Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
And VI/Hotcop RAC takes your lunch money and your ability to shoot missiles.

I already loved Gunner/Hotcop/whatever RAC, making GBS threads all over deadeye is just a bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

I’d argue that parattani is more about Latts and mindlink than green turns.

Mindlink was a dead card until Scum got green turns in both directions on ships.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I’m the flair on an F-35.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did someone bring 300 points of Crack Shot Black Squad and Harpoon Missiles to a tourney recently?

It’s to prevent 12 TLT Y-Wings.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

That TIE Bomber-ish looking command TIE or whatever is most certainly going to make it into X-Wang as well.

Two-seater training tie. May equip flight instructor without paying its points cost.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Krennic is gonna bring RAC + Soontir back, baby.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

I can't believe the TIE Reaper, a ship that has less screentime than the Quadjumper, that was unnamed until it was added to a mobile game, is getting an expansion.

It actually has screentime tho

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

LanceKing2200 posted:

More likely it's just rendered wrong, because the U wing base has one of the X wing pilots' info :ffg:

It looks like the other unique crew is the same guy as one of the U-Wing pilots so maybe he’s just multi-talented. I dunno.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

What does krennic do?

Plops a condition on a friendly Empire (not First Order ship) with three or fewer shields, that ship gets an additional shield, and once per round, when attacking, can spend an attack die to remove a shield token from the defender. Condition may or may not have more text after that, who knows.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Next wave looks great. I always wanted an U-wing so this is perfect.

Must be pretty lovely for the people that already have one though, kinda like the HotR set.

I think the partisan paintjob looks pretty bad so if the U-Wing becomes viable somehow I'm just gonna use the OG Blue Squadron paintjob one.

Also, Saw seems really cool on a Lothal Rebel with FCS and Hera crew.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

uncle blog posted:

There are often store tournaments in a local game shop here. Every time the entire ordeal is arranged by the players, and all mats and stuff are also brought by the players. There is usually a 10 bucks entry fee, and the top three players get gift cards for the store, and usually a FFG kit is divided among the players. The store charges us about 20 bucks for a kit, which is taken from the entry fee, and the rest is divided into the gift cards. My question is: is it normal for a store to charge for these kits? In the last city I lived in, the store would always provide these free of charge.

The kits are about 20 bucks each from FFG so the store wanting to make that money back isn't terribly unreasonable IMO.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

hoiyes posted:

Revenge Chewie.

YT-1300: •Chewbacca (HotR) (51)
•Millennium Falcon (1)
Predator (3)
•Rey (2)
•C-3PO (3)
Z-95 Headhunter: Tala Squadron Pilot (17)
Guidance Chips (0)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Z-95 Headhunter: Tala Squadron Pilot (17)
Guidance Chips (0)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Z-95 Headhunter: Tala Squadron Pilot (14)
Guidance Chips (0)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)

Fun list, try to to bank as many focus on Rey at start of game, then jam Chewie in their face and swoop the Zs in behind. Chewies attacks are potent, especially when he's attacking multiple times. There's a number of variations of the list. You could put Prockets/cruise on all of them, use swap out a tala for the PS1 sheathipede and M9G8 droid and put Expertise on Chewie. I think this one is a good start for semicasual. Chewie's multiple attacks just wreck.

Total: 100/100

A few pages back, but what's the rationale for using Talas with 2 Harpoons and a Thread Tracer over using Bandits with 3 Harpoons? Shooting before the Lothal Rebel? Slightly better modification on your harpoons?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Forgot about the Assault Gunboat issue, on account of barely playing the game since they came out. Cheers!

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Season One league kits announced, will they arrive before Season Two kits???

Quickdraw is rad as heck, but has anyone actually used the Shadowport Hunter ever? FFG keeping with tradition of printing alt arts for cards nobody uses, at least.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

enigmahfc posted:

The QD alt art looks like she is holding pistols that are shooting Twizzlers.

Delicious.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I’m gonna bomb out of system open at adepticon and go harass the guys at the legion booth til they give me an alt art standing orders card to go away. It’ll be great. Gray zip up hoodie and a ‘99 Milwaukee Brewers cap if you wanna be goony about it and ask if I have stairs in my house or whatever.

E: I forgot the hat

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Mar 23, 2018

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I killed two ships with a single Harpooned! Condition. They were my own ships.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Funzo posted:

I got housed by Dengar in the first round, and lost to Brobots in the second. I am not very good at this game.

Blast from the past right here.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Hahaha what a poo poo show the adepticon final was. Both had Miranda, Low, Ezra. Ended up as Miranda vs Miranda in endgame with noone making progress for like 40min, they wanted to just final salvo but the ffg OP people said no so they both left the table and went to talk on stream for a while then came back and played loopin chewy on stream after flying their ships out of the way.

