Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

Has a PC version of 2k15 been confirmed anywhere besides that one screenshot?

Last month a Korean ratings board rated a PC version, and that image was on the Network, so unless everybody hosed up, it exists. If it isn't out at the same time as the console release, it'll be out in 2015.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tato posted:

Hopefully just concentrating on next gen stuff will make 2k16 acceptable.

At least a few people thought this about 2K14.

A lot of people thought this about when WWE games came to the 360/PS3.

At some point you just have to accept that Yukes won't change, and that the modern WWE series peaked at SVR 06.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's probably happening, but not until 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's cool and good that Yukes have done the same poo poo for 7 years now and people still find an excuse to say "next year they'll make something good and worth $60"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Just wait and see, I'm sure 2K16 will be the real deal. I know we said that about the last 5 releases, but please understand

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The best thing in 2K15

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

This reminds me, you used to be able to hold down a button to not break a hold when the guy was in the ropes, and the ref would start to count you out. That was awesome, it was a fun way to get into the heel role.

So of course they took that out.

That was the best in no-DQ matches. You'd apply a sub and hold down the button while they're near or on the ropes, and 20 seconds later the sub would finally break.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oct.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

They aren't going to let you choose between Human Finn and Demon Finn, are they? Because that would be haaard.

@WWE2Kdev
@wwebalor blown away by seeing himself in video game form for the first time...and it's the DEMON!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Man you guys are so negative

After about a decade, it's kinda hard to be positive about anything Yukes works on and not come off looking like an idiot in the end

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I liked the HHH story mode (forget which game) where at one point he called his buddy Nash and complained about everyone beating him up in sneak attacks, and Nash basically said "what are you saying, you're the Game, you need some sense knocked into you if you're forgetting that, and in fact..."

and then the camera pans out to show Nash on the phone with him right behind him in his own locker room, "I think I'm the one that needs to knock it into you" and he spins him around and Jackknifes him

and 5 seconds later he gets up pissed that he apparently didn't notice Nash get into his locker room, call him, and engage in conversation with him 5 feet away from him at most

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I can't believe Jesus came back to do a WWE Yukes game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First screenshot from 2K16: https://instagram.com/p/5s7D-yFUav/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm pretty sure "This superstar" will be there.

Yeah, go back to playing SVR 06 for half an hour and you'll see how really generic 90% of the commentary was

Actually you should all go back to playing SVR 06 for longer than half an hour because it's genuinely great

I like GM Mode better than anything in the last 7 WWE games

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TheJoker138 posted:

If they were putting in a bunch of gag characters, that would be cool. But instead they're putting in a Terminator as cross promotion for a lovely movie that everyone has already forgotten about, instead of just putting in Arnold which would at least make some amount of sense.

It's playability as the Terminator from the first 2 (aka only good) films, so at least it's not all bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GVzmK4dyY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etJt0wljlLw

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm not sure, but he should have a manger named 'Paul Bear'

this is what has happened when WWF, AWA, NJPW, and AJPW have signed nearly every good American worker

You say this like it's bad, yet anything resulting in a champion being named Porkchop Cash clearly can't be bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2K16 will suck, and then for 2K17 they'll add a single CAW slot or something nobody cares about and the graphics will still look like poo poo and Skunk will say "good enough" and buy it

Repeat until either WWE's death or 2K's death

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, that was announced in the press release the day the trailer dropped

At least it's the good Terminators :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Newly confirmed for 2K16

quote:

Booker T
Colonel Mustafa
Emma
Eva Marie
General Adnan
Kalisto
Kane
Lord Steven Regal
Sin Cara
Summer Rae
Tamina
Triple H

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

3 years into my TEW scenario, AI-controlled WWF putting on a hell of a Wrestlemania 2000. Here's the top matches:

Main event
Jeff Jarrett beats The Rock to retain the WWF title

Taker and Animal go to a draw (RIP Streak lol)

HHH over Austin for the IC title

Might as well just quit now, that card's not getting topped

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Newly confirmed for 2K16:

Stang
Bray
Usos
Charlotte
Kevin Owens
Baron Corbin
Tyson Kidd (:rip:)
Cesaro
Shawn Michaels
Natalya
Stardust
Roman Reigns
Brock
Dolph
Taker
Miz
Sami Zayn
Enzo and Cass
Bret
Rock

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's the first card I've seen anyone post from that game that didn't have at least one D+ or higher match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Holy poo poo, they kept releasing the WWE games on Wii up until WWE 13? I thought they stopped after the first couple years and the motion controls were of course terrible. I feel like I need to own this.

It's like how the PS2 kept getting soccer games until...2010 or '11 I think?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

dear g-d

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Austin said 2K16 covers his career from start to finish

Rooting for Ringmaster

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A couple years from now when that's actually fully made Jervis better still be a playable character

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SHANE'S IN 2K16

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

No? It's all the guys they'd need to highlight important Steve Austin matches, plus the modern roster guys.

It's hard to not call Game With Terminator On Roster random, to be fair to him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012