Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That Nurgle Pred is rad because it reminds me of this:

(I am aware this is the wrong thread for this pic...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Dammit Raging Heroes, you almost made a good model but then you chained some nekkid ladies to it:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

On a related furry note, I just realised that these guys 'Cyber Animals' are essentially just Battle Beasts: http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/cyber_animals.html

Not sure if they belong in this thread or not...

vs

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Fighting Tigers of Veda are always an inspiration.

The inspiration is to actually shade your loving space barbies!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

working mom posted:

:wtc: GW. do you have a link to the original model? or a name, its weird looking anyway at that angle

Cawl from the new Imperium Triumvirate - https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Gathering-Storm-Triumvirate-of-the-Imperium

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Could be worse, she could be using them to reload

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Don't forget that GW also went mental and started other spurious lawsuits like claiming sole ownership over the term 'Space Marine' which resulted in them attempting a C&D against a sci fi book called 'Spots the Space Marine'. That went against them and in true Streissand effect fashion sales of the book soared.

It must also be stated for the record that Chapterhouse didn't get away completely scot-free as a number of their models were judged to infringe on GW's IP. Something like 25% of GW's claims were successful iirc.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

That old Space Marine commander set is pretty drat awesome as it has a ton of extra bits you can distribute throughout your army to make unique sergeants, command squads, etc. Definitely worth picking up if you want to pimp out your army.

New one is horrifically overpriced even by GW standards, don't get it. Note it's 'only' £18 not £24 as stated earlier. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Marine-Captain

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LordAba posted:

Not a mini yet but:

Bang-Bang and Mr Milky.

Renders of the minis have been unveiled

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

GW has experimented with larger scales before but this really takes the cake

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

goatface posted:

Where's Gromit?

At the front of the base.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Since we're apparently doing bad dread conversions now, have one of mine:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Welp, apparently I need to work on the dread some more. Guess it'll be my 'rescue' mini for the oath thread at some point.

Fathis Munk posted:

Also hah, is that a batman logo on the leg or is that an actual 40k thing. Did you have a batmarine army? :v:

The latter. My 'original the chapter do not steal' back in early 3rd ed was the Hellbats, haven't played em for like a decade +.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And here I was thinking Corvus Belli were meant to have been improving their game. Check out this totally suitable for the warzone outfit:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Mama mia thatsa one spicy heresy!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I can bring you pictures of girlymarines - http://epicstream.com/features/Disney-Princesses-Reimagined-As-Warhammer-40K-Space-Marines?fbrefresh=1491948247

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

So, this is apparently a thing someone made:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JcDent posted:

And Salamanders aren't black, they're black.

Only in bad fluff :colbert:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's a power sword, it disintegrated all the blood that was on it.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nebalebadingdong posted:

i guess these are just regular bad

I think you mean regular :krad:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Thanks for this, I found em on eBay and they'll be joining the sallies after a dip in the dettol :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Soulfucker posted:

You didn't get the second guy from the left, the one most in need of a rehab :(

Nah, I have enough Tacticals, needed more Assaults for the Battle Company I'm gradually working towards.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I see Corvus Belli aren't getting any better. From their next wave of releases:

Cool looking Merc Sniper

Cool looking Knife Man

Cool looking Sword Man

Combat Stripper

Tits McGee talking on her phone as she goes to meet her girlfriends at the mall

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

If it 'helps', the only human is the middle one. The other two are sexbots and can have things like rubber spines. Those probably aren't clothes, just part of the design.

(OK they're technically not 'sexbots' but they are humaniform androids with AIs, 'Chee' in universe)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jul 26, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Weirdo posted:

Oh goddamnit, I think that's a reference to an old anime about a guy and his robot girlfriend, which isn't too surprising considering the rest of infinity.

'Chi' from Chobits. In the future boys will be boys and girls will be robots.

It's possibly a coincidence but most likely a reference.

Though to be fair the 'Chee' term is used for all AI driven robot things including adorable Bonaparte-Esque mini tanks and not just sexbots.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LashLightning posted:

The demon lady is from Hasslefree, but I think the dude is a 'conversion'.

Nope he's part of the mini. It's a very old limited edition from them.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Moola posted:

oh hey its Boba Fetish

FTFY

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's frustrating because they have a bunch of good stuff like the Ork bitz and Imperial Cars, which I kind of want but not at the expense of supporting a company that makes awful titty figures.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I think we found a new mascot for Thin Your Paints

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Is it possible those guys are just highly WIP and the painter started with the swords?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I like 3rd party companies because they have a lot of original and inventive ideas.

Bonus points if it's available before the real one.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

https://hexy-shop.com/shop/sci-fi-miniatures/prusack-scourge-mortar/ for that tank. Bonus points achieved (the real one's just gone up for pre-order)

Hitech are getting in on the act too:

I get why some of these companies make alternative versions of figures with a slightly different aesthetic (or with tits in some cases) but I dunno why these guys are almost literally just ripping off GW's latest releases.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Atlas Hugged posted:

Well let's hope it results in women being represented equally. If it stops at a handful of female characters then there's no real change. Sisters as a faction without boob armor would be another step up, but again not necessarily addressing one of the larger problems (women CAN'T be marines).

They have themselves 3 years. Let's see what happens.

Wrong thread brah :)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JcDent posted:

What's this three years stuff anyways?

Bistromatic posted:

Y'all!

New GW might actually be honestly good. I wans't prepared for this.

(from another thread)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

So I was reading through the older posts in this thread and got to the Blue Table Painting stuff, and thought 'I wonder what they're up to now'.

Looks like they haven't changed their ways, this is in their portfolio as a 'coll conversion':

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

While it's been fun mocking the breastwomen it's time to moove on.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Exinos posted:

Can't trust someone that does not have a childhood history of x-acto wounds and super gluing their fingers together.

Sounds like it's time to share this again

https://imgur.com/gallery/h4VGOxy

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

moths posted:

Where did these Paranoia miniatures come from?

They look like Crooked Dice's non-Spectrum guys, but I think the majority are OOP now. http://www.crooked-dice.co.uk/wp/product-category/02-heroes-and-allies/page/4/

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Saw this in the 40k thread and felt it belonged here:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

"as an adult I don't have access to the disposable income or free time I had as a child" :thunk:

I can see this being true in some cases. Kids have boatloads of free time compared to someone in full time employment, and quite a lot of them have parents who'll just buy them anything to keep em quiet.