Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if this means we'll get poop-brown tights Shawn from his last World title win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Liar Lyre posted:

They confirmed that career mode starts in NXT. Probably why these have Gabriel and Kidd in the game.

Plus the roster even on the 2K site isn't even 60 people. Even if you assume the selection screen doesn't section off Divas like in the recent games, there's still room for half again as many characters. They can squeeze Zayn, Neville, Dallas and Breeze in to give you someone to fight in career mode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

Won't happen, but old school goldust+Marlena, perhaps.

Comedy option: heel r-truth

THAT'S ILLEGAL *clap-clap-clapclapclap*

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sk posted:

it's like the Game of Life but half as long

And all the cards tell you to give money to whoever's playing Fritz.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

easiest way to get around it is to have a way to for games to link to your amazon prime/itunes/whatever account and let you use the music you have rights to on there.

Or at least have that integration for their respective own streaming music services, if nothing else. (He says, as one of the 13 people with an XBox Music sub)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...gently caress. That's the same week Dragon Age 3 is out. I was hoping I could get my WWE on before moving on to that. (To be fair, DA3 was originally scheduled for October too.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought the PS3/60 versions didn't have that mode to begin with?

No, the last-gen versions don't have MyCareer, where you take your CAW from NXT to the main roster. All versions have the rivalry mode with Hunter/Shawn and Cena/Punk stories.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
8/10 is pretty much what I'd give DA2, honestly. Probably, on balance, not as good as the first, but it has some elements I really like. (The whole dialogue stance system is pretty awesome, and party members all having their own little spaces in the town was cool.) The blander combat and re-used maps weren't great, but they're not the holocaust atrocities some people on the internet act like they are. And the story's a bit unfocused, but the individual strands work for me, but I think it commits the unforgiveable sin for many of being a BIOWARE STORY!!! Like that's anything to be shocked by. It's not all that deep, it's basically a long-form action movie in tone, and I have no clue what people expected, considering the vitriol and actual loving abuse that got hurled at the developers. (Seriously, death threats because one of the writers said she 'squeed' when writing one character? And the gaming press are the ones that lack perspective?)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Push a button, something awesome happens!

...OK that was dumb

(Dumb enough that Volition made fun of it Saints Row)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

canada jezus posted:

In ea ufc, can you create a fighter a bunch of dudes, like say make a bellator roster if you wanted to? Or is it limited to 1 dude in career mode.

Also is the game worth picking up overal? Reviews and boards are kind of divided on it and i can't get info on if the patches improved things or not at all. Opinions kind goons?

You can make a bunch of guys (but not women).

I like it. Haven't played for a few weeks, but it's fun and they did put some effort into patching away some of the bigger criticisms. Like they added the ability to touch gloves at the start of rounds and after stand-ups. And they added the ability to stuff a takedown attempt into sprawl, which should've been in to begin with, but at least they patched it in. Plus you can get hatemail from 13 year-olds mad that you got them in the Muay Thai clinch and kneed them in the head until they died.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

canada jezus posted:

So you could conceivably make brock lesnar, ben askren, Shinyi aoki, whatever, or would that involve doing career mode and all its fights 3 times?

You can make CAFs outside of career mode. Career asks you import a previously made dude or prompts you to go into creation.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dunno, that's an awful lot of turns for one Paige.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

They showed his yes on the turnbuckle.

Some of the new moves looked neat but otherwise barely a new coat of paint.

We already knew it was in, but I do like the desperate crawl into a one handed cover.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Great White Hope posted:

Change all the commentary to parts of various songs.

"Rock You Like A Hurricane" plays whenever Brock hits the F5.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...it's not totally clear, but I think they confirmed Bo, Sami and Neville are in 2k15 today?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

I played against a maxed epic RVD today that had 420 charisma.

Sadly I found out this was because of a manager that had been played previously. Way to drop the ball, 2k :mad:

That's probably most accurate though. He clearly had the Man That Calls It Right Down The Middle daddeh *PHWWWWEEEEEP PHWWWWEEEEEP* in his corner.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He's probably in MyCareer as a trainer and shot some "way to go kid, you got what it takes" stuff. Of course, playable Hugh G Rection might mean playable Sara del Rey, so...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

gently caress you for making me remember Hugh G Rection.

It's the first thing that popped up into mind.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

...that sounds too good to be true. If it's even close to what's described, that's loving amazing and exactly what people have wanted from Universe for years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jubs posted:

Nice to see Ricochet made it into the game.

Honestly, it probably is a Ricochet CAW they made.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Quasipox posted:

I don't know if anyone has ever posted this before, but I saw this today.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/crazy-taxi-city-rush-hulk/id794507331?mt=8

There are no words.

I hope it replaces the Offspring with Hulk Hogan's Wrestling Boot Band.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Thunk Slamchest.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Big McLargeHuge

Roll Fizzlebeef

Stump BeefKnob

Bob Johnson.

...wait.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

I'm going to buck the trend and say you should call your big hoss Sparkle Twinkletoes, or Lenny Twilight.

Or Joey Splashwater.

Lloyd Boner. It has to be.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Basically yeah.

Pretty much. I hate it as much, if not more than most people, but the women are NOT a major selling point of these games, nor of the product in general. I believe that should change, but right now, most people don't give a poo poo if Paige is in the game or not. Hell, a big portion of their customer base probably barely notices if AJ is in the game, and makes fun of anyone who plays as the girls.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wiz released the two tracks he did with Cena and um... I know Cena hasn't rapped for a while, but he used to have a little flow, from what I remember, but he's rhyming slower than his rap promos on these.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac posted:

That's awful. I'll probably still buy it because I'm a goddamn idiot.

:smith::respek::smith:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
EA actually released some pretty extensive patches for that UFC game. Like, not 'changed 2 numbers' patches, but adding new animations, fighters and mechanics big. It's pretty decent, actually.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

epitasis posted:

does the season pass include the stats editor

Yes. That's the Accelerator.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, neat, they've got Rowan and Harper's separate music. I realise music's easier to add in at short notice, but it's still kinda cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ascension are DLC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

New John Cena gimmick, he comes out to the ring at the start of Raw and just recites a different classic poem, vaguely themed to whoever he's feuding with. It'll be like his rap shtick, but classier. Kids get to learn about Keats, Ginsberg and Plath.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It should've been Ozymandias, read by Vince, if they're going for poem/wrestler parallels.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

So it's very obviously a reskinned 2k14 Wrestlemania eras mode with a reskinned Undertaker streak mode to finish. Yeah, seems about what you'd expect for the last gen :effort: ports. Is this the first screenshots we've seen of the 360/ps3 models?

The 'Rivalry' mode is pretty obviously the Attitude/WM mode as well, though? It's not a shock that that stuff's there. I'm actually a little bummed the 'battle SuperCena' thing isn't in the next gen versions, considering I really liked the Streak mode.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

At first it seems like the mouth is a big problem. And I guess it is. But really, it's those dead, dead eyes.

You say that like the real Brock doesn't have the cold, dead eyes of an axe-murderer.

Mounted on the wall of his barn.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You should still have some CAWs show up on the main roster as job guys, at least if your dude is getting the Ryback/Goldberg/Rusev push. Only so many times you can squash Heath Slater.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Abu Dave posted:

Possible I guess? I hit my finisher on a random game created wrestler and I ran out of stamina and the guy managed to pin me after it. Real tired of this game.

e; Sure would be nice if this loving game told you what allegiance the managers you can purchase are. Just bought a manager but they're only good for heel...and no one knows how the loving slider works, what a trash game.

I just assumed they'd be whatever they were around the time the game's cut-off seems to be. I bought Naomi, assuming she'll work for a face.

I then proceeded to get squashed by Rusev because I wasn't used to the AI going for early covers and assumed the meter would fill much quicker than it did, so kept letting go too soon. :saddowns:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm enjoying it too, but seriously? An XBOne only bug where your save data/unlocks vanish randomly? Game first 'forgot' I unlocked Rusev, then just ate my progress on the showcase mode. Dumbest part is my career save's there. I mean, sure I could use the Accelerator, but I don't want EVERYthing unlocked, just the poo poo I already had. I've always thought the all or nothing approach that they use is silly. Why not let the Accelerator unlock individual things?

And on the forums they're blaming it on not shutting the app down completely, which, um... that's basically a selling point of the consoles?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Which makes sense, how often do you see guys exchange hammerlocks during the comeback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
DO YOU EVEN WANNA BE HERE?