Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I had looked at Colonist, but none of the specializations really applied. Which seems like an oversight, not having anything under Colonist that would make a good pioneer type, but whatever.

On the other hand, a fresh look at Bounty Hunter/Survivalist shows a lot of the skills and talents I'm looking for - emphasis on tracking and wilderness suvival, but I can make that work. So yeah, that plus FS Exile may be closest to what I'm looking for, going into Pathfinder and maybe a saber form (Shien? Depends on what my best characteristic winds up, probably) later once I get a saber.

As an aside, does anybody know why Soresu Defender uses Intellect for Lightsaber, when nothing else about the career is in any way Intellect-based? Seems like it'd be more appropriate for it to use Willpower, and make Niman Disciple use Intellect since Consular stuff is much more reliant on that. Every other lightsaber form specialization besides those two is well-matched to their skill use.

Double check the colonist sourcebook if you only looked at the core eote book just in case one of those fits better. Not saying one will since I can't remember what's in that book but there might be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
How's the quest in the Force and Destiny Beginner game? My friends and I have been out of the game since Age of Rebellion hit (despite me buying every release because I have ~problems~) but Force Awakens makes me want to do a fun easy one session thing. The EotE beginner quest was fun, how is this one?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Anyone recruiting for a Rebellion themed game right now? Rogue One definitely got me in the mood for this game again. PBP is better for my schedule but I could probably try to make it work if I had to use hangouts or discord or whatever people use these days.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is Onslaught on Arda I any good?

The concept is really interesting to me but I've never played or run it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is the YV-666 cool??

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Finster Dexter posted:

I don't think the FnD intro is anything like the others. I also don't think a lot of the FnD published adventures would make sense with Edge and AoR characters. They are typically built around all-Jedi parties, IIRC. You could probably shoe-horn in whatever you want, but not sure what the end result will be like.

If you want to run edge, just run that. You could do the continuation of the intro that is on ffg's site. Or you could do the GM screen adventure. Some of the splatbooks and stuff like Lords of Nal Hutta have modular encounters that are interesting.

He said Force Awakens, not Force and Destiny.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

esquilax posted:

2. Any good methods for keeping track of initiative? It seems like it would take a ton of ink and be easy to make mistakes. Considering using cards to tap/untap every round to keep track of which PCs and NPCs have gone.

On the FFG Forums they tend to have threads full of links to random resources and sheets. Way back when Edge came out I found an initiative tracker sheet that was meant to be printed and laminated and then you draw on it with dry erase markers. It worked pretty well for me when I used to have an in person group.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

PST posted:

36 supplements, plus core books and extras would make for what, a $1200+ collection for completionists. And be about the same as WotC released over 3 editions and 10 years.

On the one hand I hope they don't stop putting out books for it, on the other I've got (nearly) every book so far, so there comes a 'what else do I need' point.

Bro, please don't tell me how much I've spent on this game that I haven't played in years but still religiously buy every supplement. It's cruel...

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
e: double post

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Covok posted:

Solo was actually pretty good. Worth watching. I don't get the hate for it.

Solo was a miscasted mess. My biggest problem was the movie didn’t give a poo poo about half it’s characters and if the movie doesn’t care about them, why should I? Seriously, it introduced and killed like 5 characters in the first half and then just ignored that they ever existed.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Batmans dad posted:

So, I have some potentially woefully stupid questions, but here goes.

I've recently started DMing EOTE for two friends. We just started playing the beginner's game, and continued onto the first act of The Long Arm of the Hutt, which was hella fun. However, I kinda' just want to do my own thing now, and come up with my own adventure that plays more into my friends' characters' background.

My question is, does Teemo chasing their rear end count as the players' obligation? Even when I start deviating from the pre-made adventure? The players created their own characters, instead of picking the premades from the beginner's box, so they also came up with different obligations for these characters. I'm not sure if that was a smart thing to do. So do these personal obligations add to them also being chased by Teemo? Should I do a hard reset on the story, so I can do my own thing? Should we just finish Long Arm of the Hutt and then go on from there? If so, does defeating Teemo then 'clear' that obligation?

I'm still super confused about how obligations work gameplay-wise (strain penalties, preventing players from spending exp, etc.), but I'm sure I still need to read up on the rules in that regard.

Honestly do whatever you want to do. If you guys are having fun with Long Arm of the Hutt, keep going, I know my group enjoyed it all the way through. If you're not, just drop it. Handwave it or put it on hold, whichever works best for you. You can always have Teemo come back to haunt them in a way that you want him to instead of following the premade adventure.

So their personal obligations have nothing to do with Teemo? It's fine if they don't, just add some obligation to them to represent Teemo as well and then clear it when they beat him. Or don't if you're just dropping Teemo. Just remember you can have obligation from multiple sources.

It's been a long time since I ran that adventure though, I don't remember what keeps the players involved with Teemo instead of just jetting across the galaxy besides their existing obligations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Did any of you actually get the Starfinders and Speeders book? I had preordered back in January from CoolStuffInc and the book just never arrived. I've emailed them a few times but all they can say is that they've had delays with FFG products even before COVID and now COVID made things worse.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Covok posted:

Yo, who else wants to play superhero Jedi in the High Republic? Going around with a laser sword killing space vikings in an era when everyone was actually not a fascist rear end in a top hat.

Me but only if you invent a time machine because I have barely enough time for the one game I'm actively involved in.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
The Edge of the Empire one is more fun imo. I think Fantasy Flight puts up free follow up adventures to all their beginner games, my group definitely played through the one for EotE and enjoyed it greatly.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Epi Lepi posted:

Did any of you actually get the Starfinders and Speeders book? I had preordered back in January from CoolStuffInc and the book just never arrived. I've emailed them a few times but all they can say is that they've had delays with FFG products even before COVID and now COVID made things worse.

Just got a shipping confirmation for this book! Pays off being too lazy to cancel the order and get a refund. Unless I'm being punked and get the wrong book or something then I will have the complete Star Wars FFG line!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I honestly like the opening for what it is; the party is meant to open their pregen chars, look at the skills and let their imagination fly in how to solve "find a hiding spot" with the information on their sheet. Do you literally hide with stealth roll? Do you try to climb up into the rafters? Pretend to be a performer or member of the staff? Sweet talk the bartender to let you hide? It's supposed to introduce you to how skill checks are resolved before you get into your first battle.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is there a community repository for like home brew adventures/one shots? There weren't that many official modules and I don't know if any of them were good but I'd love to have a one shot or short campaign in my back pocket.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Sick, thank you!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but also sad to this thread is dead.

Has anyone tried this game out in Foundry and are there any specific resources for it out there? Any must have modules?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Lemniscate Blue posted:

There have been occasional brief discussions of Foundry here as recently as just before the thread died. I think the general impression is that the basic system that's out there for it works well. OggDude's character generator imports well into the Foundry SWRPG plug-in. I don't think any specific modules were mentioned.

I do want to mention (for anyone still following the thread) that Edge Studios has actually shipped reprints of the three Beginner Boxes and the dice sets - they're showing up in FLGSs according to reports.

No word yet on new material one way or the other. I for one remain stubbornly hopeful.

I was digging around the subreddit this morning and they claim that in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoSzzgfjpI that the Edge Studios person that's being interviewed confirms that new stuff is coming once they've reprinted everything. I say claim because I have not watched the video myself.

Talkie Toaster posted:

If you hadn’t heard of it already, I’d recommend RPGSessions instead. Waaay easier and custom built for SWRPG.

I will look at this but I already have a Foundry License and Forge subscription for my Pathfinder2e games which is why I asked about Foundry specifically.