Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
sa's the only cool internet joint that's allowed to make fun of a gross nerd relationship now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Ponce de Le0n posted:

i bet you any money she has retarded dyed hair.

dude be careful wit dat, last time i said that like every lady goon snarked my balls off.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

big duck equals goose posted:

WTF IS.... daddy issues?!

lol

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Smeego posted:

• a girl made a game about depression
  • girl might have had sex with Video Game Journalists who gave her good reviews for her game? maybe?
  • this is a mighty blow to the integrity of the Gaming Community and people on reddit got angry
  • someone bothered TotalBiscuit and he made a big post about it on twitter
  • also, people are googling girl's address, which is uncool.
  • Girl Gamer talks to a reddit mod and they are hand-deleting thousands of posts in that totalbiscuit thread instead of deleting the whole thing I guess
  • its really not that important
  • I'm gay. I'm gay as hell

shes also is a tumblerite and ruined a woman games design project with her sjw groupie because she didn't like the terms.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

El Estrago Bonito posted:

richard please send your daughter as far away from video games as possible, like there must still be convents somewhere maybe? Do the amish take donations of kids? just get her out.

I feel bad for her because her bf is a lying scumbag who slept with a crazy woman who also is a scumbag but you know that only one half of the two people who hosed her life in the butt are gonna get punished for it. prolly best not to come out in public and say you support internet people harassing someone irl when you're a games lady since she's basically one post about not loving assassins creed away from having the same poo poo done to her.

post your tumblr

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Jamesman posted:

Well that's the thing. I don't think anybody's saying "But I thought the game's industry was reliable!?" or "drat, so much for Kotaku's journalistic integrity!" poo poo has been terrible for a long-rear end time, and this is just one of those things that jumps out and you can go "LOOK! LOOK AT THIS! THIS IS ONE OF THOSE THINGS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT!" and hope against all hope that it might result in some kind of change.

naw its just another battle in the internet loser culture war between sjws and channers.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Bitter Beard posted:

Have we crossed a line we'll regret crossing in the future?

kotaku: i had sex on my sonic themed bed

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

shas posted:

look i just want to know about that guys diamond thing

lowtax got bored last night and gave it to diff posters in a thread he made that lasted like an hour

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

i am in fact an enlightened asexual atheist and care not for the dalliances of whores and bros, instead i spend my time pondering the questions of the universe with my rationality

you seem enlightened.. by your own intelligence.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Sandgoose posted:

I wish these guys would stop bitching about how terrible of person she is and focus on repairing the damage by compensating that charity game jam that got shut down for no reason. That was pretty terrible.

aslong as the hydra exist and is protected, the more terrible things it will do.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Ponce de Le0n posted:

So is she actually a goon because she writes like one http://www.patreon.com/zoe

Shithouse Dave posted:

She was definitely a goon four years ago. She ragequit irc after a really stupid argument about Julian Assange. She didn't burn her account but after someone sent nudes to Two Worlds she probably reregged. Ex-husband was also a goon.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Torka posted:

why is this uninteresting topic getting so many posts

culture war

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
maybe he isnt deaf

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

rainy day posted:

She probably didnt send links to the site to her dad tho, which 4chan nerds did.

im sure any dudes like her brother/cousins already did. you see how popular that site is to goony white boys? shed have to have a boyless peer group in her fam.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Biggie Shorty posted:

Do they have hard hitting Games journalists in Japan, the homeland of gaming? Because all I know is Famitsu and everyone just accepts that their reviews are just payed off marketing hype.

Some dude bloggin' away about the sociopolitical ramifications behind the ToHou scene, eatin a big rear end bowl o ramen

actually, tohou is pretty loving in accordance with feminism.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Someguy posted:

da,m she a whore, i wonder if she made more money off her dumb game then an actual prostitute would have made off loving 5 guys

shes get paid 2k a month to just sit on her rear end lol

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
id let shmorky change my diaper

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
eh guys this is an unironic post in the gamers.txt thread.

Bob le Moche posted:

Hey all, I work in the games industry as a game developer and I also get state funding to do research on videogames in the serious academic field of "game studies" along with hundreds of scholars and everybody I know uses words like "ludonarrative literacy" and "problematic" and is super cool and smart. We write books about racism, sexism, capitalism and videogames that real publishers pay us for. Mattie Brice speaks at our conferences because she and other rad people like her and Zoe Quinn have done amazing work in changing the industry for the better in the last few years and thanks to them I've seen first-hand more and more female and minority students starting to get into games which is awesome. Most of my friends in the industry who make the games that matter so much to dumb kids on reddit do it as a day job to pay their bills and honestly think that the games they make are pretty stupid and lovely distractions for pathetic manchildren.

Hope this helps you bunch of babies out
lol

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Shadoer posted:

You know, after taking the time to read through this stuff, I am honestly more worried about the white knight brigade and their surprising power.

In any sane universe, she should be a nobody. She has been attached to few indie projects, she's done some game jams, and she's made one very poorly received indie game. That's it. There's nothing note worthy about her at all except that for some reason, the misogynist conspiracy is out to destroy her. Now Zoe Quinn may not be an complete evil witch bent on sleeping her way to the top, but it's clear she's milking the whole "misogynist conspiracy is out to get me angle" for everything it's worth.

As far as I can tell, the "misogynist conspiracy" on the internet consists of 4chan whom trolls everyone and everything, Wizardchan whom are quite possibly the most pathetic people in existence and have no power, and some pick up artist communities whom don't even give a poo poo about gaming. These are forces that no rational person should be afraid of, and they have proven to be about as effective as a bunch of cats plotting world domination.

However, the legions of white knights have proven to be really effective. Because Zoe here was willing to scream "misogynist conspiracy", she got them to censor Reditt and take down a bunch of YouTube videos. And in the past, thanks to team white knight, she's gotten her lovely game green lit and a bunch of free press because the 30 year old virgins of Wizard Chan were trying to destroy her.

Like holy gently caress, I can understand coming to her defense and even trolling people attacking her. But seriously, are they actually going to go as far as attempting to censor the internet because their feminist damsel is in distress and is about to be eaten by the big bad misogynist wolf? Have they really dropped to this low? Do they not see how completely misogynist and sexist it is
that lady whos husband cheated on her tweeted about it got told by some sjw guy that "youre about to find out why you shouldnt mix your professional and personal life" i was wtf man. threaten a womans job all for a dumb evil whore.

EA Sports fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 21, 2014

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Ahundredbux posted:

especially dumb indie games though

ya that dude made a lovely pixel platformer lol incredible innovation from a cultural marxist koolaid drinker.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Ever since GBS was detumblrized there have been many displaced tumbleweed-like posters that flit about asking "oh you are still talking about _this_" in the _this_ thread.

They need a new subforum where they can gather.

if anything they should learn from this drama is if you run your movement like a teen clique in middle school lovely people like this will always rise to the top.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
lol i warned u goons dont say that around goonettes

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i joined this forum to post on ycs and everynow and then read the archives form back then.
you start seeing a bunch of lf superstars posting there cause that was the only fyadlite at the time.

fast forward to today you can see some posters who were making lol yoshi poop jokes screaming poo poo like you think samus is sexy? YOU WILL REGRET THIS

the old poster from games/ycs nachobox is the guy in the gone home team. it literally all leads back to goons lol

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
wow so apparently internet aristocrat guy with the pop as hell dox vid posted on here aswell. all the movers and shakers in this are goons lol.
its like that ron paul 2008 thread in d&d except the eve online randroids have an army of channers against internet communists with an army of tumblrs.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Froghammer posted:

Serious question: does anyone actually give a poo poo about the ethics of video games journalism? Because mainstream games journalism being in bed with the industry (hur hur) has been public knowledge for at least a decade.

no that group of channers that went loving nuts about anita sarkisean never really left and looks for sjw stuff to go after all the time. that's what this is really about.

the only reason it got so big this time is because half of tumblr is against it aswell, cause the target is especially awful this time.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
yea i had suspicions that the social justice clique was literally controlling what indie games get press but this just out and out shows it.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Best Friends posted:

Yeah me too

I still don't even know what is going on except it involves caring a lot about someone cheating and the sacred duties of a video game blogger and every time I say this something hilarious happens like an earnest rage comic

lol do you honestly think anyone in this forum has anything to do with the harassment? its a poo poo show

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
I guess I should add to the drama that there are a few people on the ycs offsite that directly know them aswell. One of the posters started talking about knowing her in canada when another poster imed them to not talk about her, we think it might be her ex? he's also admin of depression quest on steam. just a reminder that ycs culture includes ironic pedophilia, including a poster posting a baby gently caress hentai image for cred turning into a meme, and lurid hentai pics too racy for posting on the forum being jokingly referenced with get on steam.
The hypocrisy of social allegiances is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
alright goons i know i post crazy stories that i stretch the truth about a bit, but i literally just got sent home from my job because of a :siren:bomb threat:siren:. now im not saying im sure it's related to this, but considering the restaurant next door seems to only hire wealthy looking young white people, aswell as chatting with some dude from there being a member of anonymous and having that gay rear end mask,i can only conclude it is most likely.

EA Sports fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 25, 2014

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

please god kill us all

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

horriblePencilist posted:

More people talking against Zoe and getting in trouble for it.

zoe giving a speech at pax on the matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo4cFViNLes

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
yea you should be better wit words if its your job

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
her ex said she planned in on the ama, so maybe

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i loving love family guy!

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

༼༼;; ;°;ਊ°;༽

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
it was very sith lord like

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Oh poo poo. Well, I just went looking for this so I hope it helps anyway. This at least proves quite a few of them talk to eatchother and have an "agenda" of a sort.

Now let's reconcile the fact that all these social butterfly day walker gamer+rs and journalists involved in this buy and use cocaine which goes straight towards organizations chopping off peoples limbs. lol now watch as we wag our fingers at tween boys and shut-ins for tweeting that samus is sexy! you're on the wrong side of history!

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
has zoe talked about my any dick pics she got yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
has anyone else came out as goons yet? i cant express enough how much this helps my self esteem. ive always been proud that i figured out the lead up to iraq war was propagandist bs without even having internet acess. i would be doubly proud if the majority of people involved on the sjw side are goons. the type of self nerd hate they profess is so specific it acts as a huge tell in my brain.

• Locked thread