Finally final Salvoed at time.

As far as I could tell every single list that made the cut to the second day was some combination of Fenn, Miranda, Wookie, Lothal, and Nym. Great meta, this.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Their lack of a common lexicon for timing is easily the worst thing about this game, design-wise. Like 3/4ths of the FAQ exists because they used slightly different words for the same thing, words that ultimately don't mean the same thing, meaning in the end, those things that should be the same are not.

It's really amazing that they're too cheap even at this point to hire contract out to a single technical writer to proofread all their rules documents and put together a style guide of sorts for future rules writing.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Foolster41 posted:

Because what the empire needs is another shuttle. :smug:

Where’s my delta class shuttle FFG

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Is that thing real? Palpatine is misspelled, and they don't capitalize U-Wing and TIE Reaper consistently through the article.

We all know FFG doesn't ever make mistakes in their articles

The striking red and white paint scheme returned too.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

lofi posted:

:tinfoil: time. I really hope it's a 2.0 announcement. It won't be, but I can hope.

It's gonna be all Legion products and Destiny spoilers and maybe a new card spoiled for the TIE Reaper or something.

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 13, 2018

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

canyoneer posted:

Probably this.
That or a reprint of the games lost with the Games Workshop license.
Fury of Darth Vader
Forbidden Star Wars
Chaos in the Old Republic

We'd be stuck getting those games in the Twilight Imperium/Rune Wars universes, which would kinda suck imo.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Fenn Rau stomping on an Imperial and a Scum face forever.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Cobbsprite posted:

Ugh, what are the changes that made it illegal? Did they reduce the number of identical large-base ships from 6 to 4? Could replace two of the Resistance Bombers with Lothal Rebels, and it'll still fit.

"Each player must build one squad to use in an event. A squad cannot exceed 300 points, though it may contain fewer than 300 points. In addition, a player must include a number of huge ships worth between 2–5 epic points in their squad. These huge ships count toward the 300-point total of their squad. A player cannot include more than eight small ships of a single type and four large ships of a single type. For example, if a player includes “Backstabber”, “Howlrunner”, and 6 Academy Pilots, they cannot include any more TIEfighters. However, they may include up to eight TIE/fo fighters as well. A player cannot include more than four copies of any secondary weapon or Elite Pilot Talent upgrade with the same name."

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Honestly, three revived my flagging x-wing spirits and got me playing again.

I just started playing Armada :v:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

We ain’t getting xwing 2.0. FFG ain’t gonna print a cardboard only expansion.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/4/24/save-the-rebellion/

Instead, xwings.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

God dammnit FFG, four servomotors but only three renegade refits.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Raged posted:

I really like that T-65s are getting a fix. but does anyone else think maybe that these are going to be OP as hell?

In a corner somewhere a Tie swarm player and a Interceptor player are holding each other. Both are crying.

Given that Rebels already have Lohrick and Fenn Rau I think it’s just gonna exacerbate the current meta, except maybe there will be a T65 or two instead of just Nym and Miranda or whatever now.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

The crappy part is needing to buy five total Y-Wings for your R2 astromechs with your 5 Rookie Pilots :v:

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I mean, the opportunity cost of S-Foils is nothing, so they can't be garbage, but it's definitely refit that shines brighter in my eyes. But even then, if you equip refit on attack position, you're getting barrel roll added to your action bar and post dial option to turn 3-turns to 3-tallon rolls and that's certainly a buff, even ignoring being able to flip it for 2 bank greens and boost to the action bar (although 2 dice primary is terribad). X-Wing only lists aren't gonna win system opens, but to say that S-Foils is garbage is pretty laughable, but they're not overwhelmingly good like x7 Defender was.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

thespaceinvader posted:

You mean 5 saws renegades for FAAs, right?

I mean, it's two Saw's Renegades and three Sheathipedes which almost seems reasonable to my broken brain that's inevitably gonna have two copies of Saw's Renegades and already has a Sheathipede...

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I’m not paying $290 plus dollars so i can use the stuff I’ve already purchased.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Funzo posted:

How are they handling upgrade cards? Are there new versions of cards in the upgrade boxes? Is it all in the app?

They couldn’t sell you 1+ fifty dollar box per faction if the cards were all useable in the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

JerikTelorian posted:

I noticed the Epic ships aren't included. Are they abandoning them going forward? They never really fit with tournament gameplay, and I know people complained about the difficulty of including them in games. On the other hand, they own.

I’m sure they’ll find a way to charge us $50 to play them again.

• Locked thread