Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

petewhitley posted:

Wow, that's even less impressive than I expected. I understand they had/have a lot of engine work to do, and resources are probably tight, but after the last couple of years it's quite a step down.

Yeah, but at least they confirmed Punk. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeahhhh... no animation, no buys.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Oh HELL yes. :stonk:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I don't know what I expected, but seeing all the recycled animations makes me a lot less excited about the game

Same, but I never had a problem with the animations. It's more like I know the fact they haven't updated them and it looks like a better version of the THQ games means my hopes and dreams of an entrance creator that doesn't ultimately suck just got dashed.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

The problem with classic characters like Warrior and Andre is they can't do that body scan thing, so I wonder if a lot of the famous names people loved being in the last few games have been cut like Flair.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Punchsport Pagoda Games Thread: WWE made a virtual card game, we're officially nerdier than World of Warcraft

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

What have I missed so far? I overslept

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Cesaro was slick as gently caress with that UFO answer.

He should do a podcast. :v:

Anyone got the entire roster written down? And if so, could you post it here in the thread?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Astro7x posted:

It's much easier to look at who they didn't reveal...

Let's remove anyone who debuted post-Wrestlemania, because it seems that Wrestlemania is the cutoff point. Also, if I'm right and if he gets added, it means Cody will be in the game as Cody Rhodes, not Stardust.

:smith:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Still holding out for NXT guys though. Maybe this year will have an NXT DLC?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

GenericMartini posted:

they know people will pay for Heath.

but not for the Network which is only 9.99 :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

The Narrator posted:

I hope that picture's out of context, because that's goddamn depressing

Dude they're all like that. When I met those wrestlers in Knoxville no one was talking to them. Hell, no one was talking to ANYONE there.

It was literally everyone wanted to meet some guy from Lord of the Rings and that was it. Unless you're a current WWE star or a major legend in the business from back in the day, no one gives a gently caress.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

There's really no other way of doing it. It's been CGI standard since the 90's (I remember when it was a new innovation for artificially populating stadiums). Every sports game does it. It's just that most sports games have much less static cameras and don't get nearly as close to the crowd.

Yeah but the devs said they're going to have different models wearing different clothes so if you see the same shirt twice it won't be the same dude and if you see the same dude twice they won't have the same shirt.

Obviously it either hasn't been implemented or the devs are full of the same poo poo THQ was.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

What is "Use of Tobacco" in the rating? Old school Sandman entrance? :v:

Isn't there an entrance with someone smoking a cigar? I'm almost certain that was a thing.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I don't necessarily mind them using the same entrance animations since once a guy has his entrance down, that's pretty much it. The animation itself doesn't look bad in the new version.

I will say, though, that I'm stoked Cena is in the ring during Orton's entrance. I didn't play 2K14 at all, but I'm pretty sure '13 still had the opponent either disappear completely or just stand outside of the ring during his opponent's entrance? I've always hated that.

You know I never even noticed that? That's a nice touch there. Yeah, them standing next to the announce table looked stupid as poo poo.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Last night I played WCW nWo Revenge on 64. Does anyone here like that game? I hated it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Well I hope we get it and I hope it's on par with everything on the consoles.

Then we bring on the mods. :getin:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Punk is removed, new campaign is the rivalry of Cena vs the WWE Universe.

:v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I was screwing around with 2k14 last night... anything new going on within the CAW community as of late?

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Jayou posted:

The "WWE2k15 Gameplay Trailer" is up on IGN...

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2014/09/22/wwe-2k15-first-official-gameplay-trailer

No hints of NXT in the gameplay trailer - So Im guessing a second trailer will be on the show tonight? Otherwise the Next Generation thing doesnt make a whole lot of sense. Though as always with WWE, I am prepare to be disappointed.

Okay admittedly I'm a bit hyped for this but it looks like everyone has already said... same game, new coat of paint.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Honestly that'd probably the way to go. My gaming these days is pretty casual. The legit only reason I'd even consider buying a next gen system is literally 2k15. I'm much more tempted to play my Atari than my Xbox at this point.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

A. Tell me this is loving real and not some bullshit photoshop, because if it is I'm going to buy you a present.

B. Renders are loving cool.

EDIT:

In case you were wondering, the final of that all NXT Rumble was CJ Parker, Adam Rose, and Sami Zayn. CJ Parker came in second.

Adam Rose won.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Sep 23, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Okay... honestly, if you guys were talking about that picture I posted of the all NXT Royal Rumble? Those were CAWs I downloaded with renders hacked in.

You can get those in the community downloads.

That's from 2k14.

Figured that was obvious.

Unless, ya know, half of goddamn TNA just signed a contract with WWE to be in 2k15:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

How? I've downloaded CAWs before, though in WWE 13 and not any of the 2K games, and have never had one come with a render like that. Is there an extra step I need to do in addition to downloading the CAW, or are they included with the download somehow? I'm totally clueless on that stuff.

Basic Chunnel posted:

People have hacked the 2k14 filesystem and inserted their own renders (this is also how people have hacked normally weak custom finishers into game-breaking destroyers). Certain community creators will offer them, and they automatically come with the CAW (the render disappears if you change from their default ring gear settings, iirc). But it's not something the game allows natively.

What he said. Generally just search for the person you want and then look at the picture that normally shows the render. If it looks weird, and not like one of the normal poses, it's a render. Be careful though... the more indie a guy is? The worse the render will be.

For example, one of my PWG guys has ARTIFACTING! Oh, I'm so pissed about that, it was the only caw for him too!

Yes I downloaded 20 PWG guys too. And up next? CZW.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

The best part about a fully moddable WWE game on next gen hardware will be the fact we can remove poo poo we don't like.

Like the commentators. It's not enough to just mute them, I want them GONE.

EDIT: unless I can throw a cinder block at Jerry's head.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 24, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

You know what I like about Summerslam the best? Divas in bikinis!

*repeat 5 times*

Which reminds me... I can totally mod out the entire Divas division too and use that slot for another belt! Bring back the Hardcore title!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

triplexpac posted:

I think people need to temper their expectations on what they'll be able to mod.

Dude this is a new world now. Someone WILL find a way. Fans made Just Cause 2 multiplayer and the game never came with a shred of programming to support it. Hell, people mod N64 wrestling games. poo poo, look at these renders in 2K14! They will find a way... if...

triplexpac posted:

Also I'm still not 100% convinced some intern didn't accidentally mock up the wrong box art for that WWE Network screen grab.

Yeah. I'm crossing my fingers but until it's official announcement it's not happening. I'm still wondering if that image is a Photoshop.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

It was on the Network, during the Network Summerslam 2k15 Roster Reveal Special.

Yeah... I know. Buuuuuut... no official word has dropped yet.

It could be a mistake.

When 2K Games says "It'll be on Steam in January" that is when I'll be on board.

I just realized how awesome VGCW will look when they can use the actual models in place of CAWs.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

I am going to replace every single commentator line with Joey Styles screaming OH MY GAAAHD.

Not just the same sound bite either. As many as I can find, including the OH DIOS MIO ones.

gently caress that. I'm going to replace all of the commentary with "I'm marking out bro! I'm seven years old again!"

Who the gently caress was that guy again? I forget. Some shithead.

Ruined one of the best Rumbles.

What a fucker.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Pleads posted:

Can someone familiar with WWE2k (14 I guess?) answer a question:

Is there a game mode where 2 people in one location on one console, can play with someone else somewhere else on a different console.

Basically I moved far away from some bros but we want to hit each other with folding chairs. They'd be on the same PS4 and I'd be on mine.

e: Oh, if 2k14 isn't on PS4 then I guess 2k15 has to have the feature. Can't find any info on game modes for 2k15.

I am no where near my console. Basically just have them go into network match and try to join with two players and see what happens.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Yeah, he was confirmed along with Neville Breeze and I think Ascension.

Don't remember.

So loving psyched for this game.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

My project is complete. I now have WWE with NXT, CZW, ROH, and PWG in my Universe Mode on 2k14. 100 CAWs, 99 of which are NXT and Indie wrestlers. The last is my new CAW. Woo hoo!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Snacksmaniac posted:

Just in time for 2k15!!!

I want to get 2K15 on PC. I'm going to wait until January for an official release date for the PC version and if it's not coming out on PC like they have hinted at? I'll buy a XB1 then. Until then I'll happily continue to play 2K14.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Just got to the Universe Drafts in my Six Promotions Universe set up, first draft for Monday Night Raw?

FIGHT STEEN FIGHT!!!

EDIT:
Also you gotta love how the Draft Matches A. use people from all of the shows at the same time and B. the Draft event doesn't use any of the people in the battle royale. Go Jay Lethal! Kick Roman Reigns, Tyler Breeze, and Mike Quackenbush's asses!

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 1, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Better not make a Jewish CAW!

From Chicago? :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I will be sad if Career mode isn't in PC, but... hey, we'll be able to mod in actual Titantrons and stuff easily enough, probably.

Stardust vs Cody Rhodes, anyone? :v:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Jonny Angel posted:

I'mma buy 2K15, play MyCareer, make a big loving hoss, and try to become the most popular wrestler in the world by having as many big loving hoss-offs as possible. What should my big loving hoss be named, and which big loving hoss should I target for my first big loving feud?

Fucktrain Jethro IN 3-D!!!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I downloaded Supercard.

I don't get it.

Guess I suck.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I think the last version I played was 2011, do they still have the feature where you can hold a button to turn a move into a pin, like German suplexes and powerbombs? I loved that, and I know they have a tendency to remove cool features.

I believe they still do, it's called a Pin Combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Bhester posted:

Making a desired but not essential character DLC seems like a smart marketing move to me. The people who want Paige will pay for her. Or will she be the free compatibility DLC?

Not essential multi time Divas champion.