Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Why does John Cena look so angry in every screenshot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Daniel Bryan posted:

Gameplay video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwvVRqMIrWs

It's a better looking 2K14.

First thing I noticed was how when Orton threw Cesaro out of the ring, there's two identical ladies wearing the same sweatshirt in the front row.

So much for that feature.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Didn't a goon steal his original banner?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

pressedbunny posted:

All DLC being included for free is a good—but also entirely necessary—move. That and the modding potential do rather redeem the game. Only problem is you know that by the time the mods get good, 2k16 will be on the horizon.

I was really surprised to hear that but I'm guessing they're going to make that up by having the launch price at $60

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

quote:

But Paige, who was offered exclusively as part of the WWE 2K15 season pass on consoles, will not be available at all on PC, said Marcus Stephenson of the WWE Games team on Twitter. As for the possibility of adding Paige to the PC version later, Stephenson said, "I can't speak on future support at this time because I don't know."

Is this a royalties thing?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
WWE 2k15 is half off in the Steam sale today.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm guessing Tyson since the game centers around Stone Cold.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

KungFu Grip posted:

I wouldn't call that a MAJOR announcement because he was in WWE' 13

Ha, I had no idea he was in WWE 13. Last Smackdown game I played was 08

Let me revise that to Bob Barker.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

flashy_mcflash posted:

While I appreciate the inclusion of 'It's Tricky' I've gotta ask...uh...why?

Steve Austin breakdancing cutscene

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Shima Honnou posted:

If nothing else it hopefully means we'll be getting Jake for this one built into the game. Unless they plan to gloss over the whole 3:16 thing.

They'll just plug in Stevie Richards.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

literally fire everyone at yukes

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Astro7x posted:

The roster reveal has been so messed up I can't even follow it anymore. Like... Is there anywhere that a sensical list of all combined announcements live that's sorted in a way that makes sense? I'll just wait until the game comes out and look at a list of who is NOT in the game.

I'm surprised how long it took me on Google to find one.

http://www.thesmackdownhotel.com/wwe2k16/roster/

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 9, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm surprised there's no Klassic Kane.

GenericMartini posted:

If there is an old dudes pack it's probably gonna have the Dudleyz. Also a long shot of Owen Hart considering there's that new Owen dvd WWE is making.

That's without his widow's consent so there's no chance of Owen's likeness getting licensed out for a video game.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 14, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Nut Bunnies posted:

I don't know who that's supposed to be, but it is not Mikey Whipwreck.

Please tell me they actually modeled him off of the first result on Google Images.

:effort:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Basic Chunnel posted:

They can't make George Clooney sound like he gives a poo poo when he voices kids movies and they pay him millions of dollars. VA is a skill that most people don't naturally take to.

I'm kinda surprised they don't record that type of audio on site before the show. They could even let in a small number of fans for the sing-a-long part.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lady Naga posted:

Hurr durr.

WWE 2K15 (2014) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGaCUWXIFCc

TNA Impact (2008) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOE_wdMdEYU

hurr durr indeed

(for maximum laughs WWE 2K13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuxBnXG1RYk)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Buckle up for WWE 2K17: Total Divas Revolution Edition featuring The Bella Twins on the cover.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's the long con. Get people outraged this year from their exclusion (but not outraged enough to not buy the game), put divas in a more prominent role next year, release a special edition with a diva on the cover so they get all that sweet press for being so progressive and :homebrew:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I can't imagine Yukes adding the strap match.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is there an English save for Fire Pro Wrestling D? I got a version that has English menus but the roster is still in Japanese.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Yukes really needs to dump showcase mode and put all that effort into animating new moves by hand, making the gameplay fun again and ripping off the better parts of Raw 2's career mode (like dropping boxes on enemies and tricking Crash Holly into beating up the Undertaker)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
"Ridiculously Good-Looking" EA Sports UFC 2 Revealed With Ronda Rousey, New Physics System

*scroll down*

*close browser window*

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dishwasher posted:

Everything I'm hearing from FPArena and some of the more trustworthy members of the community say its a legit edition with the 2D sprites. :flashfap:

Spike needs to port that poo poo to the PC and watch it rain. :homebrew:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
It's kinda blasphemous to say but I think WWE Raw 2 is a better game than Smackdown: HCTP. I finally played Smackdown and, while it's fun, it suffers from No Mercy syndrome where it keeps forcing you into tag/handicap/4-ways during career mode which kills any fun. The thing I loved about Raw 2 was how you could create your own scenarios. It would get old after awhile but dominating the roster while manipulating everything was great for a couple of hours.

