Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

I started a Fire Promoter save recently and so far the most unstoppable monster I've encountered is Def Jam's Fat Joe. He just goes into every match and spams Pedigrees and Bear Hugs until his opponents backs are broken.

so he's a faithful recreation of his source material, good

i believe Fat Joe's name in Fight For New York is CRACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

Rumblethon #13: ECW Hardcore Revolution

Man, that's a finals where I'm happy with who won, even though the other guy really should have pulled it off.

now I haven't memorized the winners of every rumble in the rumblethon history but i feel like the winners of the ECW games are always disappointing because they all also appear in other WWE games

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

B O O M B O O M

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

I am new to nL stuff. Is there a reason they hate Edge so much?

edge is duel's favorite wrestler so everyone else in nl hates edge

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

namaste

denis leary

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Is there any game that can do an all woman rumble? I was wondering if we might see one if so.

they probably could have done it in Fire Pro with all of the STARDOM dlc but didn't this year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

THEN we have the 2k19/2k20 style career mode which felt more like a parody of a wrestling game than an actual career. They try SO HARD to be zany and funny and fail miserably, which to be fair is at least accurate to the real WWE product.

those story modes were a really good display of what the wwe thinks of their audience and the wrestlers who want to be in the wwe

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can, that dude will never win a rumble

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

2k20 was made by Visual Concepts, not Yuke's

Yuke's literly quit the franchise because they felt like having to pump out a yearly WWE game was ruining their reputation

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

ea's locking all normal creation suite stuff behind microtransactions will suck rear end

as opposed to 2k locking just 90% of it behind microtransactions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Psychepath posted:

A great sign for a game series that's had online desync making online matches worthless for a decade now.

can't wait to see online matches with this new combo/reversal system, it's gonna be a poo poo show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Oh God there's no way they have rollback netcode do they

lol

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Generico posted:

Does it have the timing based kickout minigame?

no it's mash out by default

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

What even is the showcase this year i haven't heard anything about it. Like when they had wrestlemania mode or attitude era mode it was like the first bullet point on the box and before this discussion i didn't even know 2k22 had one

Its a bunch of random Rey Mysterio matches with guys who they had in the games roster

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

who should be the fifth guy of my stable of riddle, rvd, and the rascalz? i was thinking Green Kane

the godfather

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think its extremely funny that their solution to the problem of playing CAWs online causing horrible load times due to everyone having to load the custom decal textures was to make it so the custom decal textures don't work online lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kennel posted:

Could be that the dlc-packs have unannounced characters that are revealed shortly before they're released (for extra visibility).

Wasn't there some other celebrities that were supposed to be in?

Machine Gun Kelly and Logan Paul are in one of the DLC packs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

The Streak has to be protected, brother

It wasnt even a Mania match, it was at the Royal Rumble lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's a weird choice. Hand done animation is way harder and takes a lot longer to do

it also looks way better than mocap 100% of the time

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Croc posted:

games coming to pc is the biggest news from all that.

that and the name being confirmed as AEW: Fight Forever

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

what was the mod

it autochecked your subscriptions to see if the caws you were subscribed to were missing any required custom parts from the workshop and automatically subscribed to them if they were

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the modpack interface might be one of the worst things ive ever seen on a computer, absolutely unusable

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there are so many mods i have installed on FPW that i have absolutely no idea how to use and have never used them as a result because the ui is so impenetrable and nothing is actually documented

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

Official site launched with some new images

https://aew.thqnordic.com/

the one at the very bottom is very interesting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dacap posted:

Exploding bat home run derby?

exploding kendo stick home run derby, from the looks of it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gavok posted:

Based on the footage and list of match types, it seems that the game only allows four wrestlers in the ring at one time. That's kind of a bummer.

thats No Mercy baby

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nobody actually "plays" fire pro

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Get a PS2 emulator going and play King of Coliseum II

you read a post that basically says "i don't get Fire Pro" and your response is "try Fire Pro But 3D and In Japanese"????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I dunno, the 3d nature makes it a lot easier for me to play than Fire Pro, as someone who bounced hard off of Fire Pro.

Is the Wrestle Kingdom game worth playing?

can you maybe recommend a game that was released in english at any point

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nothing runs well on a Switch

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

I actually really like the part where you have to taunt to bring out your special moves

thats the aki way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CarlCX posted:

As long as we're conjuring the memory of old bad CAW sharing I am, as always, using any excuse possible to post the best video game CAW theme song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22okVsQVXAM

Wow, Mr Goldthwaite!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mrenda posted:

I won my first match in Fire Pro, just doing the basics over and over. Didn't try anything fancy. Poo score in the end, but I won

I really need to get into a groove where I wrestle with one wrestler, even a CAW, and learn them back to front. There seems to be no career mode in the basic game though.

there are 3 Fighting Road scenarios in the DLCs, one that comes with the first NJPW collaboration DLC, one for the NJPW Juniors and an original story written by Suda 51 that's also a sequel to the story mode he wrote for Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is it C'MON BOUNCE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whenever i think of mdickie i still hear edwyn tiong's voice because of that chip and ironicus video

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Hell, same. Everyone should listen to this.

Assuming you mean this. I didn't actually know the name to the voice

https://chipandironicus.com/videos/testament/6.html

yeah that one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Create-a-Story was a victim of the jump between the Xbox 360/PS3 generation to the Xbox One/PS4 generation with the unspoken understanding it would get added back in eventually and then it just never came back lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Test

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

did anyone post this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyiOBPYt7aA

the animations look a little stiff and the models look like junk but ill take any decent wrestling game

the animations look less "inspired by" the Aki games and more "directly stolen from" the Aki games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Giant Gram: All Elite Wrestling