Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I hate Shawn Michaels so much that I fed his SR into my SR Yokozuna

and then immediately after got SR Eric Rowan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gamefly'd WWE SK15 and lol there were like only 15 hair options and 10 hats in CAW? The options to make people were so loving pisspoor I just quit 20 minutes in. If I can't make the same quality freaks and weirdos with crazy body proportions and wacky helmets as in 2k14, what the gently caress is the point? What a laughably bad game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man, played some 2K14 this weekend and it still baffles me how loving bad the 2k15 game is. I mean, that loving wrestling "creator," holy poo poo. How does a PS4 game have like 80% less options than the PS3 one while making grappling even worse? Like, the best part of 2k14 was all the freaks you could make, all the stupid poo poo you could download and paste to their face and shirt and then put their music as Kiss From A Rose. You can't do any of that poo poo in the new game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Aurain posted:

No PC version confirmed, but PS3/360 are.

Snooze.

just hearing they aren't ditching lastgen means all hope is pretty much null. Then again 2k15 was so loving bad I have zero faith in any wrestling game being good ever again. Everything from the shockingly limited creation tools to the mindbreaking awfulness of the "chain" system. the grapple system was fine in 2k14 and they hosed it up royal.

what's so hard from just copying the system No Mercy had

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

that's the best loving preorder incentive I've ever seen and now I'm praying the game is passable

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

new ign article on wwe2k16 http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/04/gamescom-2015-first-wwe-2k16-gameplay-details-revealed

"chain grappling is back" was all it took for me to surmise this will just be another piece of poo poo. gently caress the grappling minigame, what was so awful about 2k14's easy system that we needed this poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I realize it's nearly two games ago in the series for a last-gen system but I figured out why my Create/Edit an Entrance was freezing in WWE2K14 every single time - it was because there was too much music stored on my PS3 apparently. Prior games never had an issue with it but I guess 2K14 does. Now I have no reason to buy another WWE2Kx game or a new system until they put back in the creation stuff from 2K14. There's still lots of community creations being made for 14 as well - I managed to snag an updated Kevin Owens and a bunch of Lucha Underground guys last night.

wish I still had my ps3 because I loved creating hosed up fighters with weird proportions and faces and having them come out to a Cookie Monster song or some J. Greils Band poo poo. between the great creation suite and the imported music 2k14 was great. 2k15 had neither of those things and doubled down on terrible mechanics.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I have been staring at this quote for like ten minutes trying to come up with a reply.

I mean they're trying something different, dude, okay and maybe you don't like that and you know what? That's fine. But I think it's kind of bullshit that THAT is the reason you dismiss 2K16 as "another piece of poo poo." Really? Was the chain grappling system that bad? Because it wasn't. It wasn't very good, but it wasn't bad, and at least they're doing something new and rather than what THQ did they're actually improving upon it. If it was still THQ and they introduced this system? It wouldn't have gotten updated, been in for two or three games, and then suddenly disappeared.

You're really dismissive. That IGN article gave me a lot of faith. I'm just waiting for them to say PC release. Honestly that's all I need to get on board.

A better computer wouldn't hurt, either, because I can't even run 2K15 on this one.

you prob should have waited longer to type a reply because this and virtually everything you've written itt is embarrassing as gently caress. you deserve whatever poo poo-tier game yukes shoves out

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxsU7KenMw

this game looks like such garbage jesus christ. I cant stop laughing at that dead eyed blank face he has near the end, clenching a fist.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 25, 2015

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how much can you edit the regular roster in this game? everything from attributes and moves to appearance and entrance and poo poo? Can you even change names?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

rented dis and spent an hour editing poo poo, then an error took me out of the game, loving it all up. Not to mention all the invisible wrestlers that appear. Between these loving stupid bugs and how sluggish this is, I can't believe how much better 2k14 was compared to this complete piece of poo poo. also, in the past you could put hats and jackets and crazy poo poo on your characters but now it's entrance only? gently caress off with this "no fun allowed" poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

how on earth can you compare MGSV to this garbage

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

now that the spiderman license got saved by Insomiac and Sony, I guess the new champ of "longest running series of continuously bad games" goes to the wwe2k games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game is going to continue looking bad until they drop the ps3/360 versions. also because this series is loving abhorrent.

the only one I play is the 2k14 I think? might be 13. it was the last one on ps3 that had cm punk/goldberg and allowed you to create truly freakish monsters while also letting you put in your own music via usb. creating an 8 ft tall cookie monster and having him come out to Kiss From A Rose was great.

this new one at least looks like it has way better CAW options. I remember 2k15 giving you only like 10 loving hat options, what the gently caress.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I feel like everything people want can be answered with "play Fire Pro"

I wish loving Fire Pro Returns was next on the list of PS2 On PS4 games

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

last time I played this poo poo was 2k14 or whatever the one with Punk was. is the grappling system still the same i.e. grapple plus a direction, then inputting grapple plus a direction for moves

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

joylessdivision posted:

Punk was 2013. And yeah it's been like that since then and I don't see them changing it any time soon because LOLYUKES

isn't this basically a good system though, like I remember plenty of games that had worse, I never minded it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I read you can splice together entrance musics and poo poo for custom themes? that sounds incredible if true. the example I read about was "put stone cold's glass shatter followed by tyler breeze music followed by real american segueing in"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I got the info from the gamesradar review here:

http://www.gamesradar.com/wwe-2k17-review-you-and-your-opponent-can-re-enact-ecws-greatest-hits-with-glee/

had no idea there was an Audacity-level music editor in the game

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tonfa posted:

If the PC version gets a mod that allows you to inject custom music I will be all over this.

I remember when deliberating over whether or not to buy 2k16 on PC I researched the music mods for custom music, and it was the most painful, tedious, and bullshit process to put custom poo poo in the game. I wouldn't hold my breath for any difference this year.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

was watching my friend broadcast the game and the music themes for wrestlers did not play. apparently it also gets muted when you shareplay and record poo poo on ps4. if true that is the biggest loving pussy move by wwe and yukes, what the gently caress how annoying and garbage is that. why bother making entrances if poo poo gets loving muted when I try to record it and post it anywhere??

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Narrator posted:

That's a Playstation thing that happens on other games. I know the NBA 2K games, for one, mute in shareplay to avoid sharing the licensed soundtrack.

I totally forgot about this

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I rented this from a redbox to play last night. boy it feels stiffer than the older gamer by a lot. I think the overall system is ok but jesus christ when you're on the ground it's like you can't even loving get up unless you use a reversal; you can just wail on someone loving forever. I had to put reversals as unlimited just to have more fun with things. it doesn't make things any easier because the reversal windows is absolutely moronic for certain moves now, like the moments to reverse in 2k13 made more loving sense than here.

the creation suite is nice and they improved the poo poo by 300% compared to the embarrassingly abhorrent number of options in the previous game. part of me wants to go into it but man, I just don't have the time anymore to sit for loving hours and create guys, especially when I can't use custom music on PS4 and it's tied to an especially stiff and slow fighting system. A lot of running attacks look loving dumb when they hit and the graphics system needs a huge overhaul. 2K needs to let go of last gen already because half the characters look like poo poo.

I mentioned the music editor before. It sucks and feels like a monkey tried to remake Audacity with sticks and stones.

Overall just from a day of playing it I would not buy this, and it's legit more fun to watch someone play this game than actually play it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Any idea on roster size and CAW roster size?

I read that the original roster will be 30 wrestlers. I imagine the CAW roster size will be in the hundreds

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only janky thing about Fire Pro are the controls for lining up characters for certain striking moves or running attack. You need to put actual effort into landing those hits but when they connect, they feel weighty and lethal. It's definitely the best arcade-style wrestling game series since the old AKI ones.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

no matter what these fuckheads say it's just "same poo poo different year" over and over. none of these games will ever be good. similarly to how MDickie;s games will never get better than for a laugh because he's too up his own rear end to improve literally anything that isn't HIS VISION (jumps off a building and blows up all my limbs)

I'm so glad there's a good wrestling game coming out today

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

poo poo I forgot to ask. Does this game have controller support? I have a 360 one

I can't imagine playing it with a keyboard, it has controller support for xbox/ps4 stuff.

