Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Umm, excuse me, but the best 2D platformer is obviously Rocky Rodent for SNES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Austrian mook posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with you

For some people, it's a chore to try and restrain the giddy feeling such a great, fun game elicits right off the bat.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Austrian mook posted:

There are people in this thread who played the first level of donkey kong and went, "Oh boy, this sure is too hard for me I'd better put this down.". :wtc:

"I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ON THE GAME WITH DK'S RIPPLING FUR EFFECTS!!"

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wildtortilla posted:

Zombie U is $15 on Amazon, is that a good price?

Absolutely

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Best Buy better sell the Gamecube adapters separately after canceling my preorder of the bundle without telling me.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

My local Best Buy had 4 or 5 in stock, thankfully.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

How much of those are trolling adults because I got really sad when I saw "This level is hard! My parents won't stop fighting"

A good chunk, sadly.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pretty sure the sensor bar isn't USB, it's a separate plug on the console used only for that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neo Rasa posted:

I now Other M was a high tier embarrassment, and it's a terrible game, but man I hope they make a new one. Though at the same time, remember a StarFox/Metroid crossover game was actually a real thing they briefly considered, so maybe it's for the better if they don't.

If by "considered", you mean "something someone made up on the Internet as an 'E3 leak'", then yes, they considered it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Chewie23 posted:

I've been debating about getting a Wii U ever since Smash 4 came out, but unfortunately the Nintendo Refurbs are sold out for who knows how long. Is there any other place having sales/good deals right now in the NA region?

Target has them on sale for $250 with 3D World and NintendoLand

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Chewie23 posted:

Sweet! How long does the sale last, if you know? I may pick this up along with some games/controllers along the way

Started today, ends Saturday.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Introduce him to Super mario World on the VC or something, get him started on the classics.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Metacritic does and that's their criteria.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Taint Reaper is not a cute gamer and therefore cannot play Captain Toad.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

sharrrk posted:

i've never played it

What are you even doing with your life?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Theta Zero posted:

I did. The 3DS remake also has Master Quest if you've beaten the game, though. I don't know if it's an exact copy of the promo disc.

It's not really more difficult, the puzzles are just dumber and so they're a little bit harder to figure out. For instance, there's one part in the Spirit Temple where you need to play the Song of Time about ten times to build a literal staircase of blocks to a switch. Or in Jabu-Jabu belly, there's a bunch of cows in the wall you need to hit with a slingshot in order to active doors, like said above.

True facts: The worst dungeon in the 3D games is the MQ Fire Temple.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/31/7463827/nintendo-2014-year-in-review

Not even Polygon can try and say that the Wii U didn't have an awesome 2014.

If you want to see the salt mine this article has unearthed: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=145507723

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

You mean the boring character.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Would that same concept work for amiibos?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wildtortilla posted:

What size pants should I buy to hold my Wii U?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not worth the effort, and it'd actually make things more complicated. The Wii Mode's a nice general thing that lets you use your old Wii disc and VC games, and, most importantly; it works 100% on anything Wii-related with no headaches. To get games working through whatever magic they're doing for the Wii eShop releases still needs at least a bugtesting pass.

And, more importantly, the Wii was hacked inside and out, so it needs to be sandboxed to prevent using it as a springboard to a similar level of Wii U hacking.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Greenlight page for Meme Run claims it's the "third best selling eShop game". I dunno if that means it hit #3 on the sales charts one time or if it's legitimately doing better than real actual games for non-children but it's depressing either way.

I guess the silver lining is that it just reinforces the fact that there's a market on Wii U for your games, no matter how inane, so if you're working on something you think is neat you might as well release on Wii U.

Shockingly, the eShop doesn't separate regulars sales from "Oh man, the Internet is saying that this game is terrible so I'm going to reward the lovely devs by buying it as well!" sales.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

BottledBodhisvata posted:

If I was gonna buy a new Kirby game, should I get the Wii Return to Dreamland one, the 3DS Triple Deluxe, or wait for Rainbow Curse?

Yes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Today I ran out of internal storage on my Wii U AND my friend's list was filled up. Welp.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

jivjov posted:

What's your source on the bolded bit? I was unaware any details had been released about the club Nintendo successor program.

His rear end.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Fremry posted:

Considering the number of games I've gotten on the 24GB that the system comes with, I'm not concerned about getting a drive bigger than that.

I really don't want to spend $50 on a hard drive, only to end up using like 50GB of it. I prefer physical Nintendo games since they keep their value for resale.

Okay, but now try again reading a little slower this time.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Loki_XLII posted:

So, is there any way to buy Metroid Prime without immediately downloading it. My hunt for a USB y cable isn't going so well, and I don't want to miss the sale.

You can buy it even if you don't have room. Just remember that if it's in your download list after you get your hard drive set up, you have to delete the one in your download list, and go to the Downloads section of the eShop to redownload it so it'll prompt to go to the hard drive instead. Good luck with that Y-cable, I gave up looking at a brick and mortar and just bought it on Amazon.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

The eShop actually refuses to let you buy stuff if you don't have the space. It's very dumb.

I 100% guarantee that it does not do this. You can buy it just fine.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I did the same exact thing as him this week. I bought Trilogy, didn't have room so I had to order a Y cable for my portable hard drive.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That's what happens when people complain about backtracking.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pretty sure Wario is in wave 4.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I haven't even gotten any confirmation that I will be getting any soundtrack, although it did confirm it when I initially registered both games.

I just got my email today, so I guess it's being done in waves.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RyokoTK posted:

If they really wanted it they should have just bought both copies of Smash 4 like the rest of us.

I listened to it, it didn't have anything that wasn't on Youtube for like two months prior. That's why I tossed it out.

Yes, I, too, expected the OST to have tracks not in the games.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Fix posted:

How much more life do you get out of the ones they sell?

It just about doubles regular gamepad battery life.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I bet we'll get a Direct next Thursday.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The real boxart is better than that and doesn't have a two color gradient background.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I think that, by not showing it at E3 , they mean it won't be on the show floor to play, not that they won't show it off in their Direct conference.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wonder what the odds are that by the time we see Zelda again, it won't be open world anymore.

Infinitesimally close to zero, I imagine.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

I did iiiiiiit! I beat Metroid Prime 2! :toot:

Final Boss: a bitch and a half. I died.... 3 times against each of the "final" bosses.

Good game! Super stressful at the end though, Christ. I guess now it's on to Metroid Prime 3!

Have fun with Prime 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

epitasis posted:

I'd pop big time for Pokemon Z.

Nah, GF usually does their own thing for Pokemon reveals.

• Locked thread