Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I know this is all the way from the OP and I'm late to the party, but holy poo poo I just spent like a solid hour laughing my rear end off at this.

What in the gently caress happened.

I choose to deep strike... a retarded dwarf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Iron Crowned posted:

He's like on like 5 pages. So minor that Peter Jackson replaced him with a moth in the movie.

Then decided to give him a lot of time I'm the first Hobbit movie for reasons. I can't slam for the other two Hobbit movies because I had no desire to see them.

The "reason" was because they wanted another wizard, mostly for merchandise, but Tolkien didn't really give them many to work with.

Business Gorillas posted:

the third one was literally a 2.5 hour warhammer fantasy battle

I remember thinking the first hobbit movie was so good and so promising compared to LOTR, but drat, 3 was really bad and shouldn't have been done.

I highly recommend the "there and back again" fan edit. It cuts out all the bullshit that wasn't in the book and gets it down at a single very long movie instead of 3 unnecessary films to make money.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pash posted:

The Hobbit movies were okay, but not particularly amazing. The one thing I really hated was the decision to keep Smaug alive at the end of the second movie only to kill him in the first 5-10 minutes of the third... Why the hell did you not just wrap that up in the second? It would have been a much better ending of movie 2...

Yeah that was a huge failing. As soon as Smaug died I was like "really? Already?"

Should have been two films instead. Cut out all the pointless stuff with Evangeline Lilly and just get right to smaug and the battle of the five armies at the end of 2.

Also breaking it into 3 movies meant the transition from movie 1 Thorin (I don't trust you, Bilbo! You're no warrior!) to movie 2 Thorn (Bilbo, you saved us all, you wondeful hobbit. You're truly my friend) to movie 3 Thorin (I AM THE KING OF THE MOUNTAIN, gently caress you Bilbo!) was really jarring. They made him look like a real jackass.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Master Twig posted:

I don't remember where, but I heard someone say that once the third movie is out on video, that someone will be able to take the three movies and edit them down in to one 3-4 hour movie that is actually good.

Its already been done, and I talked about it in this very thread. Its called the "there and back again" cut, and its really good.

It does other cool things with editing too. Rather than opening Hobbit 1 with Smaug attacking Laketown (which chronologically makes sense but not thematically) the movie opens on the shire (just like the book does) and then fills in the story of laketown later when the Dwarves are singing about it. Other changes like that.

https://ahobbitsholiday.wordpress.com/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Toy Freddy? :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah, that's about the level of quality you get from mass-produced prepaints. I'm not surprised except for how terrible the sculpt is.

Yeah, if you look at like, Mage Knight miniatures, the paint jobs are preeeeeeetty awful. Because its sweatshop labor painting in a hurry.

Ugleb posted:

People actually buy this over unpainted? Holy crap.

As ugly as it is, it looks better than a field of solid grey plastic. From a distance it looks much more reasonable, and you can always paint over it again if you want.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Len posted:

And go into a thread with quality things? That will ruin my self esteem. I want to at least try a few more things before I venture into a real thread.

You want to practice painting well, not practice painting poorly.

Don't worry; there's TONS of lovely painters in the painting thread :)

I used to suck at painting but honestly if you learn a few tricks and the right approach it makes your stuff look 1,000x better. I'm not winning any golden demon awards or anything, but I'm happy with my dudes now, where the guys I painted when I was younger were just embarassingly ugly.

Harvey Mantaco posted:

My wife always plays the blood sorcerer lady and gets pissed off because it's like someone applied her makeup with the makeup shotgun from the simpsons. She's wanting to learn how to paint models just so she can fix it.

So the story has a happy ending!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

This is too loving good

I love the idea of Orks trying to be sneaky and misspelling things horribly like the chic-fil-a cows

'Eat mor hooman'

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Nebalebadingdong posted:

hey how come no one sells disembodied resin breasts the same way you can get heads and arms? seems like a fortune to be made there

Especially if GW is de-sexifying the slaanesh models, that's a gap in the market! You're on to something :cheeky:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LordAba posted:

No, market gaps are an entirely different thing.

