Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Chaltab posted:

The OP doesn't list Xenoblade Chronicles 10, which is due out early next year.

Its in there.

Its just Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I never got the Pokken name before and always thought it sounded really dumb.

But now I get that its a play on Tekken when I see the logo. I can't believe I didn't get that before. :rolleyes:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm probably going to buy every Amiibo because I love silly little figures and decorations and they all look well made and detailed.

They had me at collectible figure.

I mean Skylanders and Disney Infinity did this too but I don't care about a bunch of Generic Monster designs (with hosed Spyro) and a lot of the Disney ones are sort of bad choices and the ones that are good I don't feel justified in spending $15 for one if I have no game for it.

I like the Nintendo ones though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

The new 3DS/WiiU Shantae went from Summer 2014 to TBA 2014 :|

Pirates Curse? That's been delayed so many times now.

Might be they're devoting more manpower to Half Genie Hero since they just got Hero Modes funded.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Shelf Adventure posted:

Great stuff, thanks. I didn't even know there was a remake of X for the PSP.

If you have a PS Vita you can play it on that as well.

Megaman powered up on the other hand has been unavailable digitally since forever so you'd actually need a PSP for that.

X6 and X7 are bad Megaman games, which means they are just very Mediocre (BN and Star Force aren't really counted here since those aren't traditional formula).

Legends series is nice but its a bit of a rarity so unless you're willing to do :filez: or spend lots of money its probably not worth it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Sonic CD is verifiably the first bad Sonic game. Evidence: they make you go left. Sonic Adventure 2D.

You go left in Sonic 1, 2 and 3 as well. :colbert:

Sonics where you only go right are terrible. Sonic Advance 2 is not a good game.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Motto posted:

Speaking of people saying the Wii had no games and didn't use motion controls well enough, you should try out Sin & Punishment: Star Successor if you haven't already. I still see copies of that lying around in Walmarts.

Yes but its still $50 at Walmarts. Its like $5 everywhere else.

I got a copy when it came out because I was worried it'd be scarce. Now I have both S&P games and I've only played each once. :(

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

So that Bayo 2 LE is Europe Only? :(
I would've really liked to have both games in their own cases but I guess I'll just suck it up and buy the normal edition.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Jsor posted:

As far as I can tell, Limited Editions in general are a Europe Only thing now. Obviously I'm exaggerating, but I've been bitter ever since I had to import Sonic Generations CE from Europe. (Only time I've done that, though I'd probably consider that for a Zelda CE with something more substantial than a scarf)

I was thinking about that Sonic Generations CE when I made that post, but it seems only the Nichest of Niche games get LEs or CEs anymore, failing that a first run edition (ToX2, Danganronpa 1&2, Persona Q and P4A2 are what come to mind this year.) Otherwise only the most mainstream of mainstream games (read: Call of Duty) get them, middle ground stuff and Nintendo games seem to get shafted.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Megaman 7 sucks, Mega holds his buster out when he charges which looks really stupid. The end boss is unfairly hard. The bosses are dumb and the level design is garbage. The music isn't even good. It is a bad game.

The music is great man. Though that's just my opinion, I was personally happy for 4 unique wily castle themes instead of one really boring one per dungeon like MM5 and 6 were guilty of.
Everything else, okay. Last boss is pretty tough considering the rest of the game is really easy.

I'm just glad all the SNES Megaman games are available now (though I'm away from my Wii U right now so I can't download it. :()

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

8's fine.

I don't like 9's level design. 10 was an improvement.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

You download it from the eShop. It's not a physical disc -- though I think they announced that there's going to be one at some point.

Yeah, the games are available as is in a Digital format but there's going to be a Physical disk version of both games combined.

No word on when that's releasing in the US though, Japan already got it (or are getting it soon) I believe.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

jivjov posted:

Yeah, the real issue with GameStop is their other lovely business practices like opening up games, handling the discs (potentially lending them out to employees in the process) and still selling the game as "New" because it wasn't a trade-in.

Oh yeah, that happened with that "New" Etrian Odyssey IV copy I bought at a Chicago location.
No shrinkwrap, awful sticker on the box, even had a save file on it.

