Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Safety Factor posted:

This guy rules. It kind of reminds me of a Norwegian troll.

That's so bad it's great.

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

Fearless fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Improbable Lobster posted:

Having more deodorant near 'hams would be a good thing IMO

Yeah but under their arms most of all, not on the table.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I wouldn't field those as Tau, but they do look pretty neat. I like 'em.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Apollodorus posted:

Plastic Empire halberdier, of course!

I have a box of those, still in the shrinkwrap.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

It looks like something from Advance Wars.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Joe_Richter posted:

Great, now I can't unsee that.

Any time!

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

NTRabbit posted:

THE FORTUNATE MAY HAVE TIME TO REPENT, EH?

Oh, no, Canada.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Speaking of alternative Chaos Dwarves, does anyone make a good Llamasu? That's the one model I wish I got when it was re-released with Storm of Magic. Love that ugly thing.

I might have an original metal one lying around if you're interested. I've got a fuckload of old 4th ed. Warhammer minis in boxes from when my brother and I played as kids.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Works great on paint, but it did a number on my hands. Use gloves unless you enjoy the skin peeling off your fingers for days.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Len posted:

How much was that old titan? Now they cost just a ridiculous amount t of money but did they always? Also are they worth the money in game? Like is a titan any good?

Titans can be utterly devastating in-game. Whether or not they are worth the cost is up to the user (as is pretty much anything else in this silly game). My reaver can push out eight strength D shots a turn; this can be horrendously powerful... but honestly, massed lascannon shots can be the equal or better of most superheavy weapons. The difference for titans is that they tend to be extremely durable, largely immune to most psychic attacks and have weapons that cannot be disabled.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Book With Legs is far and away the best familiar. I have him/her/it somewhere in one of my old warhammer boxes.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

ro5s posted:

Anyone able to identify all the bits to figure out what that monster costs?

You're probably looking at $500 CAD or more I think if everything was bought new. I see two landspeeders, a hunter, a hammerhead, an imperial knight, bits from a leman russ, either a wraithlord or a wraithknight, a space marine dreadnought and parts from a sentinel.

The hodgepodge of paintjobs suggests to me that these are ebay/kijiji/craigslist rescues, though.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

signalnoise posted:

Must be some kind of wizard

An Imperial one, based on the power armour.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

SteelMentor posted:

Actual answer: Poster back on Bolter & Chainsword who converted up a large army of Titty Marines/commissioned a -lot- of art of said Titty Marines. I can't seem to find any of the threads he started back on that board, I do remember he'd get hyper-defensive against any criticism and the mods had to keep locking his threads.

Doc Thunder, as I recall. He had a shitload of those things, all with green stuff breasts.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

The Sex Cannon posted:

oh for gently caress's sake

Something tells me that loving had very, very little to do with that product's development.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Wazzu posted:

Wasn't he supposed to be native american?

According to the lore, he was born in Turkey so probably not.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

potentiallycool posted:

Thought I would check in on Fighting Tigers of Veda and the blog is on hold till 8th ed of 40K comes out and gently caress me those minis still looks like poo poo. Dunno how someone cannot have improved since he started in the Rogue Trader days.

I think part of it is an obstinate refusal to acknowledge the existence of shading or highlights. And house paint applied with a trowel.

E: But hell, as hard on the eyes as the models are I can't fault the guy's enthusiasm. He seems to be genuinely happy with what he has and I salute him for it.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 31, 2017

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Hamshot posted:

It's ghost riders in the sides.

:perfect:

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Floppychop posted:

As long as shipping isn't crazy expensive I'd take them. Hell, I'd be happy if they were crammed into a padded envelope.

Your mailman, on the other hand....

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Screaming Idiot posted:

I think she prefers da toim "prahstatoot," buddy.

:golfclap: Brilliant.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

that imperator doesnt have rules. the biggest titan with rules is like half the size of that dumb thing and it costs 6000 points. all those knights are somewhere around 15-18000 points i guess? just looking at points values in battlescribe, i have no idea what the gently caress all those different variants are

That's a Warlord from a third party seller, not an Imperator. It's in the style of the Lucius pattern Warlords that featured in Epic 40k-- also, if it was an Imperator, it'd be markedly taller, feature a second row of back mounted weapons batteries and a large defense laser mounted in a central hardpoint on the back (from the top, the hard points on the upper carapace of an Imperator are arranged like the five pips on a die). The chassis alone is around 500 euros, with the weapons being bought as extras. I think the whole thing is worth around 700 euros or so.

I haven't played the current edition, but back when I did, a Warlord was around 2500 points.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 14, 2018

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That Warlord is ridiculously oversized, its probably a foot taller than an Imperator would be.

Yeah they got the scaling on that one a bit off. The Lucius Warlords are taller than usual because of the casemates its carapace weapons are mounted in, but that's still close to a foot taller than it ought to be.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jan 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

It looks so happy.