Pretend I said "untapped market" loving christ

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

That many lasguns could probably put on a pretty killer laser light show

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

mango sentinel posted:

I like the Mastodon :smith:

I think it looks a little derpy but I still like it in spite of that.

JcDent posted:

No red paintjob?

ED:

Sometimes, eBay makes me feel better about my painting skills

And I'm guessing these were listed as "pro-painted"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Wazzu posted:

But those hands aren't tiny at all!

It seems a bitch to base, but then again, a floating naked slack jawed Donald Trump miniature leading your force does get the point across.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Moola posted:

BEEP BEEP!

I love the contrast between the cast-metal treads and the blocky polygonal....whatever that is.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Moola posted:

I think its a potato?

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU1Bwu_xQS4

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah I wanted to get dark souls for the minis because the models look pretty great, but man the rules did not appeal to me at all. The combat sounds awfully tedious.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Hahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I can't stop loving laughing at this what the gently caress

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I thought I was doing well then I got to the face.

"Where we're going we don't need eyes to see."

Faces are very hard to paint. Eyes are extremely hard to paint and I would honestly skip them. You can get away with just having dark shadows where they eyes should be; from a distance people won't notice.

Just take the face all basecoated peach and then shade it, and then maybe add a little highlight and call it a day. Way better results, way easier to do.

If you are gonna paint the eyes, you need a smaller brush, thinner paint, and probably some kinda table to brace your arms against.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

That pose reminds me of Stealy from Rick & Morty

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

JcDent posted:

Well, I just watched the video, now I'm unsure of where the joke was going, since it changed directions a few times, I think? Please explain in spoiler tags.

Its not really like high art or anything. Its just a mix of "SO RANDOM" that the kids think is the height of humor these days, combined with playing with genre expectations and just pushing it further and further into the unexpected and uncomfortable. Basically Tim and Eric stuff.

The joke is it just keeps going and the song never ends or resolves. At first it looks like its just gonna go on the same, but then it starts changing a lot. Then there's further meta-humor and fourth-wall-breaking because the one creepy rapist guy keeps showing up in every skit and then everything ends horribly.

But there's not really anything to "get" its just a video that's playing with expectations to surprise you and make you a little uncomfortable.

I laughed at it a bit the first time just seeing how far they'd take it but its not really all that funny.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

VolatileSky posted:

Isn't this just samus aran, least going by the suit colour? And if she had a gigantic forehead. Some greenstuff potential for fixing that at least.

Combat Stripper might not be so bad if she were painted with wearing a glove suit instead of bare skin. Maybe. But these are infinity so it's not exactly surprising content.

....what?

"This character is blue, therefore she's just Samus Aran"

....what

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Feeple posted:

These were just released this month. Or is that :thejoke:?

The 6 crying faces makes me think that just maybe that post was sarcastic

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

loving :lol: "Dan D."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cat Face Joe posted:

GREATER GOOD HERO KAIS'LA "THE GAMER"

edit: whole site is a gold mine.
https://wargameexclusive.com

There's a naked Tau lady on that website in particular that we've made fun of in the 40k thread many, many times

They have some okay sculpts but then 50% of it or more is ladies in bikini armor or completely naked.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

It's frustrating because they have a bunch of good stuff like the Ork bitz and Imperial Cars, which I kind of want but not at the expense of supporting a company that makes awful titty figures.

JcDent posted:

I'm totally gonna get one of those Imperial Cars for my FLGS as soon as I have money for terrain.

Then I'll get their cataphrons, because they look better and are cheaper.

I want one of their Cult Limos really, really bad. Its the perfect old school GSC limo, with crazy good details.

Have yet to pull the trigger though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

and they put the shoulder pads on the wrong way.

Ahahaha I didn't see it at first, that's so goofy

Looks like vegeta