Also it's weird how they shared music.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

With respect, you are completely and utterly wrong, as Raw 2 is mostly poo poo, but it does have a couple of things (like attacking people during their entrances) that somehow wouldn't reappear in wrestling games for 12 years. The thing is that the gameplay in Raw 2 is totally awful and the season mode is endless tedium. You can win the Royal Rumble by throwing everyone into a corner and giving them a clothesline, automatically dumping them out. That's how low-effort it is.

HCTP probably has the least 2v1/3v1 poo poo of any Smackdown game outside of the very recent ones. Hell, there's at least one storyline where you can become a corporate heel who delivers these beatdowns. It has a large number of trigger-based storylines with branching paths that dynamically use other characters based on their overness and face/heel alignment. It doesn't measure success as "you won the gold at Mania and are now John Cena's friend," it actually lets you choose what you are trying to accomplish and has a simple system for turning face and heel. No game since has done all this in a single package. We're starting to get closer now that the games have abandoned the lovely voice-acting-based storymodes in favor of an open approach again, but it's still clunkier and less fun than this PS2 game. It's been mentioned before, but no good wrestling games came out on the original X-Box.

I never really had a problem with Raw 2 but I think the issues started to crop up when you raised the difficulty above medium.

There was some cool stuff in the game. Beyond dropping boxes on people, which was awesome, it had...custom music in entrances, deep control over your pyro, the ability to run in circles, light back grapples (which was probably the weirdest omission about HCTP), more than 3 matches per card in career mode, a clear menu showing your stats/alignment/friends/enemies, the ability to choose what you wanted to do during a specific match on the card, the ability to select who you wanted to feud with through manipulation. I think it had a stamina system so having a bunch of matches without resting in between would cause issues. Unlike HCTP's weird thing where it would book you in a handicap match, a four way TLC and a backstage brawl all on the same show, which would give you like -8 if you lost everything. I also think it had the ability to skip a match your character was booked in. Which is all I wanted to do with the tag matches/4 ways/handicap matches I kept getting booked in with HTCP.

I didn't notice the trigger-based storylines. I started as Scott Steiner. Was approached by JR backstage telling me he was in his hometown. I didn't blow him off. And all of the sudden I was face Scott Steiner in a storyline against Bischoff for weeks. Good idea in theory but I wasn't having much fun trying to play it. Same with challenging a champion and seeing them have one or two finishers already stored. Or asking the GM for a title shot instead of getting into a feud with the champion.

Granted, I haven't played Raw 2 in over 10 years but still...I think a Raw 3 could have been one of the greats with one more pass of polish. The jump between Raw 1 and Raw 2 was insane.

(And Royal Rumble sucks anyways so anything that allows me to cheese it is cool in my book)

- edit I forgot the biggest feature that no wrestling game has done since. The ability to let friends drop in and out of your season mode. I think four local people could be playing season mode at one time.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Dec 18, 2015

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

CarlCX posted:

For those of us stubborn assholes waiting on 2k16's PC port, it was finally officially announced last night and will be out March 11 with all the DLC packed in. I am ashamed to admit I will buy it immediately.

$45

http://store.steampowered.com/app/385730?snr=1_41_4__42

I'm really tempted.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

projecthalaxy posted:

Probably pretty low, I'm afraid. EA Sports's signature titles don't tend to come to PC for some reason, FIFA excepted.

It was pretty funny when they tried to release a brand new browser golf game with monthly fees and microtransactions instead of porting the console version.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Dishwasher posted:

Everybody is fighting with 2k16, when they should really be playing the No Mercy mod Showdown 64 as their current wrestling game. Bonus points for being able to run it at a brisk 60 fps on PCs, eliminating my main beef with that game. Look at this monster! The forum that hosts it, Old Skool Reunion, is pretty chill too and has lots of other projects like porting a bunch of WM2000 and Revenge dudes to VPW2 and a New Generation mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eSr-jKZZ98

It's ridiculous how much better the AKI system still is than our current alternatives. Has anyone tried playing it online?

