Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
How do the pikmin get out of the ground without Olimar around?

^^^ He's pretty clearly the leading exporter of lava and lava products.

Looper fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay-V posted:

So I'm yet another person heavily considering a Wii U and thinking about games I would get. However, I also skipped the Wii entirely (my last system was the GC before I became a poor college student), so I was also wondering what must-have Wii games there are that I could pick up for cheap.

Here are games I'm already interested in, for both Wii U and Wii; mostly into platforming/action but I'm open to other genres. Is there anything I'm missing?

Wii U:
Smash, once it's out
MK8
3D World
Tropical Freeze
Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3
Hyrule Warriors (maybe)
Bayonetta 2 (maybe)
New Super Mario Bros U (If I get this one, I don't need the others, right?)

Wii:
Skyward Sword
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime remakes
Resident Evil 4 (Is this worth getting if I've played the GC original already?)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (should I get this if I get Tropical Freeze?)
Mario Galaxy 2

Bonus question: Who would you recommend Xenoblade to...is it just a typical JRPG?

Ignoring people's weird taste in Zelda, you clearly like platformers so do yourself a favor and get Rayman Legends

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
That boss is only hard if you have the hand-eye coordination of a sponge.

Shoot where he's going to be, not where he is!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axleblaze posted:

I stand by it. It's not a bad game or anything and the dungeons are good as usual, it was just the first time I played a Zelda game where throughout most of it I was just going through the motions. I mean the most interesting item you get in the game is just two of one of the usual Zelda items. That's basically the level of creativity that I felt was on display in that game. It's the NSMB of the Zelda series. It doesn't do anything wrong but it also plays it really safe by just doing what has worked and not much else.

I would've liked the heavily animal-based game we got in the beginning where Zant was the villain and Wolf Link had a point better. TP's biggest problem for me is just that it's clearly two games mashed together, poorly

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Rayman Legends has better water levels than normal levels

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BFC posted:

It also has the best companion of the series bar none.

Spirit Tracks???

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

davey4283 posted:

Yea this looks really great

So I bought w101 a while back and I didn't like it. I've got some time in my hands now and I'm willing to give it one more shot. What upgrades should I purchase from the store early on to make the game more enjoyable?

Buy Speed Charge and Unite Charge immediately. They're things you should use pretty much constantly, especially as a beginner. Also get Ukemi and Hero Time as soon as you can. And have fun :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Hello thread, please enjoy this exciting new Sonic Boom screenshot:

What the sparkling blue poo poo am I even looking at

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

enojy posted:

I'm glad my gamepad can travel all the way to my bedroom (since it's really just on the other side of a wall) but I'm not bringing this big hunking thing into the bathroom while I float poo poo particles in the air. Besides, I've dropped things into the toilet before and I'm not interested in having the gamepad be the next one.

You need to either stop skipping leg day or stop using President Taft's toilet geez, how could the gamepad even fit in the toilet?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
3D World owns. It's not quite as creative as the Galaxy games, or as long, but it's much tighter and overall more fun and also uhh co-op 3D Mario

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
You could try New Super Mario U. The character selection is meaningless and it's 2D, but it's still really fun with friends and much better than the rest of its series.

Kind of a step down after 3D World, though :(

e: I'm dumb and forgetful, Rayman's an even better co-op platformer!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wild Knight posted:

Real talk tho, "girlfriend games" are a tricky thing because the games we may like to play that have couch co-op may not be accessible enough to our partners. You'd think something like 3D World would be perfect for it, but the mere fact that everyone has the same life pool stresses my fiancee out no matter how many times I tell her that it's okay, and since she didn't grow up playing video games she doesn't have the kind of reflexes or muscle memory to get through even the early parts of the game.

smh if you don't have triple crown lives after the second level

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Look, if you enjoy things that will make you hate poo poo, play Kid Icarus and then Bayonetta back to back. I'll be over here with ten whole additional dollars.

holy poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

The amount of caremad in this thread is amazing. Kinda surprised that people somehow think the game is just the best one ever and someone not liking it is making their world crumble.

Anyway, since I've already established how horrible I think the game is, we can move on. Wonderful.