I've never had that happen at the Gamestop in my area though, they seem alright even if they have some sort of nasty tendency to make their Nintendo stuff so out of sight and shoved into a corner.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

jivjov posted:

Well, the business practice of selling opened and handled goods as New, compounded with that particular clerk, means I just don't give any of my dollars to GameStop anymore. Plus I've been buying more and more digital games these days. But if there's something physical I want, I'll go through Wal-mart, Amazon, or (in the event of GameStop 'exclusives' like Xenoblade and the like) secondary markets like Ebay.

The last few times I've ordered stuff through gamestop I've resorted to just using their website, I get charged for shipping, but I don't have to go into the store and get barraged by them asking if I want to pre-order games I have no interest in.

Of course if I buy stuff like Tales, Persona or One Piece I get none of that.

Thankfully I almost never need to use Gamestop for anything because I tend to either get stuff cheaper through work or Amazon saves me more money.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 17, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

And that smash final boss was spectacularly poor design. Apparently you can dodge the red circles of death by pressing shield and down at just the right time.... a skill the game never once teaches you.

I'm sure they teach that to you in the How to Play video.

They did in Melee at least. Dodging like that is extremely helpful for Boss Battles on Intense.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

For those of you who don't read the eShop thread: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon is out next week on the NA VC, Harmony of Dissonance will be out the next week, and Aria of Sorrow will probably be out the week after that.

Nice, so they are making October Castlevania month by burning off the GBA games on us.

I don't have any complaints about this. Metroidvanias are always fun.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Syka posted:

Yeah the only way that could have worked is if they could find a way to trick the system into treating the adapter as the original Wii GC controller ports, which sounds difficult at the very least.

Well considering they made the Wii mode able to output to the gamepad despite the difficulties involved in that, they might be able to pull something off.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

"By Generic" should be a huge red flag. Spend those $8 on something better.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can tell if they're real or not because the genuine ones have "Wii" above the home button. Those are most definitely knockoffs.

Well yeah, that too. Almost every knockoff I've ever seen follows that rule of never having logos. They're already made to look like a legitimate product and decieve people into thinking as such, why leave off such an important detail?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

I do wonder how the ultimate collect-a-thon Donkey Kong 64 holds up, though.

I'd say its got too many beetles, beavers, and bananas.

Also arcade games are not suited very well for playing with an N64 Joystick.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

allfrogs247 posted:

You can use the D-Pad for those, too. They don't help that much though.

Considering the only N64 game I ever owned that used the D-Pad in any major way was Kirby 64, I would've never thought to use it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

greatn posted:

Side note, if you play that version dont do Bottles's jigsaw minigame, because Banjo collecting notes in the puzzle movies will remove them from the game and you can never collect them.

Didn't they try fixing that like twice and ended up just telling people to not play those until after you get all the notes?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The only bad thing about sunshine is the 100 coin star poo poo. Meanwhile 64 looked and played like poo poo even when it was new. I still remember when I was a kid who first saw Mario 64 and was so disgusted with how awful it was that I got a PS1 instead.

Then the GameCube came out and all was forgiven. Best console of that Generation ( if we ignore the Dreamcast).

That was only bad in the hotel level.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

If you remember to get the red coins, the coin stuff isn't so bad outside of the hotel one yeah. I remember as a kid I had 99 but I entered the hotel already and couldn't find one last coin.

Have you ever done it in the first stage before fighting that phantom manta ray?

Most time consuming shine in the game.

Still more fun than that Pachinko bullshit.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

I remember the leaf level on the river that you could only get to by going on the boat with yoshi.

well yeah that sucked too but the nice thing was that if you hosed up you could walk all the way back to the beginning and start over without being booted out.

With the loving pachinko level you hosed up and you lost lives, quickly. And it was mostly based on luckiness than anything else because the control was so stilted.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I loved BT back in the day (probably still would) but holy hell was the N64 struggling to run it.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

zfleeman posted:

I was a big fan of KirbysDreamCourse.smc. That will be the first Club Nintendo game I pick up. Get it if you want a goofy golfingish game.

But yeah, altogether, not a great update. Is the Donkey Kong on 3DS the 1994 version for Game Boy?

