Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That seems like a good way to get your tits burned off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

I'm sure you could find a female libertarian... somewhere.

I met one once. It was a struggle to not just scream at her that if her ideals were taken to their logical limit she'd quickly be dead or worse, being an out of shape, medication dependent, unattractive person with no assets or real skills. Basically the only difference between her and other libertarians I've met was gender.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Small Frozen Thing posted:

An artist on 4chan's /tg/ once made this in response to the request "an admech priestess with her robes open and nothin on underneath :pervert:"

And that's really the last word on female AdMechs imho

Nothin on underneath indeed. Where did those legs go?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

What about hamster ball?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xziKVv2yQJU

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol @ calling kingdom death 'sex-positive'

What, it's positive it wants sex, or is that not what that means? :v:

Kwyndig fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 6, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Exactly
Why would a Spartan be horrified by their modern equivalent

They probably wouldn't like the gay bashing though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That entire picture is pretty :nws: as well as :wtf:

I mean, is that disk thing in the back center supposed to be so...vaginaesque?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked the Robocop reboot... but it will never be as good as the original Robocop.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pretty much all the Space Crusade stuff looks like trash, but the Warzone figures are so insanely inconsistent in their sculpts, even in the same armies. At least none of them (except for a few Dark Legion models) have their tits out, but several are wearing thighhighs and combat loincloths, which for a game about corporate warfare in the future set against a backdrop of NotChaos evil is just mindboggling.

The Demigods line is all poo poo though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Eh, Warzone, even more so than 40k, was influenced and based on stuff like 2000AD, Ronin and other 80's/90's comics. The sort of scuzzy punk rock hooker meets oppressive gaskmasked corporate overlords vibe was very central to that whole style.

I'm not a big fan of the titsmarines, but I do like the bikers, if they're reasonably priced I might pick some of them up for my FFoKF 80's themed street gang.

Yeah thinking about it you're right. I was just so skeeved out by some of those Space Crusade pictures my brain jumped into super critical mode.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Weathering looks fake but otherwise cool?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Atlas Hugged posted:

Isn't it a bit more complex than that? I was under the impression that Harmony Gold, who owned Macross, and FASA both licensed the designs from the same company. Or at least FASA thought they had. Harmony Gold have may been the exclusive holder and FASA had no idea it was infringing. This was fine for years until Harmony Gold caught wind of it, possibly because of FASA's own aggressive protection of the designs, and decided to put the legal boot to FASA. This lead to a years long legal dispute between FASA and Harmony Gold which FASA simply didn't have the money or expertise to deal with. In the end, it was easier to remove the designs from future publications.

You do not want to get into that can of worms.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I bet if you flip it over, it's just one giant swastika on the bottom.

I will never understand people and their use of Germanic images (particularly Nazi Germany iconography) in games that don't even have a Germany.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

What about those that use American images?

Bad too. Not quite as reprehensible but still inappropriate.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The modern Luftwaffe specifically uses a rounded edge cross called a Roundel. Those are not Roundels unless that guy is a poo poo painter (which he is, but come on).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

signalnoise posted:

Who the gently caress is sculpting this

New meaning to sticking your neck out

That's a terrible Popeye figure, his arms aren't even the right shape :v:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't decide if this one is referencing Metropolis or Spaceballs.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Mr. Squishy posted:

Lol that they're selling those things as "outsider art"

That's not how that works!

God I hate people who use that term.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah, that's about the level of quality you get from mass-produced prepaints. I'm not surprised except for how terrible the sculpt is.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Moola posted:

BEEP BEEP!

Is this an original OGRE? Don't think I've seen an OGRE mini in forever.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nebalebadingdong posted:

What exactly does it...do?

An OGRE? It's a cybernetic self aware tank designed to fight tactical scale nuclear wars.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Oh my god its a real kickstarter!?

That's just for new ABS plastic minis. They used to produce cast metal miniatures for the game line, but those are long out of print.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

OGRE is only a 70's game in the sense that the first edition came out in the 70's. It's one of Steve Jackson's pet projects so the rules are actually fairly solid.

Also, again, this is only a minis KS, the actual OGRE kickstarter made nearly a million dollars and financed the production of an enormous box of stuff for backers as well as convinced them to pull the trigger on production of 6th edition.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Personally I think they went overboard on the Designer's Edition, but like most wargames you do need a good chunk of space to store and play it in, yeah.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JcDent posted:

Cut the dreadnaught legs off, put a rhino down there?

Turret Dread? What is this, Armored Core???

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rkajdi posted:

On top of the breasts exposed for our pleasure and the BDSM fetish poo poo, why did this guy put all his diorama figure on obvious bases? I mean, you're not going to play a game with them, so why not glue them directly to the scenery instead of those awful bases?

Who says he's not?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are a couple of different cleaning chemicals that can remove paint from minis, yeah. Which one you need depends on the underlying material, as what's good for metal might just plain dissolve your plastic mans.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

PantsOptional posted:

IIRC the short version of it is that GW needed to bring to court a bunch of images of the products that Chapterhouse was allegedly infringing on, and they just straight up didn't.

That's... the most incompetent thing I've heard of in a civil trial.

Well, other than the time John Fogerty was accused of committing copyright infringement against himself.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I still find it hard to believe the GW got as big as it did while just calling things "Space Marines" and "Elves" while not expecting people to just rip them off wholesale.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Moola posted:

jesus how young are you???

I got reliable dial up back in... I think it was 1995. Amazon wasn't a thing yet but you could still shop online and read about nerd stuff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, this looks like an actual human being, IN MY WARHAMS?

JcDent posted:

Lol mantic.

In other news, GIRLYMAN LIVES!

Horrible, just horrible

Ah, much better. :v:

But seriously, the first one looks like a design for a character in a movie or something where a real live human would have to at least do the mocap (in other words, a well designed nerd statue), while the new one looks like something Blizzard rejected for the next WoW expansion for having too many fiddly bits.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chill la Chill posted:

I'd like to point out that you're wrong here since Jojo's bizarre adventure exists. But, GW writing and art could never really come close to the writing and fashion sense of Hirohiko Araki so you'd be right.

You forget that Jojo is also about insanely convoluted oneupmanship, sometimes involving italian food. Honestly almost every fight in Jojo is one guy is invincible, other guy figures out how to beat him anyway (except for in a few cases where Araki just straight up murdered characters for extra pathos), but it's entertaining to watch (or read).

Which is not something I can say for anything GW itself has put out (the video games are okay).

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah just going by the (non)scale of things in specialty games I can't imagine Primarchs being over ten feet, they wouldn't be able to get around inside ships and stuff.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

mango sentinel posted:

Yeah he's in the leaks and looks real good.

That actually does look good, within the Warhams aesthetic.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

You have your squire draw your sword for you, of course. Actually since this is 40k there's probably a skull robot that does it for you. What are those called, servitors?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aren't Orks immune to the Warp? That would neuter most of the combat power of his holyness and probably put him on even footing with a strong warboss.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

For some reason sloths go to the ground to poop, it's where most of them die in the wild. Not completely related, but now I'm imagining beholders as sloths in personality and you can't stop me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

EVIL Gibson posted:

Just looked it up and... they did. Short story short, it goes out the same way it came in.

Spoiler because ... what

Once the nutrients and oxygen provided by the fluid are completely consumed, the waste liquid drains back into the beholder’s cavernous maw. It is then expelled or, more often, it dribbles out in a constant stream of foul-smelling drool. A beholder that goes without food grows more lethargic as its body begins to dry out. Anything a beholder finds indigestible is either vomited back up and spat out or slowly absorbed into the lining of its stomach and eventually embedded in the inside surface of its “skeleton.”

The digestion takes a tour through the lungs as well because... I dunno.

Okay, there actually are 'one hole' organisms but most of them aren't very big. Sending food or digestive products or worst of all waste into the lungs is a recipe for disaster though. Lungs are very sensitive to damage from solid matter because pretty much everything with lungs needs more oxygen than a simple robust lung structure would allow, so they're full of delicate branches of modified circulatory tissues with the physical integrity of wet paper.

Which is extra dumb if you bring up the magic angle, because dragons are equally magical and they don't poo poo at all.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

JackMann posted:

I'm reminded of a story from the Reaper minis board.

Dude there was talking about the time he was painting a model train caboose with an alcohol-based acrylic paint, and, as I recall, hit it with some weird sealer or other. About five minutes later, it burst into flames.

Chemistry is fun but I can't imagine what they were possibly using that would generate that much heat that didn't have a warning label to not do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chill la Chill posted:

I'm just hoping most people who want to buy that blister want it for the girl, so I can hopefully snag that sweet crab bot cheap.

Hell yeah that crab bot looks good. Nice solid stance, good detail, as long as those claws don't get bent or something in shipment that's a good little robot.