Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afro Doug

Bo-Pepper posted:

How would you go about making a proper Asian broth. I mean I know how to make broth but Asian soups and ramen in particular have a quality I wouldn't know offhand how to replicate.

bonito flakes or seaweed, i believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro Doug

The best place that I have ever eaten is the time when as a young man i visited the Mohonk Mountain House with my family. I don't remember exactly what it is that I ate, but it made a long lasting impression.

Afro Doug

i love to read about good things to eat.

Afro Doug

there's not a lot of preparation beyond opening the can, but i've been eating the hell out of these lately

Afro Doug

dogcrash truther posted:

be careful if you eat dry rice. it swells up in youre stomach

wow good to know that theb yob mod is a loving pigeon.

Afro Doug

there are a number of microbes in the soil. dirt is delicious.

Afro Doug

how do you guys make coffee?

Afro Doug

alnilam posted:

I roast my own its really fun

no kidding. how do you do it?

Afro Doug

also a blade grinder is not okay in any circumstance, ESPECIALLY for espresso. how dare you

Afro Doug

from what i've heard is that with coffee you need to be very gentle. so a burr shaves off uniform slices of the bean, whereas a blade grinder brutishly pulverizes the coffee. side by side there's absolutely no question which is better. the only reason someone would use a blade grinder is if they wanted to make a drink with caffeine in it and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro Doug

joke_explainer posted:

at this place:

It was pretty good.

hmmm... i'm surprised the food didn't get wet