Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Yeah destinys been dead for a while. Can't even give that stuff away.

If anyone in the UK wants to give up their destiny stuff enough please let me know, I really like the play format but only discovered it this year having swerved it when it was live due to not liking the booster model, and my kids not being old enough to game then.

I figure I have at least 5 years of ffg content at my pace, and finding out that there is a strong continuity project (ARH) is pretty cool. And a guy on YouTube has released a coop format called encounters which looks nice.

I took one look at unlimited and it seems like they have respun a lot of MTG and hearthstone concepts, put a star wars skin on it and then run everything through a horrible Photoshop filter. Destiny is attractive to me because it the dice feel more unique, and kids love rolling dice.

I have picked up two collections and a neat storage solution for destiny for the cost of buying a core and a few boosters of unlimited.

I think that there is only so much game space you can realistically explore before a game gets stale for the early adopters, or the game becomes too complex or overpowered for new entrants. That is fine, unless you are a company that makes games I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

ShowTime posted:

They've apparently spent more on marketing for this game than any other FFG game, including X-Wing. That tells you how commited they are to this game and how long it could potentially be around.

ruh oh