on a constant basis.

I sneaked into Epic KOTR and even if I fail I'll get an UR wrestler, but if I make the knockout I'd get an Epic guy and so far I only have had one (my automatic drop for making Epic in Exhibition).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DeathChicken posted:

Haha, they have the match with Cena smashing Rey Mysterio's dreams like the good friend that he is.

Yeah but it'll be cool to see Punk come back post-match debuting "Cult of Personality," so that'll be awesome.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

My two potential tweaks to the game would be moving the floor of "resetting the board" up to Rare once you hit a certain point, because by that time (whichever time proves best for balance) those Rare or even Super Rare cards are just bigger XP doses to train cards. The other change would be giving three cards for a 3-0 win to help get XP cards faster.

[Edit] and also got into the bracket for my Epic KOTR, guaranteed Epic card wooooo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I've seen Super Rare pro Paiges that have the old stats (and lose to mine with the updated stats) so it's probably tied with logging in. That said, I noticed the same thing before the patch - I leveled mine perfectly without exploits up to 30, yet somebody had slightly higher single stats somehow. Exploits? Shenanigans?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Getting to the bracket of an Epic KOTR netted me an Epic Rock this morning, and exhibition gave me an UR Bork Laser so I don't think I can really complain at the moment.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Got through an Epic KOTR and decided to go for some UR pairs instead of single Legendary cards. Hopefully I can make the finals and get a good pair this time.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wow, they have the Sami Zayn front-flip counter power bomb and the spinning blue thunder bomb in there from mocap? Dang. Also has the Adrian Neville hand sign (when he's standing on the ropes) been something he tried on NXT TV that I missed? Hadn't seen that.

The actual live gameplay looks better but there is still something less-than-final about the textures and...is it the normal mapping? Bump mapping? I forget what it's called, but the layer on top of textures. It looks glossy and not finished yet. Now that's part of the final sheen they put on a game, but still.

Also the one thing that was bugging me about the earlier videos was their CAW and I couldn't put my finger on it, but I figured it out: he's wearing Hiroshi Tanahashi-pattern tights.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just got an Epic Daniel Bryan random drop from Exhibition and got into the finals of an UR KOTR, so guaranteed a UR pair there. Not a bad day.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Finished second in KOTR, got a pair of Ultra Rares :woop:

...Ultra Rare Erick Rowans :smith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Feed that hungry butt with pride.

I mean I know it's an upgrade over my current UR Pro (Jack Swagger) but still.

Just entered another UR KOTR. Trying to get a top-10 pair to be more competitive.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm trying to get into the finals of another UR KOTR to add to my duo of mid card superstars, so I'm still in that "would rather have a pair of URs than a free Epic" at the moment. I also probably need an upgrade on the Diva front from the pro SR ladder Paige, too. I'm close to hitting Epic++ in Exhibition, and I'm not sure if ditching my UR* would do that or not.

the dude in my KOTR who is number one has one loss, and his lineup is a Legendary Ryback, a Pro Epic Ryback, and he's got a pair of Virgils in the tag team spots. He's definitely coasting.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Genericide posted:

If some of those details are slightly wrong, we're in the same KOTR.

might've been. I lost in the final and my avatar is Mr Perfect, other dude (who lost 2 games all tourney) was using Ultimate Warrior.

and my reward for getting smoked in the final? Undertaker. I'll take it.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

cams posted:

Yeah, this is gonna be the most one-sided PCC yet.

:aaa:

I have zero chance of winning that but oh my lord.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Lodin posted:

I find it surreal that they release the old versions of the game first. It was understandable with some of the earlier games but this is a year after the launches. The only reason I can think of is them wanting people to double dip.
It'll probably work because the fans are idiots.

Old version was done first because it probably is just a brush-up job on 2K14? Maybe the new-gen versions needed more time in the oven? Not everything is a Rube Goldberg device of intrigue and mystery.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mayostard posted:

:bang: I just accidentally fed my max pro ur Paige to an uncommon Tyson Kidd instead of the epic Naomi I just pro'd :bang: :suicide:

Pay it forward. It might not be perfect but they do seem really generous with how much XP they give you when you feed cards up the chain.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I just trickled up to Epic++ - barely - so I put some ballast on my KOTR team and have been cleaning house in UR KOTR. I'm still using the SR ladder Paige so I need a new set of Divas right the hell now, and otherwise my exhibition team is two Pro URs and two good maxed Epics. Hitting my ceiling until I get a new Diva or start somehow making my Legendary cards into Pros.

That Usos entrance looked good...and then the canned game stuff comes back in. Hard to understand how they don't have a tag team announcement for the two of them, and how that didn't trip the "tag team = tag team commentary" part either.

WWE 2K15 may end up playing alright but gooooooood god they need Visual Concepts' help adding in the spit and polish that the NBA 2K games have.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The best thing in SuperCard was seeing a dude whose username is YAPPAPIE a week or so using Ultimate Warrior and then saw him pop up again today with a Hulk Hogan card as his avatar. He found his muse :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just got to the bracket in an Epic KOTR without any sandbagging, and I may default my way to the finals just because the eastern seaboard of the U.S. is asleep. Good times!