Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I don't know, it needs more skulls to be 40k. I mean, even plain battlefield is made of skulls with a thin layer of earth on top :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

gmm studios represent

"It's OK to paint Nazi stuff on your fantasy tanks as long as there's no swastikas! :downs:"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

"It's just a flesh wound :black101:"

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

The guy has other armies also painted in the Nazi fetish style.
Pics/links?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Darren MacLennan posted:

Happy ending: I got better.

I want one. Where can I buy these?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Shadeoses posted:

Now I want to see an entire Guard army painted in vibrant Armyman green, with wash and highlights.

...playing against plastic army men painted realistically to an awesome level.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
New example of modern art. Who says wargaming minis can't be painted with a roller and an oil can?

(also note the unique track configuration)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I really hope someone's deliberately trolling warhams with these. :magical:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

muggins posted:

Saw this in the wild at my flgs

At least it isn't a dildo :v:

(or is it? :ohdear:)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

"Warhammer 40k Tyranid Tervigon conversion"

Last time I was on a 40k tournament I saw a coconut with legs. I thought it was bad. I stand corrected.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Do you have a picture of that?
No. Imagine a small coconut with a Tyranid head and tiny legs. No modeling fleshy sacs or gaunts coming out of them. Of course unpainted (the plastic bits were badly stripped too IIRC). It looked like someone started with some conversion idea, but gave up halfway through and said "gently caress it, it's good enough for a proxy".

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Verisimilidude posted:

Did...did he sculpt a vagina onto that model?

AND WHY IS NO ONE IN THAT THREAD COMMENTING ON IT!?

I hope it's because they're embarassed, an equivalent of quietly shuffling away so as not to be seen with him.

(Yes, I realize I'm probably wrong :()

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SRM posted:

I -think- this is supposed to be a Knight. I'm counting at least three different bases involved on this model:

I think those decaled plates are made of Warmaster bases. Which would make at least 6 different base *sizes* on that model :psyduck:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
That's a good pic, now finish the pre-shading and start painting. Good early WIP.

...you aren't saying that's supposed to be a finished paintjob... right? :ohdear:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SRM posted:

A $50 paintjob featuring airbrush over black primer.
You know, I've seen "I have a tournament and need to paint a whole army to a simple yet nice tabletop level in a week" armies that looked waaay nicer than that and were done by a single amateur in a week of evenings and one whole weekend. What the gently caress.

...that reminds me, I gotta finish the commission for this weekend :v:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 9, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Baron Snow posted:

Was it Blue Table or someone else that was using actual sweat shop labor to do it's painting?

Blue Table.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

But we've already established they are poo poo stains, let's not derail the thread by arguing about the color.
I'd say they are the old half-dried Snakebite Leather from a screw-top pot, with a touch of Thraka Green full of pigment flakes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
An awesome idea ruined by not casting bases in dark chocolate so everything's edible :(

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
While we're talking about weird counts-as, someone link the Flames of War army modeled as target silhouettes and inflatable tank decoys.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 12, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

parabolic posted:

In a similar vein, the boxiness reminded me of these narco tanks from Mexico.

Needs glyphs and some red paint. Also, more dakka.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Hey guys do you know this Infinity game which has amazing models and their the best and

guys?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

jadebullet posted:

Are her arms wrapped around the poles?

Yes, they're the "ribbons" :gonk:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Thread's favorite painting studio, new episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ichEg98nA8

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

Hey! Infinity does a good job staying away from boob windows.
What about bare midriffs on fully suited minis?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

YF19pilot posted:

Yeah, it takes a real professional with a whole studio to churn out flawless whites.

They're only claiming they're flawless, keep watching.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Swags posted:

He wants a black-skinned drow, with a black eye patch, wearing black armor, using black-metal weapons.

Sounds like a job for the Blue Table Painting studio! :haw:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Does anyone make "proper" female slaves anyway? That is, not titty harem models but malnourished wretches in rags/chains, that you'd possibly see run in chains after an evil army.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Dark_Eldar/DARK-ELDAR-TANTALUS.html

No Nazi flag inspiration at all. Completely accidental :rolleyes:

I realize that scheme is often parodied as shorthand for "evil oppressive regime", but come on, we've got enough Nazi imitators in the hobby as it is, they don't need encouragement.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

goons posted:

you're wrong wtf were you thinking
I admit it's farfetched, but as TheInvisiblePooka posted, we do have an actual Nazi problem. Without that, the Evil Empire color scheme might be just a cute reference.

Oh, and I found this guy:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/WH40kEmpire/ar/t597.htm

It's worth a see because there's a lot more and everything's painted/modeled really well technically, well except the :godwinning:

quote:

Now before anybody gets upset I want to make it known that I do not want to offend anybody and I am not posting this to look for or incite any confrontation. I am not a Nazi, nor to I support anything it stands for, they were and are in their modern incarnations, evil and wrong.

In my mind, the Imperium are the Bad-Guys, and because of all the reasons above, and I wanted to model my army as such
...he says, and then goes to make a whole new chapter called The Master Race, with special rules and Nazi-inspired detailed fluff for every unit :doh:

It's like the Eldar rape diorama, officially he just wants to make a statement/provocative art but you can't help but wonder if he's not just a creep.

ed: And I find it really amusing that there's way more swastikas than on actual Waffen SS units :allears:

VVV: I know the Finnish markings, but "The Master Race" doesn't exactly leave room for misinterpretation.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 18, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I think you meant:

HiveCommander posted:

Because they have the purest geneseed, of course! :gizz:
...oh wait. :v:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Sorry for starting the derail :ohdear: have a peace offering:

CB's limited bounty hunter mini is awesome except two things - the awkward base extension and the anachronistic piece of wall support. So of course people make conversions: (slightly :nws:)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

JcDent posted:

Oh wow.
...still better than Caterans, tho.
What's the problem with Caterans? Realistically modeled lack of underwear or something?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What the hell is the medic holding in his hands?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I'm choosing to auto-fail my Discover roll :gonk:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
My eyes :gonk:

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Feel free to steal my Khador scheme:

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Len posted:

I like the Butcher scheme.
Yeah, the funny thing is that the Butcher is genuinely well painted, but then someone looked at the base and said "well I'm out of modeling snow, let's just put on some white paint on. With a broom."

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What's the basecoat for? Primer? Brightness? I can see tiny white borders on other bases, which doesn't help it.
I like the Pink Khador base flock, what's that? Crushed cork with "moss" mixed in?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

It's reasonably well-lit
Well duh, that's what the backpack candles are for.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Z the IVth posted:

Makes me wonder why I make robots and spaceships.
Because by your own admission you can't sculpt organics? :v: