Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Put this post under your pillow tonight OP and the "Who loving Cares" Fairy will come in the middle of the night and put her balls on your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

anchoress posted:

ding ding ding claim your prize

Would

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Like, make fun of that dude all you want but if a skinny young weirdo emo video game girl rolled up and wanted to play Mario with your joystick if ya catch my drift you would delete 22,000 reddit comments to get some too y'hear

*holds up hand for high five*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tsinava posted:

don't be gross please

i guess that's the full story

Jesus this is like a lamer version of the Mighty No.9 thing

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

If she really did gently caress a bunch of video game dudes for good reviews she really went overboard she could probably have just agreed to hold their hand for thirty seconds or something and BOOM 10/10 solid gold video games

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

InterceptorV8 posted:

http://youtu.be/C5-51PfwI3M

I guess there is a 25 minute video of the deal.

Dude seems pretty insecure about women in video games based off his other videos

MIGHTY NO.9 GUYS!!!!!!!! ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.; ;.;

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I fell for the angle :eng99:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

hovis rock posted:

its funny to see your all jealous that a woman is making it in the game industry, its sad your just jealous haters slut shaming a woman whos confident expressing her sexuality with multiple partners not like your white male christian idea of sexuality.

and your jealous that she has the guts to express her personality and bravery through her unique hair style that shows shes an individual unlike you loosers

this but unironically

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The funny thing is that even if every accusation about this woman were true, she still comes off as the better person because these chan and reddit people are so much worse.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 19, 2014

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hey guys this dude accused this woman of using sex to get her tiny game some attention let's find her house and call her in the middle of the night while jacking off this is a reasonable response and shows our moral integrity.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I dunno I kinda find the Internets immediate impulse to stalk and sexually harass any woman for the slightest justification more horrifying than funny

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ponce de Le0n posted:

She's not going to sleep with you dude.

Maybe not right away but I am filling out my IGN application as we speak

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hmmmmmm perhaps the cucked guy who registered to SA just to badmouth his ex is not the most reliable of sources

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

yeah not reading that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Jeet Christ why do people hate their own money and throw it away on stupid poo poo like this?

I dunno there are a lot of artists who work online and don't make a lot of money because of it and it seems a more reasonable way for them to support themselves than charging for a Web comic or jpg something.

That being said the fan artists and you tube video people using it are kind of lame.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

poo poo eating guy is still right lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FrostedButts posted:

How much longer until we have a tabloid publication equal for the video game industry?

It's called all video game media ever hth

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Upon a long reflection Zoe Quinn seems p. cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Upon a long reflection I don't think you know anything about Zoe Quinn or this whole situation at all except that she's a woman and gamers apparently don't like her so that means she must be the good guy because gamers are horrible.

Yeah, I thought this too. Turns out this is the one in fifty million case where that assumption is actually wrong because Zoe Quinn is in fact just as horrible as gamers.

You edited your post to make it less smarky and more reasoned and I respect that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Anita Sarkeesian is also p. cool

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

Anita is only lionized because of all the people who hate her, her actual videos are extremely boring and poorly done, as in first year college student quality. She also purposefully generates controversy by refusing to use any nuance what so ever, so her videos end up just coming off as extremely negative and nonconstructive.

So in summary she is p. cool glad we agree

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Anita is fine
Zoe is terrible
Phil Fish is terrible
Games Journalists are pretty universally terrible
Gamers are terrible

This is pretty much it yeah close thread goodnight everybody

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I don't get the whole "she is saying basic 1st year freshman feminism stuff" because if the arguments were so basic and obvious then the entire internet wouldn't explode whenever she says it.

It seems disingenuous to say that something is obvious if the act of saying it causes a multi year controversy.

Also, fart

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mulefisk posted:

She's basically the Bill O' Reily of gaming feminsim.

What does that even mean

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

She was cucking with a loofah

hot

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I've noticed IGn has no articles about Zoe Quinn or anything about this whole controversy

Is IGN the most unbiased gaming source?

I say yes

yes indeed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

Thinking dead woman's bodies are at all attractive to men,

You missed the point

quote:

or woman suffering as part of a narrative is bad even if it's necessary to help set the tone of the world the game is set in.

you missed the point

quote:

She also tends to misrepresent the intent of her actually reasonable critics like sex positive feminists who are more concerned with woman's sexual liberation (IE have strong female characters, who cares if they are hot or not) than viewing every hot woman in a video games as an assault on woman everywhere.

no she doesn't

Anyone who wants to say what Anita says is basic or obvious look at this here mother fucker right here missing the point like drat

Look at it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

phil fish is actually really cool, i am being 100% honest here

hmmm this dude with an Andy Kaufman picture for a twitter avatar is acting SO CRAZY and TERRIBLE let me type 1000s of words about how BADLY I DISLIKE him

I liked Phil Fish until I had to use a QR scanner for his game and I didnt have a phone with a QR scanner and it made me feel useless

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

You could actually try to explain "How I missed the point" when literally in her latest video she says dead woman in video games are only their for male gratification, because we know how big the necrophiliac gamer market is right?

No, she said the women are still explicitly sexualized even when dead goddamit dont make me serious post in GBS u mother fucker

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alexzandvar posted:

define "explicit sexualization", because I would think it would be really stupid to ruin the atmosphere of say a whorehouse or a beach by making every single female dead body look they like they are just dressed like a person walking on the street. She uses more than one example of dead prostitutes, how exactly would one explain away all the dead prostitutes in a video game look like they are just regular woman walking down the street when prostitutes by nature wear clothes to exaggerate their looks.

Hmmm I dunno maybe an ad campaign where the women are all in sexualized clothing or sexualized situations while being corpses while all the men in the campaign are normally dressed and in non-sexual situations like the exact specific example she used in the video you impossible shitdrinking mother fucker

You goddamn stupid mother fucker with your loving stupid shitloving face I hope you loving die

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Proteus4994 posted:

u mad as poo poo about video games

so mad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

I like how the background of the Vita is from a pedophile incest anime

How would you know?

*camera slows zooms in*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Azraelle posted:

But a dead body can still be sexualized. It can have attributes that we recognize as sexualized while not being attractive. Sex-positive feminism is a thing, but I believe Sarkeesians argument is the requirement for women to be sexualized to be allowed power, that is the power arrives only through sexual attractiveness, where sex-positive is about the right for people to embrace their sexuality without judgment, but not the requirement to do so for respect.

This is a good post

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

No that is using homoeroticism as farse get your terminology right god

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alexzandvar I challenge you to a fist fight irl pick the time and place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Brannock posted:

as is the fate of all gbs threads, this has instead of being a funny mock of zoe quinn, become a actual loving serious discussion on minority perspectives thanks to faggots like kiwi bigtree

glad to help

• Locked thread