Also, since the post you replied to is old, they might have already figured it out, but the discount works now.

that's it

you and me

ddr pads at high noon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I just realized that Paper mario is on the Wii's virtual console. And that got me thinking...

I've never played Thousand Year Door. I've heard good things from a great many people about it. Is this one worth tracking down if I enjoyed paper mario 64?

A thousand times yes

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
You haven't even played 3D World

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Pac-man in Smash, Bayonetta on Wii U, what a wondrous time to be gaming :unsmith:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Very very few wii games don't use the remote. I can think of like Fire Emblem, Muramasa, and Brawl off the top of my head but that's it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

The point is, why put in a character who literally has to hide themselves to be age appropriate, which goes against the main characteristic and reason Bayo is such an important character? Why put in bland combos when there are thousands of other characters they can and should use first? Just look at the Assist trophies.

The real problem is that Mr. Wedgewood isn't in this.

The Wonderful Ones would fit so much better than Bayonetta I'm not sure how people haven't realized this??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Kirby's Epic Yarn

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fremry posted:

"Who cares about the Zelda Timeline?"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Want those jammies

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

The trifecta...

Courage, Power, Wisdom....what are ya gonna wish for??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Bought the last copy of Bayonetta 2 at Target yesterday. Like W101, I fully expect to play the game for 1 hour, get pissed off and post about how stupid the game is, and never touch it again. Cannot wait.

I was gonna say you've been a much better poster recently but c'mon man

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Keystoned posted:

I would play the poo poo out of Brutal Legend 2. Even the parts of the game that were terrible "like the rts style stage battles" were more than made up for by the sheet awesome metalness of the game.

Everyone go play Brutal Legend!

But what if I don't like metal?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mr.capps posted:

The end game for the Amiibos is that as you used them across all your games and they will slowly build up stats and when they finally release NINTENDO WARS you can import your Amiibos as hero units.

But Nintendo Wars came out in 1988??

(Please do this anyway, but as COs)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Ezlo's cool because he's a grumpy old man strapped to your head and also his animations are cute

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I don't even want a new F-Zero game. Just rerelease GX with online.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

First the bandages, now a gun? And he's human?? Ugh Sega please just stop

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I'm not really talking about sales as much as I'm talking about the brand. When you think Capcom, you'd naturally think of Megaman. Regardless of sales, the names of the two are hand-in-hand. It's akin to Mario's new series not selling so hot because it's the same formula in comparison to the age-old games. Then you get things like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World/Land etc. Those other games are things Capcom hasn't really tried since the PS1, but it's, for this metaphor's sake, them just putting out New games.

Have you been living under a rock? Are you okay?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
It's November 4th and I STILL haven't bought Bayonetta. Someone, anyone, help me

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I just love how one day Nintendo decided big band jazz would officially be their musical genre.

Big bands are cheaper than orchestras.

Not that that has to do with anything or that I'm complaining, naturally y'know

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fremry posted:

Anybody know a place to get Super Mario Galaxy 2 at not stupid prices? I was walking by a Gamestop, and it's still $30 used there.

Edit: Also, that gamestop had 3 copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $50.

Both of these are good deals though?

Like yeah dude I get the logic that old game = cheap but it's the best single player Mario for less than retail and three really good games for the price of one

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

E: I'm dumb. He could buy 1 and 2 for the GC. He should do that cause the motion controls in 3 suck and every day I wish I could play it with a GC controller. Prime 1'and 2 are the pinnacle of console FPS controls.

:psyduck:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
If you have any interest at all in digital games, just go ahead and get an external. Bayo 1 and 2 alone are too big for the poor thing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

You don't even aim!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

You realize that's the entire point of the product line...right? Its like Skylanders or Disney Infinity. Buy little plastic figures, unlock bonus content. If they just gave out the content...what would be the point of the amiibo?

Pretty sure you two had this exact exchange just a few days ago.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The secret triumph of SMRPG is giving Bowser a personality.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Asnorban posted:

F-Zero GX was worth it just because it produced this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLwM3nyY5g

This guy sounds like an rear end in a top hat, subs >>> dubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the truth posted:

I'm returning ZombiU. I paid $61 plus tax for all three games (South Park $31, the other two $30), so after the discount W101 will be about $20.

Think about your next post very carefully, it may determine your fate round these parts

• Locked thread