Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Took a look at the page Katie was looking at:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Holiday specials are now 2 for 2 on involving ripped off faces.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
First thing Ally does is pat down those 3 hairs again :kimchi:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Moddington posted:

Someone should buy more sketched books so we can get more Pasqdad.

If enough people buy books, Gob should just sketch a full little mini-series of Pasqdad comics where the full story is only shown if everyone posts their sketches.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
What I want to see is one of the times Pasqdad dropped acid with Tubsy as his sitter.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Just now noticed Allison using Maddie as an arm rest.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Aurora in the last panel just seems pleased with herself that she knew the reference.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

Wait, is this the only time besides his death where Tubsy has shown anything other than a smile?

Nah, he showed a neutral/blank expression fairly often. The only time he's had a similar expression to this though was the other time Ally tried grossing him out.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Dick poop :unsmith:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Captain Bravo posted:

Get George Coe to voice Pasqualo and it's perfect :v:

Personally my first thought after seeing Krampus's post was Chris Parnell for Pas.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

In my mind he sounds more like Mr Rogers.

I hear him as a mix of Mr Rogers and the Bob Ross-like guy from that Boondocks episode.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mordja posted:

Actually, hey, there's a question for Gob! What's up with that kid's name, anyways? A quick google on the etymology of it brings up "pasquale" as the closest match, otherwise it's pure fiction.

His mom wanted to name him Pascal but his dad vomited in the middle of naming it so he ended up as Pasqualo. So the name was probably chosen around making that joke.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Peng Floyd :allears:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tendales posted:

My favorite part is Obbie being nice to Kimberly. He's not an rear end in a top hat to everyone, just to his family and also Ally. :kimchi:

Tubsy was his sitter when he was doing acid, and he referred to him as "cool" before.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Parts Kit posted:

I think it's a spider man shirt someone made for him a ways back in the comic.

Yep!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

TwoPair posted:

That might be a little difficult since now that he's dead he doesn't have any cyborg powers. I guess he is pals with Satan though, so we'll see where that takes him.

Well, in God Dammit, an 8 year old Pasq did manage to kill a couple big demons and pretty much every angel in heaven, and also punched God.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Also when the victim and her friend were angry at the rapist it turned out to only be because a demon was making them be.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Didn't Aurora die in a very similar green poof manner? Maybe that's how people on the afterlife planes die. Like that saying how you're never truly dead until you're forgotten, but taken super literally. I have to read back and check, did anyone but Pasq mention Aurora after she died?

Yeah, people talked about her once they were in line for hell.

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=425-come-on-in

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

change my name posted:

Nah it's because heaven is actually hell for monsters. The monsters in hell are there because they hosed up heaven too much and got sent down, I think it's mentioned when they first get to hell.

I think that was more "heaven sucks for monsters" than "lovely monsters go to heaven." The only other monster we know that initially went to heaven was a vampire girl, who also obviously avoided sunlight, so she fit the same criteria that applies to human women.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ballz posted:

Totally random but I hope we see the space rhinos again.

Final page of the comic is the space rhino ship blowing up heaven.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Next time, on It Hurts Z:

50 panels of Pasq charging up for an energy bomb. Don't miss it!

It will get pointed out that Pasq doesn't even need to charge up the attack but he angrily insists on using all 50 panels.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Well, going insane long past the end of humanity WAS what his Dad said he'd go through as an immortal cyborg.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

the ending was nice

when i first started to read it hurts in one of the webcomic threads, i thought that it was poo poo, but then at one point i started to enjoy reading it, not sure if it was before the 100th strip

one of the main things that separates it hurts!! from other webcomics, and the reason i like it so much, is that it had a plot that was going somewhere and the characters didn't have plot armor

thanks for making a great comic gob!

what are you going to do next? :haw:

I know I started to really like it before 100 at least just because of Pow Gangsta poo poo.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Haifisch posted:

There's a holiday special up! Go read it!

This turned my bad day into a good day.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

I'm a little confused but it was sweet.

My interpretation was that before the prior universe and pasq vanished he remembered a really horrible day in Allison's life he wished he could have made better but old pasq probably made worse with his own depression and crying, so his final act was to go back and do what he wished he had done that day. And the end he gets a glimpse of that new universe with Aurora replacing his existence and sees that Allison will be happy in that universe too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Between this and Mob Psycho's update its been a hell of a day for me in terms of getting real teary eyed at comics.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I always wondered what the big deal about Wawa was, but holy poo poo free sack of hoagies days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

I think it might have been in the text of It Hurts somewhere.

Yeah, it was explained in-comic at some point. His mom even calls him Pascal at first.

• Locked thread