Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Is DeBlob actually a game worth checking out? It always looked like lame generic mascot platformer garbage to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Trent posted:

I just read the last five pages of the thread and I think you were trying to trick me! :mad:

My condolences. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I just beat Bowser's Galactic Reactor today in Super Mario Galaxy and holy poo poo is it one of the best levels of anything I've ever played. :vince:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

absolutely anything posted:

*jotting down notes* Hmm yeah *continues to write notes* I see *camera pans around revealing notepad, pages contain the words "THIS DUDE'S A BIG IDIOT NERD" and nothing else*

:lol:

Seriously Super Mario Galaxy is the best and I can't wait to do this poo poo all over again as Luigi, the superior Mario Bro.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Seshoho Cian posted:

Smash Bros roster
Pokken Fighters
Mario Kart 8 DLC

Video games are great guys. I love video games.

Seriously. So glad I just got a Wii U, video games are life. Smash is hometown.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

They can't make a Wii U Animal Crossing, because then I'll have to run two towns simultaneously because I will never abandon Mervburg on my 3DS. :negative:

^^ haha yup Amiibos in AC will also murder me stop stealing all my time and money Nintendo :mad: ^^

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 4, 2014

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

What's this about a soundtrack?

Register both version of Smash 4 with Club Nintendo, get a 2-disc soundtrack from them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

JordanKai posted:

There are no surveys for Virtual Console games.

Then why did I get 20 ten-point post-play surveys for upgrading my VC games?? :confused:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fremry posted:

Didn't see this listed here yet:

Walmart has a listing for a Smash Bros Wii U Amiibo bundle. It's the Wii U game and Amiibos of Pikachu, Mario and Link for $99.

That is a good deal. :stare:

But Wal Mart :argh:

Edit: also I'm downloading so I can play it immediately at any time

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fremry posted:

Now that I look at it, it's not really a good deal.

$59.96 for the game
$12.96 for Pikachu
$12.96 for Mario
$12.96 for Link
-----------------
$98.84 for everything separately on Walmart's site.

So you spend an extra 16 cents to get it all as a package.

So it is in no way a deal and is in fact just a bundle. So I guess I regret nothing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Look. I need one USB connection for my internet dongle. Can I still have an external hard drive?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Inverness posted:

Wii U has four USB ports, you know. An external hard drive would only need one anyways. It's not powered through USB or anything.

I thought I needed two for the y-cable. :saddowns:

And then the other two are on the front and I need two for the GameCube adaptor. :saddowns:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah you need 2 ports for the y-cable. You could just get a HDD that's powered with an AC adapter instead though.

I'll look into this thanks. :) I need it before Smash so I have some time to look into it at least.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

oknope posted:

Okay I have labeled all my Wii U games, eshop purchases and virtual console games in different colored folders for easier accessibility.

I was worried this would be just like 3DS folders but goddamn is this a good update.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

greatn posted:

I can't decide, should I do my folders by console or by game franchise, in alphabetical or chronological order?

Sort folders alphabetically by franchise, sort games within folders chronologically. :waycool:

EDIT: stray games by console

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I answer Club Nintendo surveys honestly and completely so they can use my opinion to improve their products and services :shobon:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm not against owning little plastic figurines of characters I like, but beyond that Amiibos seems really kinda pointless and dumb and expensive. Like, why exactly do I need a leveled-up AI partner in Smash anyway? I am probably never going to use that poo poo, I'm going to play the other modes with real people and maybe a random Level 9 AI guy.

In that previous mentioned sense of owning little plastic figurines of characters I like though, they seem pretty ok. Luigi is depicted mid plank and that's cool.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

You'll still be able to play it in your dark bedroom on just the pad. :)

Look at this rear end in a top hat whose Gamepad reaches to his bedroom. I'll bet it reaches your bathroom too, huh rear end in a top hat? :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

My Gamepad was defective so it only works if plugged in. The cord is pretty long so it's not a big deal, but it's a bit obnoxious at times. Hope this makes you feel better.

it does a little actually

enojy posted:

I'm glad my gamepad can travel all the way to my bedroom (since it's really just on the other side of a wall) but I'm not bringing this big hunking thing into the bathroom while I float poo poo particles in the air. Besides, I've dropped things into the toilet before and I'm not interested in having the gamepad be the next one.

