Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Lol I'm watching this fight forever tournament and it's pretty fun but the spectator view is atrocious. Every move looks glitchy as gently caress.

It somehow got worse from the last tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
They put out a news blurb on August 1 saying they're working on stuff and stay tuned to the AEWGames twitter for more...aaaaand nothing since then. They already missed the proposed release date of DLC 2 (July 26?) and now are going to miss the Hookhausen DLC window as well since that's allegedly the 22nd

Seriously nL has done more to sell this game than THQ/AEW Games

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

Apparently wrestlequest is bad, that sucks

Any more detail than that?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Buggy to the point that people are losing hours of progress and having to reload old saves, combat is a repetitive QTE-fest where even the most basic attacks require a QTE and the story is kind of all over the place from the sound of it.

Wow yeah that is not great. I could probably deal with the qte-fest but the save bug is dire

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Regrettable posted:

NL boys just said Stadium Stampede is going to be out in the next 24 hours.

MachoT clarified, it's out on the 24th of August, so, Thursday.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh and of course still no word on any of the other DLC or crossplay or anything that would keep this game from dying a death faster than Radical Heights/Rumbleverse/any of the other 100 failed BR games.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Stadium Stampede mode does indeed work on Steam

buuuuut

It's only 1/5 players because it turns out doubling your active player count doesn't mean much when the active player count before was only 42 :v:

And yep, still no crossplay.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I got exactly what I wanted out of it and it’s fun to dick around in multiplayer with friends every now and then. It’s not a live service game and there isn’t much to grind so it’s not surprising that most people have moved on but I don’t need every game I play to be that.

I would love a more fleshed out story mode in the sequel though

I would love for a more complete game to be released the first time instead of an overpriced test run that people have to buy in order to get the sequel :shrug:

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 24, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really don't know how to feel about Stadium Stampede. It's buggy, janky, and the netcode is a nightmare and a half, and yet i'm having fun with it.

...and i guess anything that actually gets more people playing on PC is good :shrugs:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

It is incredibly bizarre to me that fighting game fanatic Kenny Omega allowed a game with his name on it to ship without an Arcade Mode.

Look he got himself to be the most broken, OP character, he's satisfied :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Stadium Stampede is glitchy as poo poo and not very fun. If I start anywhere but the field it spawns me as an all-grey putty figure who can't run or attack or do anything but jump.

are you seeing things like 40/30 players in the pre-load lobby when this happens or is it actually numerically correct? Just asking since nL encountered that on stream but it happened when there were like 42 players out of 30 lobbied up

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yes! I had no idea if it was meant to be that way or not but every game I played ranged from 37-42/30. I don't know if there were actually that many though.

From what they experienced it looks like everyone "extra" became the grey jobber dudes that die in one hit.

Which leads to the question of how Yukes can't figure out how to cap a lobby.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

oldskool posted:

i think the big thing isn't so much the results as the participants. like how do you tell Bray's story while (presumably) omitting anything with Bryan, or Dean Ambrose? plus the loss of Harper, and Rowan no longer being with the company...i guess you could do a Fiend only run with a couple callbacks to the swamp era (the Mania matches probably) but at that point why are you bothering

Yeah I was going to say it'd have to be sold on his allies or opponents talking about the matches, and most of them are gone.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Minidust posted:

I need to get better at AKI wrestling games. Every now and then I try an earnest runthrough of No Mercy career modes, but the matches seem to drag on for ages and I don't have much fun. And then of course you hit a handicap match with limited continues and the last shred of fun goes out the door.

Similarly I gave Wrestlemania 2000 a shot and the first match was a tag match. Once again the match felt way too long due to the momentum system, but then you had the added factor of CPU partners breakng up the pin, it went like 40 minutes and I just had no more will to play. :(

I know the Smackdown games are less good overall but I never had problems with matches seeming to go on forever. Maybe just because they were easier?

I have similar problems with Def Jam but it seems a little more manageable.

Honestly I should use some of the Game Genie features built into the n64 everdrive... anyone aware of cheats that might improve the experience somewhat?

You could also try enabling "quick match" (I think that exists in WM2000, not sure about No Mercy) where it's a lot easier to finish up a match, possibly even too easy since you can get pins or submissions off of the most random things with it enabled.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The original Japanese version of Fire Pro 2, Final Fire Pro Wrestling, also has a promoter mode. Fortunately someone made a full English patch years ago for it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It’s a fancy console with a bunch of special nerd poo poo in it that plays original cartridges for gb/gbc/gba and then a bunch of other handhelds using adapters, so yeah kind of

Also because it has two FPGA cores you can emulate a lot of other consoles and arcade boards too. The most ambitious of which so far would be the Amiga 500 core.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

wouldn't surprise me given how godawful the devs are at communication of any kind. the discord for the game continuously has the devs parroting "we can't do or say anything without aewgames final say" plus they're also busy releasing the new Trine game.

Pretty sure Frozenbyte has nothing to do with Fight Forever.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Wrestling Empire just added Steam Workshop support, hopefully this means that soon I won't have to manually patch the game files to use custom music, among other things!

link to the announcement

quote:

While we all wish it was easier to edit the assets in my new games, Steam Workshop is finally here to at least make it indirectly possible! You can now "subscribe" to a whole range of mods and have them automatically show up in your game by choosing the alternate "Play Modded" launch option:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1620340/workshop/

Not only is this easier for users, but it's also fairer for the developer if all of this happens within Steam - where paying customers have earnt the right to customize a game they supported to this point. Once you get comfortable with it, you may even find yourself uploading your own mods! Look out for a couple of new PDFs explaining each side of the process. If enough people support the content, it could become a mutually beneficial way of breathing new life into the game for years to come. May I take this opportunity to publicly thank IngoH for his tireless efforts in taking us this far.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The lack of roster depth isn't even in my top 3 of problems with Fight Forever

The CAW system is still stupidly limited, online is now super dead, and even when it wasn't the net code was questionable (and of course, a lack of crossplay)

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 17, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Kenny is green now! Everything is fixed!

The Greener Kenny Omega

EDIT: all these fixes yet they didn't fix tables falling over if you look at them funny apparently

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 1, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

explosivo posted:

Looks like we're getting some Fight Forever S2 info on the aew games stream today

https://twitch.tv/aewgames

Edit: It might just be footage of the acclaimed :[

Edit 2: lol okay yeah it was 3 seconds of the Acclaimed entrance on repeat

Did they have a glitching turkey in front of it too :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

I do get that, but this game omits really basic features that the developers themselves have included in their previous games. Games from two decades ago!

Plus Yuke's is a studio that has been in existence for 30 years. it's not like they don't have any clue what they're doing, despite their attempts to prove otherwise with this game.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

I've moved past the "this is one of the things I hate about modern gaming, stuff's released ASAP to hit a deadline and they come with patches to make basic or seemingly-basic stuff work that should have worked from the start" phase and to the "oh okay so this game was just never gonna work if this is what they thought needed fixing or got complaints" phase

It's really odd to think the problem might have been Yuke's all along, but it's really starting to feel like it.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 21, 2023

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

They got Mohammad Ali in wwe 2k24 and Brock Lesnar off the cover.

Gonna be real loving awkward if Vince McMahon is still in the game.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Lets brainstrom some tag game mechanics because im curious. Why isnt there a button i press and my partner just goes after the non legal man. Or like if my partner has a high momentum or a special or whatever your game uses they just take the non legal man out. imagine your AI partner just runs around the ring and throws the other guy off the apron as you hit a stunner and get the 3.

So this is going to be sacrilege probably, but WWF Attitude at least had a good idea for how tag interference should work. A tag partner only gets 5 (I think) seconds to do something which is enough to like break up a pin, and then the time slowly regenerates after they go back to the apron, meaning you couldn't just spam it and trying to use it more often would just result in less and less time to act. Additionally players could actually call in the AI tag partner to interfere instead of hoping the game's AI was being nice that day and would do it automatically.

Of course it still didn't fix the game's other mechanical problems, but there was at least that.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 6, 2024

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Barry Bluejeans posted:

nine active players lmao

If there was ever a case against prioritizing Stadium Stampede, it was this.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

blunt posted:

The free DLC has 10 attires for your CAWS and some music. There's also a general patch but it's exclusively bugfixes with no features.

Sweet a whole 10 more shirts and pants in varying camouflage patterns :v:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I feel like this is gonna be a no mans sky where the skeleton was ok but bare bones and by year 5 it winds up being a wildly deep game after all the doenloaded support. I just wish the season passes were cheaper and they would add even more caw components.

No Man's Sky has charged a whopping $0 for all post-release content so no it's not going to be at all like that.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NameHurtBrain posted:

Smackdown 1's CAW mode was you chose like, 3 parts. An existing head(and hair), an existing torso, and an existing set of legs. The unlockables were parts for guys not included in the base game, like Pre-RTC Stevie Richards. It was a pretty dire CAW mode to be honest, and IIRC it even had the 'you gotta do preseason mode to get stats for your CAW' dumb bullshit.

SD2's improvements on this was kind of amazing given the games came out like, 9 months apart.

Yeah, SmackDown 1 was just them essentially taking the engine from "The Pro Wrestling", a simple series game, and putting WWF stuff into it. Then SmackDown 2 was the far more refined concept.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Drakkel posted:

Just make all the existing wrestlers clothes/hairstyles available as CAW parts god drat

Why do that when they can charge you $10 later to be able to wear a cape, robe, or towel as entrance wear?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Basic Chunnel posted:

At least Bad Bunny put in work. PM gets in just because he looks like an ECW midcarder

Post Mahoney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STING 64 posted:

Kinda wonder what capcom would have done with it

Even more DLC? :v: