Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Chu-Chu rocket.

i wish sega would remake that game or put it on psn or steam or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

drat, I was gonna guess Mega Man 3, but hell I guess that one's not bad either. Cheers OP.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

its on iOS brother put that poo poo on your iphone or ipad

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Wormskull posted:

drat, I was gonna guess Mega Man 3, but hell I guess that one's not bad either. Cheers OP.

huh, what a coincidence. I was gonna guess Mega Man 2 because dun dun to do dun dun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQv90TfXrI&t=44s

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i played that at a goon friend's apartment and it's pretty fun

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

"Fun" is not an objective measure of quality.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

chaosbreather posted:

It better be in Android now, or at least soon.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

hrm yes, this game does sufficiently stimulate my norepinephrine and/or dopamine receptors, quite an astute observation, original poster of the thread.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

chaosbreather posted:

this rules

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Chu chu rocket was pretty tight. good port on gba too. get it

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln
I was shocked when I played it and it lived up to its commercial. Great game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga62uiXbEjI

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

This.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
see I was thinking the answer would be M1 Tank Platoon

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Thyis

Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
i will die before running out of puzzles in the gba game

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Didn't read the Thread, but no, I don't

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

Zelder posted:

Chu-Chu rocket.

i wish sega would remake that game or put it on psn or steam or something
only if it had online for multi

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

what is the origin of this pretty please?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Scyther posted:

"Fun" is not an objective measure of quality.

fun is a measure of game quality used by the uneducated masses. immersion and story-telling are where it's at

americong
May 29, 2013

my guess was Ninja Five-O op

Dec 26, 2012

program666 posted:

what is the origin of this pretty please?

some guy in games iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I only found this http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549771&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=542#post432207839
but it's probably not the original since it seems out of context, but maybe I just didn't read that other thread enough.

• Locked thread