Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Well, if all they sell is creepy poo poo then they will keep making that. Vote with your dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Lol, 7:25 in that video.

And that chimera :stare:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Because red/white/black make excellent contrasts to the dark blue-green of DE vehicles.

Red/black and yellow/black is also a very common color for many poisonous reptiles and insects. Its nature's way of saying "stay the gently caress away!". In fact its so effective that other, harmless animals have adopted the color scheme so predators would leave them alone.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

With 40k, I get that there might be a holdover effect, but it seems like it really seems to limit creative stuff people could do, and makes some of the new kits a little strange. Maybe instead of going with the base size = size profile, they could have a couple of iterations of size profiles and then just note which size profile a model is, in their rules?

That would imply GW gives a poo poo about their actual game.

As for thinning your paints, just put some paint on your palette and use the blunt end of your brush to pick up a drop of water and mix it in the paint.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 21, 2014

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

loving 'hams

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

I wonder who buys this one for 50 pounds. It might serve as a keeper of secrets, but then you're spending almost gw-bux on a non-gw product that Gw stores won't let you play and goons will assume that you masturbate to it.

Why is this still an argument against using non-GW miniatures (badly sculpted tits and penises aside)?

GW stores are now one-man stores with only a tiny table or two for demo games and they don't organize events any more. Who gives a poo poo if GW won't "allow" you to play with non-GW models?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Looks like somethin out of Machinarium

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Is that an actual thing from official fluff?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

You must not have followed the fantasy thread.

ro5s posted:

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, drat you! God drat you all to hell!"

*camera pans to Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition*

I chuckled :unsmith:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

I kind of miss your effortposting. How's everyone taking the points-less wonder? How is it supposed to be balanced anyway?

Badly. It... isn't? Who the gently caress knows. At this point we're migrating to better games anyway.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Colonial Air Force posted:

Fictional Soviet commissars at that, as real commissars did not actually do that. It was propaganda the Nazis stated and after the war, the West had no reason to debunk it.

Yeah well I saw this documentary starring Jude Law that totally says that they did :colbert:

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I went hog wild

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

KingFisher posted:

http://russian-alternative.ru/ come pretty close to what modern style bighats would be.

Was gonna post this

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Sorry, but that dragon owns

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Frobbe posted:

someone decided this looked good:

count the ways it's terrible (the work itself is great, it's the idea that's bad)

How the hell does it not fall over? Those things on its back rocks on the base must weigh a lot.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

https://instagram.com/p/-Ozl_6CzL_/

Bad drybrush, bad primer or both?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I think its a "there are no russian troops in Crimea" joke.

E:

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 27, 2015

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

Infinity is pretty great. I wish I was a good enough painter to play.

Thats.. not how Infinity miniature wargames work. It doesn't say in the rulebook you need to be Angell Giraldez to play.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

Considering that some ham contests require you to have put at least three colors on the minis (wash don't count), it's probably really hard to get fuckers to paint.

...and of those who paint, a good percentage end up in this here thread.

Are you saying that most players don't have more than two colors in their paint collection :confused:
How hard can it be? One color on the gun, one color on the clothes and one color on the skin?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

LoG posted:

Ummm most players I know don't have one color of paint.

Sorry I come from a warhammer background where its expected that you spend two hours per day painting tiny mans and glueing miniature grass on their base. It didn't occur to me that a lot of wargame players don't even own a brush.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Dude, third ship from the left

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Infinity as well

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

spectralent posted:

Really? We measured stuff in that when we played. I really can't imagine it changes a hell of a lot given that all weapons have ranges that can be boiled down to "If you can see it, you can shoot it", with the change being the modifier.

Eh, depends what you are measuring. Pre-measuring movement and weapon ranges are a no-no since, with the order mechanic, it would slow down the game when one player insists on planning all ten orders spent ramboing up the field.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Looks like one of those toys from the original Toy Story movie.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I don't see the problem. That's literally a unit called "bloodworms" in an army of nightmare monsters.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Not getting anything new, and spending the little spare time I have trying to refurbish the old stuff I got.

married with kids

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

DRIVE ME CLOSER!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Coward posted:

Is that you on his chest?

I giggled.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Some not-High Elves Sky cutter chariots from this years ETC tournament.

Though tbf, they were removed from the table by the judges.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

At least its a true representation of the table top game.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Those are all awesome except that three-titted thing.

E: technically of course

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Where exactly are those boosters from?

The valkyrie kit

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is Fat Bloke up to anything gaming related these days?

I believe he is one of the founders of Warlord! games and co-wrote Bolt Action.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Back in the day, a Blood Angels army could field Death Company with jump packs if the Chaplain was given a jump pack. There were no official models for this, but it was an easy enough conversion. Having not looked at a Blood Angels codex in years, I'm curious how far down the rabbit hole this goes. Would GW not even include an option for a visually distinct unit upgrade if they didn't provide a model for it, or is something minor like that without official model support still included in the books?

Ask a Tyranid player.

E: IIRC, every single unit that didn't have a model by the time the last codex arrived, was simply deleted from the list.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 2, 2017

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

SRM posted:

As much as I'd like to read a story about Dullard Krump, noted Bad Moon warboss who poo poo himself to death after building a wall to keep the grots out, I have a feeling that level of bite is gone from GW. While we won't see things like the Dark Angels being one big gay joke anymore, there are some drawbacks to GW being as corporate and controlled as it is with its IP.

Immortan Drumpf from Hasslefree

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

Great use for a Dreadknight.

Interesting to see hams get generified, instead of generic minis being used for Hams.

That's what happens when people already have tons of GW minis but realize the game is poo poo

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

JcDent posted:

Never
Paint
Eyes

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

You forgot the hacker

She has a disease that is common on the Nomads ship where a child affected will stop growing into adulthood, but they can totally do grown up stuff you guys :shepface: