Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Neraren posted:

Man, why is Samus's pose so boring? She's my favorite, but she's practically in a T-pose while everyone gets an action shot.

Yeah they should have gone with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure is top tier platformer fun time. My list of Treasure platformers would probably go:

Treasure Land Adventure
Gunstar Heroes
Mischief Makers
Dynamite Headdy
Wario World

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Join Captain Bloom on an adventurous quest to discover where that blinding light is coming from Holiday 2014

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, remember that point in the Wii's lifecycle where everyone was begging for a Wii lightsaber game and couldn't understand why noone had made one?

Guess what! Factor 5 made an enhanced remake of the Rogue Squadron trilogy for Wii and added tons of poo poo including first-person lightsaber battles that used MotionPlus, and it was fully complete, but LucasArts decided not to release it because ??? http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/10/13/cancelled-star-wars-rogue-squadron-wii-game-footage-found

Shake my head if you think this would be anything except hyped beyond belief and then insanely disappointing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reminder that the song about the Pikmin's bushido honor to their master Olimar was so popular in Japan that the single outsold the game. No one in Japan thinks of Olimar as mistreating the Pikmin

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Hello welcome to my Tropical Freeze review: if you wait in a barrel for too long they'll poke their little heads out. Also there's a gramophone that plays the DKC intro. 10/10.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Fremry posted:

It definitely didn't say anything like that. I always opt out of any ads or promotional emails, and whatever the screen said, I opted in because it wasn't clear what it was. I was one of the people who had to come in here and ask why it was happening to figure out how to turn it off.

Hey everyone, this guy's functionally illiterate !! :allears::angel::anime::blush::cawg::cheeky::classiclol::haw::goleft::holy::keke::kiddo::kimchi::newlol::o::roflolmao::shobon::tipshat::xd::yum::D

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

James Woods Fan posted:

It's a shame The Wind Waker doesn't have an Of Mice And Men gameplay function. I'd tell Tingle to look at the fairies while I plunge the master sword into his spine.

Don't let the teacher catch you doodling that on the back of your notebook, you might not make it to 10th grade !!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Renoistic posted:

failing no-hit runs in MGR due to machine gun fire from across the screen

I get where you're coming fron but Raiden literally autoblocks bullets while running

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

I'm a fan of the NES controller as well.

Agreedo. [holds up monstrous hand for High Five]

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

A Bayonetta pole dance move would be too weird for Smash. That would be a weird thing, to have Bayonetta dancing on a pole in Super Smash Brothers. The game is rated E10, not DancePole. Imagine if that made it in.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Mercury Crusader posted:

I can't tell what's happening in that screenshot. Could you provide a cleaner picture with HD resolution? Preferably animated. Thanks in advance.

I sharpened it up a bit for your viewing pleasure

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Man Explains the Zelda Timeline to His Mother. How She Reacts Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I'm sorry I mentioned the timeline. I'm sorry

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nintendo doesn't care about the Zelda timeline really, except for Skyward Sword's plot revolving around it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

katkillad2 posted:

Wasn't Costume Quest 2 supposed to be out on the Wii U already? Going to be kind of weird if they miss the month of October.

Please don't give money to Double Fine

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Fremry posted:

Why is that?

If you don't know about the Spacebase DF-9 situation, this probably explains it better than I could:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=?j0zJF3KAI3w

Basically they released a promising early access title, made back a 400k loan in two weeks which they had taken out from some indie starter fund, released a handful of meager updates over the course of a year, then after a few months of nothing from the devs, they said, "Don't worry, Double Fine isn't some fly by night."

Very shortly after that they announced they wouldn't be developing it anymore because it wasn't making them money and jumped straight from alpha to 1.0

Please don't give money to Double Fine

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Now I can't say I've programmed for the Wii U, but I would imagine it's a simple boolean SendTo=0/1, where 0=television and 1=gamepad.

Shameful if they really couldn't figure that out

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nolgthorn posted:

Gamers are really mad at DoubleFine because a development team that was associated with DoubleFine did a kickstarter to raise money for Spacebase DF-9 which didn't live up to everyone's expectations. Money was pulled out of the project in order to further fund their baby Broken Age. Some feel that shouldn't have been necessary since the kickstarter for Broken Age surpassed fundraising expectations by quite a lot. And DoubleFine from what I understand also underwent second fundraising to finish it.

Basically DoubleFine spent tons of money on Broken Age. I am not sure if people think they are stealing and stockpiling money or something like that, many of them are acting like that's what's happening. These aren't triple A games that sell for $60 * millions of copies. This is a independent development company and they make pretty good games in general. If you've seen Broken Age you'll see that it's gorgeous, they probably felt over confident when all that money came in and then set into motion something too big for the budget.

They are also currently heading up a complete remaster and re-release of Grim Fandango.

On the other hand they're terrible at everything they do and I feel like it would be in everybody's best interest to not give money to Double Fine

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I don't ask for thread title changes very often, but

Wii U General Discussion - But hey, a Zelda spin off got their stock up single handed

:eyepop::holymoley::kiddo:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah it reminds me of people who call football "handegg"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Pressing attack will rebuild your unite morph in its smallest size, you do need to redraw larger sizes if they expire. Vor you can buy the part that lets you charge unite morph size by holding attack, which should have been a default move

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

Rains alright, except when you forget to bring your umbrella, and it's raining hard, it can suck big time

That's called thinking rain, where you get all your good thinking done

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nintendo is going to buy Capcom I knew it

:thurman:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Capcom has made games for Nintendo before, guys. They did the Ages games and Minish Cap. This is not a sign of them buying anything.

True, but let's look at some of the other Nintendo-is-going-to-buy-Capcom evidence:

• Capcom has made games for Nintendo before, guys. They did the Ages games and Minish Cap.
  • Nintendo is going to buy Capcom

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Nintendo is going to buy Capcom "Believe it !!" - Naruto

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If your post is a "WHAT were these guys SMOKING ?? :D" kind of post maybe you shouldn't post it thanks

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I miss his Mario Kart 64 laugh but gravel throat Toad is p. funny too. I would make Toad sounds while playing SM3DW and it bothered my wife

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

MARIO VS SONIC PARALYMPICS

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Oh my gooooooooooooooosh Majora's Mask is the best Zeldaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Reminder this is the best Zelda song in the whole series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnAavurqe-M

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Steampunk Valkyria Chronicles

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If you think Captain Toad looks fun (everyone does) you might like Zack and Wiki for Wii

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"By completing challenges, you can unlock content stamps"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

THE DUCK HUNT DOG IS IN SMASH THE LEAK WAS REAL

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo is buying Capcom

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Pikmin owns bones

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Time has not been kind to Nana and Popo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Looks like they were uploaded a little early. Nintendo's really slipping up on these leaks lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Polo-Rican posted:

If you rip the electronics out of the amiibo base, can you insert them into any physical object and have it work?

I'm also wondering about this, except with regards to the still-beating heart of a powerful tiger and my own chest cavity

• Locked thread