Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Chinook posted:

I got a rare Ricky Steamboat, uncommon Ryback, and a bunch of commons. I saw Christian was one of my commons, and I was hoping that the game sort of ranked wrestlers overall, which would be funny and possibly offensive.

But you're saying Christian was top-tier for you, so I guess that's not likely. My common Christian was 'pre-show old man'-lookin' Christian, though, so maybe it's by era.

I solemnly swear not to spend a dime on this game.

It doesn't look like you really have to; you just are at the fate of when it wants to give you a rare (or above) card. Right now my team is Rare Jey Uso, Uncommon (Pro) Ultimate Warrior, Rare Steve Austin, Uncommon Bray Wyatt, and Common (Pro) AJ Lee, with a chair and Paul Heyman (+3 Power/Charisma). Warrior and either Uso or Wyatt make a team, and Austin's great in everything except Speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

I'd kill for a rare Eva Marie, so far I have noticed the most important card to have is probably your diva. I have an uncommon AJ and she just gets hosed and hosed by anything of a higher rarity if its been leveled up at all.

I've got an almost fully trained up, Pro'd AJ, and she's about as good (especially on Speed/Charisma) as a regular Uncommon diva of any kind. Still get stomped by Rare/SR Divas, though.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
I feel like I've pulled only Boost cards in the last 5 tableaus. At least I'm using the UC/Cs to level up my current team; Xavier and Austin are now Pro, Natalya's next, then it'll be working to get SR Vince and ADR up to max level.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
And in true WWE 13/nL fashion, it's glitched; a majority of wrestlers are somehow tiny, while a couple show up and are huge. So far we've had Tiny Nash and Tiny Big Show, but Giant Sin Cara and Giant Kharma.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Do signing bonuses actually do anything in TEW? I always set them to zero because I'm a greedy rear end in a top hat

They can help sway someone to sign for you; they can also be capped by your owner if you have one (or some owners are penny pinchers and don't allow them to begin with). I usually only use them when trying to sign away talent from a company.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

AlmightyPants posted:

I have a couple of new applicants to LLJK in Supercard - Chase and Thatguyclint

Please let me know that you're not randoms trying to take the few slots available. Thanks!

Hi, hello, yes! Reporting for duty!

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

Testekill posted:

Mistakes were made

Well obviously the answer here is "Plan Jimmy Hart's Funeral." Hopefully that feature is added in TEW 16.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

So I download Supercard again and the same day, a cute boy asks me "Is that Supercard?" on the subway. Now that's results!!

Is there any goon community left for it? I see there's some sort of Season 3 upcoming, that seems like it might kick up interest again

Not sure about a community, but I'm still playing. Just got saddled with a group as its leader, so...that's a thing.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
EDIT: Not sure why it took me back to the "new reply" page, but...double post.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

sk posted:

guess what I found in the wild this weekend?

http://i.imgur.com/DGJrkmn.jpg

e: that might break a table i dunno

The top and the table are anachronistic, which is interesting; the display is clearly 1992 WWF, with Hogan, Flair, Piper, and Sid, but also post-turn Michaels.

The table, on the other hand, from what I can see, features Lex Luger, Tatanka, and the Smoking Gunns, putting it...mid-late 1993?

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Requested to join as thatguyclint

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Just broke 43k (215%) and at 50k Mrs. Uno has promised to debut on the stream. It's now a group of 10 including Uno, Colt Cabana, and Dakota Kai all playing Fall Guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

EdsTeioh posted:

Right, those are the dedicated slots though; What I mean here is that the meter itself actually changes, so that probably unlocks a different set of moves, like how you got the Burning Hammer and such in VPW2.

EDIT: We may be saying the same thing here.

So in this case, the mechanic is almost the same as the Finisher/Super Finisher; you build up Spirit until it's flashing, taunt and you go into Signature mode. Wrestlers have up to 5 Signatures in their move set; once you hit one while in that mode, then taunt again, then you're into Finisher mode, and have up to 5 Finishers that you can choose from.

Differences:
1. You can't get Signature and taunt straight into Finisher like you could in VPW2
2. You're not limited to one use of Finisher like you were Super Special in VPW2