Nope. NES waste of money.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Dr. Dos posted:

I forgot the Master Quest was a thing with OoT. Is there any way it's playable other than some old GameCube disc?

:filez: to play it on an N64 Emulator or OoT3D on the 3DS. Though that version is also Mirror mode for some dumb reason.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

I never understood the appeal of Greudo Valley's music personally.

I like Forest Temple.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Good news friends: The Mario Kart 8 DLC will have retro tracks that have already been used as retro tracks in previous games!

Bad news friends: The first one is Yoshi's Circuit :shepface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg8RgXCcXnA

That's not Waluigi Pinball dang nabbit. :mad:

That's not a bad remix of the main GCN circuit theme. I really hope we see more SNES tracks though since those have the best music.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

BFC posted:

Well I mean Harmony of Dissonance is pretty shite, but Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow are pretty great in their own rights. I think Castlevania 1 has some great design choices and the levels are pretty much all stellar, so calling it a nostalgia trip is underselling the game. Castlevania 3 is pretty alright as well, even if it's really a test of patience with how hard it can be.

Funny that the NES and GBA both put out two good castlevanias and one really just not good one.

Harmony of Dissonance isn't bad. Just bright, and easy.

Basically, with Castlevania the ones to buy are the First one, the GBA/DS ones, IV, The Japanese version of 3, and Rondo of Blood.

Simon's quest is very cryptic and abstract about a lot of things and is basically Symphony of the Night's style done with Classic Castlevania controls. Dracula X is Rondo of Blood without Maria as a playable character and stiffer controls.

They're all good games but some are better than others.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

Don't remember seeing it mentioned, but there is a SSB 3 poster set on Club Nintendo NA for 700 coins.

Too bad they didn't pick some of the more artistically unique pieces for the poster set, They're all good but I'd have rather seen Greninja's, Mega Man's, Shulk's or Robin/Lucina's instead of Rosalina or Villager. Palutena was a great choice though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

:siren:Amiibo functionality in MK8 revealed:siren:

You get... costumes for your Mii. It works with
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Kirby
Captain Falcon (!!!)
Samus
Fox

All this does is link to a dead page.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Aww we didn't get anything regarding a special edition for Majora's Mask.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

The Flying Milton posted:

Is there any way to order new inserts for cases? Some water spilled on my Bayonetta 2 case.

I'm sure The Cover Project has cover images for download that you can print off. They'll be fine unless your printer sucks.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

They don't have any Wii U covers at the moment.

Look in their forums. That's where I snagged a US Bayonetta 1 custom so I can put it in its own case. I think they have PAL ones available as well.

Edit: i should read the rest of the topic :downs:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Sonic Advance 2 is legitimately a great Sonic game. The other portable entries are very hit or miss (Sonic Rush has a brutal difficulty, for no reason at all), but Dimps did do some good stuff.

Its the prime example of bad sonic gameplay though, run to the right and win, bottomless pits everywhere, and bad special stage entry/design.

Sonic Advance 1 is much better, a better Sonic 4 than the actual Sonic 4.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Narcissus1916 posted:

Nintendon't is seriously awesome. I'm playing a copy of Mario Sunshine on my WiiU and it looks GREAT upscaled. I'm using the Wii classic controller and it plays like a dream.

I'm functionally illiterate when it comes to homebrew, and even I was able to get Nitnendont working with ps4 and classic controllers.

How exactly does Nintendon't work again? Is there anyway to use the Gamecube controllers or is there no way to use the adapter outside of smash yet?
It'd save the issue of having to hook up the gamecube (or fiddling with Dolphin) if I could use it. Doesn't it require original discs to use it at all?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

It plays Gamecube ISOs off a USB drive and allows you to use classic controllers, pro controllers and now Gamecube controllers on non-compatible systems using the new adapter. Nintendon't doesn't require the original discs, but another similar app, Devolution, does.

Alright, cool. Saves me the trouble of dealing with the Gamecube/Wii to play those games, only real loss will be memory cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Heran Bago posted:

I like just posted that it was updated to support the official adapter three posts before you asked.

That's what I get for not reading everything clearly. :downs:

• Locked thread