Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

aphid_licker posted:

It's kinda wild how hard it is to find a non-titty monster tabletop mini of a woman. I've been shopping around for a new system to get into so I've been looking at a lot of model ranges and yikes.

I don't know about systems and games, but dark sword minis are pretty tame. Though they do seem to be very 80s style sculpt in that they all look like the cover of 2nd edition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Z the IVth posted:

They're also not terribly good considering the prices they charge!

The technical aspect of the sculpting is competent enough but a lot of the poses are flat, bland and uninspiring.

That was part of the 80s design I mentioned. Most of their stuff reads like Keith Parkinson set writ to sculpture. It's a near concept, it all just kinda blends together.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Nebalebadingdong posted:

finally. the 1.5mm space marine!

I'm just annoyed that you managed to throw an edge highlight on the pauldron.

There's flexing and then there's whatever you just did.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

smug jeebus posted:

Some dummy who was already playing the most busted army in 40k took some loaded dice to a tournament and tried to flush them when he got caught

This is a better outcome than the name initially indicated and I'm relieved it was cheating and not some wierdo 'praise nurgle' nonsense like that dude with his paints.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Painting partner" then? I don't watch too many youtubers.

Shame. You miss out on some absolute tea being spilled.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Jonny Nox posted:

Goobertown seems cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6Fh735lrA

still a weirdo though.

Dude has to be aware and leaning hard into the "he's got serial killer eyes and I bet he's got people chained up in his basement"

Then it came out he was a professional chemist and yeah, he's just being a weirdo.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Dark sword minis posted pictures of the prototype and master mini the casts are made from. Those things are covered in greenstuff.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Slyphic posted:

Every time I see a lovely tournament it has the same exact lovely bare MDF terrain pieces. Must suck for whoever made those that they've become the standard choice of rear end-looking tables world wide. Anyone ever seen one of those sets actually painted up and looking nice?

I've thought about getting some to paint them and see, the problem is I'm pretty sure that the wood is pourous so it'll like drink paint and primer. Also, the smooth flat surfaces are gonna look like poo poo, it probably looks better on textured and detailed pieces oke the me that make u smiths and taverns.

Of course, it probably needs a bit more work beyond painting because the distinct slot and tab design is super obvious.

But a quick google search shows some absolutely banger designs and, as this thread would love, some tragic decisions.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Wrong thread. That's awesome.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Panfilo posted:

I'll admit this is what it often comes down to when you have to paint like 80 of the little bastards for your toy armies if you're not super into the painting part of the hobby.

I'm guessing people with numerous ork/gaunt armies just dip the whole model upside down in the paint pot and go from there lol.

I'm pretty sure that dipping strategy is the origin story for Army Painter.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

That's one phrase for it yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Silhouette posted:

I hope someone figures out how to mod Balatro soon because I want that daemon prince to replace the normal joker card image for Chaos the Clown

It's already done. Skootie has been playing with modded cards for about a week now.