Is there a safe place to get pj64? Their site is blocked by Chrome and I heard certain versions have adware.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Regrettable posted:

WWE 2K16 is $14.99 in the Steam summer sale. It seems like it's optimized a lot better than 2k15 was.

Amazon also price matched it.

https://www.amazon.com/WWE-2K16-Onl...827217e79eb9929

For somebody that owns it, can you swap out wrestlers' entrance music with your own? Because Big Boss Man not having Hard Time is a deal breaker.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

remusclaw posted:

If I want to play wrestling games with friends, I would probably drag out my old N64 and play some AKI games. Nothing has even come close in the years since that is anywhere near as fun to play.

Def Jam Fight For NY (which is also by AKI)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

beggar posted:

I keep seeing these suplex city promos for wwe 2k17 and I want Suplex City as a game mode, to be a beat em up where you are Mike HaggarBrock Lesnar, Mayor of Metro Suplex City just running through people. Like if Yukes tried to do Tekken Force on their duct taped behemoth of an engine (doesnt it still have code from Just Bring It!?)

I'm surprised somebody hasn't reskinned Max in Streets Of Rage 2 to be Lesnar.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Basic Chunnel posted:

How long ago was Hogan thrown out of the company? One wonders if a MNW showcase was planned before his blacklisting made that essentially impossible. Not that I mind, hopefully if their budget wasn't cut those resources could go to more fun aspects of the game.

I wonder if it's because they couldn't secure Kurt Angle or Rey Mysterio. Can't make a Lesnar mode without those two.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Davros1 posted:

How can 2k gently caress out the game this year? How about not being able to place a ladder anywhere you want? Or losing a multi-man match because the game forces you to be outside the ring?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/15/wwe-2k17-the-6-biggest-changes-so-far

I honestly thought you were joking.

quote:

In WWE 2K17, the ladder can only be set up in five specific locations: in front of each set of ropes, and in the center of the ring. Just get close to one, press the right button, and it gets set up properly every time. No more setting it up and climbing to the top, only to find you were an inch too far to the left.

(...)

When a member of a mutli-person match takes a big burst of damage, they will be forced to roll out to ringside, where they’ll rest for a while. Depending on how badly hurt they are, they’ll be stuck there until they’ve at least partially recovered. At that point, you have a choice: do I run back in or do I rest until I’m fully recovered? Coming in early might be the choice if a pinfall is about to be scored, or if you see a perfect opportunity, but coming in fully rested gives you a temporary buff to run wild with.

:laugh:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I like how Bubba Ray looks nearly photorealistic while Emma looks like a 2008 CAW

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 16, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

GenericMartini posted:

i mean jumping off a helicoptor is fun and it still felt like a wrestling game? I don't know what's wrong with having a little bit of fun variety in these games especially fun little easter eggs like that.

Excuse me, dork. We don't want a Fire Pro or NJPW game in WWE drag or that one In Your House game where Undertaker shot gravestones at people. We want a WWE game in the most unfun realistic way possible. I want mo-cap animations. I want 50-50 booking. I want stamina management. I want limitations on CAWs. And most of all, I want a perfect representation of what I watch 8 hours a week. There's no room for silliness.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

remusclaw posted:

Anecdotally, The Pro Wrestling X people tried to do that, quoted what they were willing to pay, and got pretty much laughed out of the building.

I wonder what the price is. You'd think somebody would pay it, release a pc version and roll around in all the cash. The fan base behind No Mercy is still pretty rabid.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Little Mac posted:

Why would anyone want a new game in the AKI engine? Those games REALLY don't hold up today.

If they got a generic No Mercy up to PS2 quality graphics, added an arena maker, a career maker in the vein of No Mercy (text bubbles with a certain character animation in a certain location), enabled p2p sharing for career modes/arenas/caws and had a single animator pumping out DLC movesets....that'd be perfect.

Fire Pro basically being the same game from the SNES era doesn't stop it from having a bunch of fans. No Mercy/AKI engine isn't much different.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 3, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

"gameplay" trailer *mostly entrances and taunts cut up*

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Blast Fantasto posted:

Lmao at Godfather AND Papa Shango

No Kama: The Supreme Fighting Machine? Booooo 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

joylessdivision posted:

https://youtu.be/vs7hQtVcLM4

It doesn't look great. It's an interesting idea though.

Please tell me you can skip all that text of the wrestler giving his lengthened response. It's bad enough they have a cacophony of crowd noise as a soundtrack during that.