Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Two quick qs about THE NEW FIRE PRO THAT I JUST SAW ON STEAM

- It says early access, is there anything to look out for besides (probably) wonky online?
- How big is the file size? Thinking of installing this on the laptop but it might not have enough space

I skimmed the last couple of pages but might have missed the answers to these, sorry

Artelier fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So is there a guideline/consensus to how many points people are using for their CAWs? I'm pretty sure we're not maxing them out right?

Asking because I'm tweaking my Wolf Hawkfield. He got Brock Lesnar in a competitive match and just barely lost to Daniel Bryan but got wrecked by Seth Rollins and AJ Styles who both probably have much higher stats.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

In FPW, is there a way to random select multiple times? Every time I press it again it doesn't actually randomise, just keeps the same selections

I like random battle royals..

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The biggest possible improvement to UI right now is multi select.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I knew exactly what track you meant when you said MVC2 clown music.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

DLC Inc posted:

Fire Pro update this week is cutting down on the in-game lag at the character selection screen :woop:

My work laptop loads it faster than my gaming desktop, it weirds me out. But yeay!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Testekill posted:

Some of the niche caws for Fire Pro on the workshop is really amusing. Who the gently caress would create Richard Slinger and who the gently caress would play as him?

I've got the Megazord saving the earth from the evil wrasslemans

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How does it end? Is there some way I could find a plot summary?

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

OctoberCountry posted:

Suda Fire Pro Summary

what.

....i wanna experience it someday.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Extreme Warfare Revenge (EWR) is free btw, and made by the TEW devs before TEW. Get it!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Genericide posted:

At first I thought it was dumb that I needed random Steam forum posts to help me figure out how to kick out of a pin. Now I realise that the ballache is half the charm.

wait is there a technique? i just mash...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I ended up with tanahashi after excursion even though my character is a cheaty gently caress who cheats all the time and i tried to pick as many arrogant dialogue options possible

seriously, no idea how they pick

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I rushed through the story mode of FPW as part of the Main Unit, and I can confirm a few things:

Length of game: About 60 chapters or so counting training, basically until Wrestle Kingdom 12

Post-game options: You can skip the initial training to be an NJPW wrestler and start in the main story in any of the factions: Main Unit, LIJ, Chaos, Suzuki-Gun. There's also an option to select how popular your wrestler is when you join, which I think determines what stories you get as the game goes on, probably.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

FullMetalJackoff posted:

In other news, all of you on the fence about Fire Pro Wrestling World, get it now and all* the DLC for 70% off!
https://store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

*Edit 1: Latest NJPW roster update pack doesn't appear to be on sale.
*Edit 2: Latest NJPW roster update pack is FREE, if bought with the discounted FPWW bundle!

thanks! been waiting for a discount on them and am happy for this

is fire promoter worth going through? i kinda just have WWE, NJPW, and OTHERS right now because i am lazy

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Astro7x posted:

Here's an odd question for the wrestling game thread... My 5 year old daughter has had an interest in fighting games, and we played WWF No Mercy on N64 the other day and she kind of got into it. Unfortunately, the game is really dated and she only wants to play as the girl wrestlers, and I only have the 1 N64 controller that works these days.

I was thinking of what other retro wrestling games we have that would be easy for her to get into, because it could be fun doing a tag team with her and beating the computer on easy. I am not a fan of the new WWE 2K games where you need to time the kick out, because even I get pinned instantly with that poo poo.

Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube seemed like a winner with graphics that are not horrible and at least 4 women that she can pick and mix in with the guys. And the controls seemed straight forward. I cannot remember if WrestleMania X8 was any better though, but it has a bigger Women's roster. But it's an older game I think.

I also have WWE 13 and WWE 2K16, but I can't remember which one of those doesn't have the pin kickout mini game which I hate.

I basically have a Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS3, and PS4 with enough controllers to play a game with her.

have you considered fire pro world ? lots of characters to download and kicking out is a button press but mashing is also allowed, same for submissions

if the timing of a grapple or strikes are tricky, can turn down the difficulty i believe

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Originally found in the Fighting Games Thread but very relevant here...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

That looks cool! Is that a real move? Because that looks like it would SUCK to take, being yanked by the jaw/neck like that.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This cracked me up hard!

I booted up Fire Pro and peeked into the Move Creator and I am incredibly intimidated though.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I wish there was an animation speed toggle. Just something like 0.5x, 1x, 1.5x. You could make striking finishers look like a character's speciality like that.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Never heard about Wrestling Empire or MDickie before but it looks like fun jank! Is there a recommended buy option for an MDickie game that's available on PC/Steam? I'm asking because Switch games have no regional pricing for me and Empire doesn't seem to be on PC (yet?).

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

IGgy IGsen posted:

I did a thing in Fire Pro. I'm showing it everywhere and you can't stop me.

That's rad.

Got links? I want itttt

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I got Wrestling Empire on PC and it's incredible.

I was playing Not Daniel Bryan, and was feuding with Not Austin Aries, and we were both in some 8 man cage match. Before the match, Not Austin Aries asked if I wanted to have a hair vs hair match, to which I responded yes. 15 minutes later, Not Daniel Bryan won the match, and all other 7 wrestlers had their heads shaved

Also I like the part where the referee confiscates the dynamite and tosses it out of the ring but we're all in the way and everyone dies

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

IGgy IGsen posted:

The uploader personally ensured me that their caw was the only way to get legit kenny omega titty with the genuine kenny nip experience.

Kennip Omega

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I've got vanilla PC Fire Pro with workshop stuff, is it difficult to get into modding? The main thing I'm looking for is if there's an auto-downloader for characters that need custom parts. Like let's say I download The Rock but it uses some special People's Elbow and Rock Bottom animation, and I can just hit a button and download everything needed one shot.

Never modded before so I'm not sure where to look for this kind of resource, if there is a place

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

forkboy84 posted:

This was the most I've ever enjoyed The Undertaker since I was a small child who didn't know Paul Bearer was a clever name.

gently caress

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Definitely still a work in progress but I do like that they're putting in hitstop - it's a little too much for my tastes, but it adds to the feeling of a move hitting

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hello, it's me I'm the person that likes* striking in FPW

* Using strikes to interrupt moves that other characters are doing. Yes I only play Battle Royales why do you ask

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I think I know the answer buuuuuut.....how's WWE 2k22? Assuming I'm into a fun story/season mode, and am very much into glitches and bugs of the fun variety, and prefer a relatively fast paced game. Pretty big discount on Steam atm.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Wrestling Empire's latest update made me soft chuckle

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Drakkel posted:

Honestly that's the first thing I've seen about Fight Forever that gives me pause. CAWs are huge part of wrestling games and they idea that they're gonna insist on making you go through story mode with Every Single CAW or they'll be completely useless in matches fuckin sucks. I hated that poo poo in Here Comes the Pain and of all the ideas to take inspiration from why THAT.

I kinda wish they had two stats. Like, "start from scratch Story Mode" stats and ideal stats. Iirc Fight Night Champion had something like that, where you could edit your character to be whatever stats they were in exhibition mode, but you gotta grind your way up in the campaign stats.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I see WWE 2k23 is on Humble Choice; is this worth picking up? I enjoy wrestling games with shenanigans (all hail Wrestling Empire) and also customising characters (all hair Fire Pro) but I'm not sure how well modern WWE stacks up. Haven't played since like...2k11 or 12 maybe.

Like if there's a fun enough campaign for a custom character, and the game feel is decent, it might be worth it for cheap for me. It's the only game out of the current Humble Choice that I'm interested in though since I've played the others I'm interested in already, so I guess what I'm really asking is "Is WWE 2k23 worth about 12 US$"

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

So I got WWE 2k23, fired up My GM mode, recruited Roman Reigns and...

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The new Shark Tank match type cracked me up right from the entrance

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

India Darling got a chuckle out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Thinking of picking up Old School, but got a couple of questions:
1 - Are there wackily deadly arenas/fights in the game (like the subway or a match that has half the mystery presents being explosives or something)
2 - Can you edit the characters?