Now look at THIS rear end in a top hat who has never played a 3DS on the toilet. :wtf:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

James Woods Fan posted:

It's a shame The Wind Waker doesn't have an Of Mice And Men gameplay function. I'd tell Tingle to look at the fairies while I plunge the master sword into his spine.

Tingle rules you fucker

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Tingle for Hyrule Warriors! Tingle for Smash! Tingle for Mario Kart!!! Tingle for Pikmin! Tingle for Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosie Rupeeland 2! Tingle for Monster Hunter! Tingle Amiibo! M'fuckin' Tingle :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

This story inspired me to try and play 3D world with my girlfriend. She sort of glared at me and halfheartedly plucked at the Wii Mote. We beat the first level and I looked at her and asked if she thought it was fun and she rolled her eyes and said "Maybe if I was like...five."

I was very sad.

She sounds mean dude :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I haven't posted in the retro games thread since I bought a cabinet, but I'm glad you remember me posting about that a month ago.

It's not a big deal. I genuinely think those two games are poo poo and Bayonetta is only worth $10 in my eyes. Hell, if someone offered me $5 and a McChicken for the game, I'd give it to them with no hesitation.

Sorry you guys love this game and I don't. :allears:

You really are a posting bad boy. Hating those games people like. What a badass. :geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Well I'm glad we agree it's not really working out.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

davey4283 posted:

So I really loved Super Mario RPG and N64 Paper Mario. Last year I bought Super Paper Mario on Wii off of SaMart and I couldn't stand it. Is TTYD better than the Wii one and more like the N64 one?

Yes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Actually Kewpuh the British are extremely cool. Almost as cool as a bespectacled brunette British stripper who is 90% leg.

Bayonetta is cool.

^^^ Rusty I see you post in the Hyrule Warriors thread all the time but the combos in Bayonetta are beyond you?! :psyduck:

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 27, 2014

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I won't lie, I only played the demo for Bayo 2 but the combos reminded me of Hyrule Warriors a lot. I haven't really played many technical brawlers outside of Revengeance though so I will admit I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. It seemed to be a lot of whacking two buttons in a similar way to me, with lots of dodging sprinkled in. I just figured the skill set could cross over, I don't know :shrug:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

elf help book posted:

You hosed up by not buying a Wii U months ago.

elf help is right as he often is but you do deserve credit for taking steps to improve your previously miserable gaming habits. :waycool:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

You defended Bayo like a few pages ago calling me an internet tough guy because I said I didn't like it lol

I don't care if you like Bayonetta or not, but I do care if you're an annoying rear end in a top hat :shrug:

I probably should not have said 'internet tough guy' though, that is clear to me now

EDIT: I just looked and I called you a 'posting bad boy' which is funnier

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 27, 2014

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lana is an absurd anime and she is great.

"SOL-LEEE HAHAHA :haw:"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fremry posted:

I'm playing through Wind Waker and am totally confused as to whether or not it's supposed to be contiguous with the other games.

Every Zelda game takes place in its own time period and you really shouldn't worry about where it fits on which timeline, but it will become clear where it takes place in relation to other games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The 'tale passed down' theory is nice but what insane teenager is telling Hyrule Warriors then?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hwelp. Fair enough.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

It's amazing that when you release a bunch of games that people actually want people will buy your system.

Unless you are Sony and Microsoft who are doing ok without any games I guess

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

Browsing Amazon and got trolled.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KWFCU4M/

I assume that's a placeholder date.

It is.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

They'd better let you import your New Leaf town wholesale because I am not ready to move on :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Buy the Mr Resetti Amiibo to get yelled at when you forget to save.

Worth it imo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

davey4283 posted:

Is Resident Evil Revelations worth 15 dollars?

It is one of the better recent Resident Evils and the Raid Mode offers a lot of replayability. I was amused by the dumb story and characters but they don't affect the fun shooting monsters stuff, which is what I really care about. There's a lot of grabbing keys and backtracking ala the older games interspersed with some brief, cool action sequences closer to the more recent games. I also got way too into the scanning for hidden ammo and handprints stuff. I think there's a demo available so give that a try.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

zfleeman posted:

I didn't enjoy that Joust trailer. Also the name "Sportsball" just reminds me of people that make fun of sports, and I don't really jive with those people.

3.5/10

Cityname Sportsteam ftmfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

13/f/cali posted:

I just hope that they do not do the MK8 DLC and the Twilight Princess pack for Hyrule Warriors on the same day.

Oh my god, that stuff and Smash are all coming out at the same time, aren't they :stare:

• Locked thread