Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I've been playing 1.5 thanks to this LP, and I've been able use warp drive to get to Monstro directly no problem. I've never heard about Monstro's appearance being random after the first time. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

Silegna posted:

In the video, they said they were pissed because they only gave Square rights to Tarzan for one game, then they did two.

It's more like they're being a bit anal with the use their IP and of the term game. Final Mix isn't different enough from KH1 vanilla to merit being called a second game.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Man, that Chain of Memories talk just brings back bad memories (Joke not intended). Almost every late game boss gave me hell, and was a brick wall for several weeks at a time each. The worst boss for me was the second loving battle with Vexen in Twilight Town. That loving shield pissed me off to no end. Didn't help that I didn't understand how the card system worked at that point, but still, that loving shield stopped me from playing for a few years. I hope that fight is less bullshit in Re:COM.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Actually, for the final world, there is a trick involving a certain room with certain enemies that summon more enemies that you could theoretically farm off of, but it's tricky.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Wait, you can freeze those bubbles to make them into platforms? I never knew that. :psyduck:
Also, in my now finished run, I found not one, not two, but three Wizard Relics, two of which just randomly dropped when I was farming the FM exclusive Heartless in Agrabah for Mythril materials. The RNG was being insanely generous to me.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
You can only skip the worlds in which you have sealed the Keyhole in World Terminus. So it's possible to be forced to do the Olympus and Atlantica rooms before you can progress if you don't seal their respective keyholes due to how they are optional worlds in this game.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
How many people here are aware that AGDQ will speed running a KH game tonight, at around 4 AM central? I thought I'd inform those who aren't aware.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I'm disappointed you didn't add the ice cream/clock tower counter in the days riff movies. :colbert: I'm trying to count the instances of the clock tower and ice cream appearing now.

Edit: Here's my count. Not including the credits (So nothing for video 7)

Video 1: Clock Tower: 8 Ice Cream: 9
Video 2: Clock Tower: 11 Ice Cream: 8
Video 3: Clock Tower: 9 Ice Cream: 8
Video 4: Clock Tower: 6 Ice Cream: 5
Video 5: Clock Tower: 4 Ice Cream: 2
Video 6: Clock Tower: 4 Ice Cream: 3
Total: Clock Tower: 42 Ice Cream: 35

Nameless Fool fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 20, 2015

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Don't forget the 3 month rule here for LPing new games. Also, I'm not holding my breath for KH3 to come any earlier than, say, 2017 at the soonest, given this series track record. (Unless there's info out there that says I'm full of poo poo)

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

Well, we know one entry that isn't winning the prize.

...don't say that. People will vote for it if you say that. That image is just... no.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
...here's a palate cleanser. http://imgur.com/jdLxUNo ...also, spoilers if you haven't seen the end of the Days "movie".

Nameless Fool fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 7, 2015

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
As one who has not really played much of the FF series, what makes Lightning so bad? I mean the FFXIII games look boring as hell to play, so I doubt I'll see it firsthand

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I was always a little put off by the Goofy "death" scene in this part. He's been hit by worse at this point, and he's one of the main characters of this series, so there is no real sense of drama when they go for the obvious fakeout death and no surprise when he comes back just fine. And then there's the obvious disconnect between gameplay and cutscenes when Sora doesn't even bother trying to use Cure to save Goofy...

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
So, Prythian, where are those effort posts you were talking about in today's video. :colbert:

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

ManlyGrunting posted:

In defense of Arcturus (though making fun of him is pretty great, keep doing what you all do) it was pretty smart to do the second visits on the left side before the right, since the left side ones are sort of the low point of the game and the land of dragons/Beasts Castle/Olympus ones are far better: it makes the pacing a lot better by sort of shuffling the lovely stuff right after the game's high point and then having the higher quality stuff later so that the game doesn't drag. So good job Arcturus, your weird world skipping ended up improving the LP.

That, or he wanted to be overleveled before he fought Xaldin. Not that I can blame him, because that boss can die in a fire.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I think it was brought up recently. I remember someone saying it was in one of the Re: CoM videos.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

More than likely I won't be playing that game for the thread and if you want to know why then I will be discussing it on my stream tonight when we continue the journey of Pek Jorkins in Knights of the Old Republic over here. The stream will start around 9pm central time.

Will you be posting a video of this for those that missed this stream? Also, what happened to the Persona 4 stream?

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I hit the mute button whenever I do Alantica in KH2. I dunno what I am going to do when the LP gets to it. I hope you guys talk really loudly over it in the cut version, because gently caress Alantica in KH2.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I am disappointed that there was no talk about the Pooh mafia in this video. That was the best part of the KH1 version of these videos. ...also, is it just me, or do the controls look a bit too lose in the Hunny Slider minigame?

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I think that story summary using "this guy" instead of character names also had a video. I'd link it, but it contains massive spoilers for the series. Also, Arcturus, what time do you typically record commentary? I was wondering if I could join a session if possible.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
Holy crap, did Arcturus actually use Thunder to end a battle instead of waiting forever? Is he actually learning? ...I don't know what to say.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I believe the Roxas vs. Riku fight scene was NOT in the original KHII. Which I wish it was, because it would make sense.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
So your cramming Data Xemnas in with Lingering Sentiment/Terra in one video? Also, Prythian, where's that list of commands for the Zexion fight that you mentioned in episode 57?

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
I wonder what would fit the Data Xigbar right, considering that was a bit of a comedy of errors as well...

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

Hey there everyone, I just thought I would drop by and see if I could run an idea by the thread and hopefully get some thoughts on it. I am considering creating a streaming schedule, but I'm not exactly sure how to go about it. Right now what I'm thinking about doing is having something that looks a little this.

1. Monday & Tuesday @ 10pm cst: I'm A Superhero Now! (Possible Games: Infamous, Infamous 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, X-Men Legends, X-Men Legends 2, Saint's Row 4)
  2. Wednesday & Thursday @ 10pm cst: Action League Now! (Possible Games: Devil May Cry collection, Resident Evil collection, Shinobi, Metal Gear collection)
  3. Friday @ 10pm cst: Turn-based Terror! (RPG night)
  4. Saturday - Sunday @ 3pm: Turn-based Terror cont'd (More RPGs)

Let me know what you think because I would really like to hear from you guys. As for tonight, I was thinking of continuing the Persona 4 stream that we started a ways back because I seriously need to finish that game. It will be starting at 11pm cst.

That... seems like a lot to do in a week each week. You might burn yourself out fast doing a daily stream AND record an LP at the same time. Maybe cut it down to a few days a week at first, to see what is doable?

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

Cancel that last idea. Streaming just won't work out for me.
I think I will just hold off on starting this until next week.

Yea, it might be best as a lot of people are going to be watching SGDQ. Twitch will be devoting a lot of it's resources for that, and smaller streams will likely suffer from that. On top of Twitch's usual crappiness.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
If I remember correctly, weren't the Aladdin sequels at least semi-decent?

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

GMArcturus posted:

No worries. I'm just glad that I wasn't the only one that noticed that I was finally proven right about DDD HD from way back during this year's E3.

When Nomura said he was disappointed that 3D didn't have a HD remake, being the odd one out, I knew one was coming eventually. It was a matter of when. I felt it would of been after KH III's release, or fairly close to it's release.

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
https://twitter.com/chori_ksm/status/684310048080703488

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008
It's sad to see this thread is almost over. It's been one heck of a journey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Fool
Aug 29, 2008

Rahonavis posted:

Since the thread isn't closed yet, how about some crappy comics?

You need data roxas droning on and on about poo poo we already know and it would be perfect.

• Locked thread