I'm slam buying this poo poo at 9, infinite CAW slots plus eventual mp3 support for entrances will make this poo poo the best game since No Mercy/Fire Pro Returns

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

game is good. the timing for grapples is def a bit "later" than it was for Fire Pro Returns so I had to recalibrate how late to put my commands in. I played Returns recently and the input for that game def let you put your move in earlier.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

already there are two perfect AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura caws haha

the Rollins and Omega up are good too although the Omega probably needs a shave

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

You keep saying this stuff but fire pro is more fun to play than many wrestling games

the only other games I've liked playing just as much were No Mercy, and WWE '13 (the last one that had CM Punk/Goldberg in it and let you import music via USB)

I hope that Ocelot CAW is on Steam, I need that. It's mindblowing how many CAWs are up now and how high quality they are from appearance to logic/moveset.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

simosimo posted:

FPR was as soon as the wrestlers 'clicked' , now it seems to be when the grapple animation stops completely you should grapple. I thought the game was broken, but after doing the tutorial missions I am now ready to rumble again.

thought I was just crazy, glad to see it isn't just me. took a while to get used to the new window of attack here.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Jeez, after all the trouble I had with the ringout mission the battle royal was a piece of cake.

In addition to Frank "Trashman" Reynolds I've seen uploads for Charlie and Dennis.

I had the complete Birds of War + Frank go against the stars of New Japan. Kenny Omega was bladed bad by Frank and eventually it was just AJ Styles fending off all 4 of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-nMRrSaqNM

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't imagine MDickie's new game being any better than the ones a decade ago since he's a spergy stubborn gently caress incapable of letting anyone but himself do the work in the same godawful engine

he should re release one of his better games like Big Bumpz or Federation Online, which were dumb fun without all the broken bits

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

punchdaily posted:

Did he seriously save all of his textures as jpegs?

we're talking about a dev who once created a command for data overflow that crashes the game as the primary way for it to shut down

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

simosimo posted:

At least I suffer the games so you don't have to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_EICOHPK-s

is this the actual framerate of the game or is this 20fps due to youtube/capture compression

jred250 posted:

poo poo on 2k all you want but at least that game is loving playable

hahaha have you ever even bothered to watch anything from newlegacyinc, the 2k games are dogshit that gently caress up constantly.
and yes, if only 2k did literally everything better it would get a "pass" but right now it's a yearly game that will never get better

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

simosimo posted:

Actual. The game relies on the slower framerate as that's how the moves are animated. You can set the game speed to 500% to get more frames, but it's wrestling on crack (way to fast to be playable)

hahaha holy poo poo mdickie is bad

The Kins posted:

SUDA51 story

Suda51 is extremely good and I'm excited to see his No More Heroes Wrestler Game for Switch. I hope they let him do the ultimate homage and have an ending where Travis commits seppuku.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm really surprised and excited they mentioned Suda51, that's genuinely awesome. I'm glad the devs are so open about the game's production and about what they can and can't do in this engine. I'm also glad they know the biggest issue is the slow loading of wrestlers--I hope it's possible for them to remedy that because it truly is a frustrating thing that permeates through anything done in the menu. It's sad that people really wanted tables/ladders but I doubt either one would be simple to implement in an isometric 2D game. Either way, I'm grateful that such a tiny team has such a great dedication to the fans and that they've been able to get this far. I'm really looking forward to them supporting this for what I imagine will be years to come.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Seth Rollins on the cover surrounded by a metric fuckton of Cena poo poo lol

FirePro team confirmed via Twitter that custom mp3 support will be coming in mid-August.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lol switching Favorite/Finisher and Special/Signature gonna be real loving confusing for the next few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

not sure how the Steam "backup" feature works out but I assume if I utilize it for Fire Pro, it will save all the CAWs I have in that data? Always want to be sure to safeguard my poo poo.

Also, if I delete something in the game that I have in my Workshop, does the Workshop version stay put? I'm talking about deleting or saving over a character as opposed to "uninstalling" one of my CAWs.