Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
geez

well i hope its even more like akira and the laser doesn't work

wait so if pasqualo is tetsuo, then who's kaneda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
well i guess now we know where he got the weeaboo from

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Jen for best mom

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Literally Kermit posted:

The guy who made that "Mark Goes to Hell" (non-canon!) comic did another guest mini-arc! He followed up with this:

Lame? Maybe. Overdone? Never Possibly. I liked it, though. :allears:

Someone said it was too wordy, lol. Buckley's most famous comic ironically has no words at all, but I'm pretty sure all the superfluous dialog is part of the joke.

The zombie nurse looks an awful like an infamous panel from another goon's comic, but it is likely a coincidence. If it isn't, I am not sure I want to go down that particular rabbit hole.

loving terrible as all hell. a worthy tribute to loss.jpg

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

me IRL

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
every chick in this comic is friggin awesome. it's uncanny.

well except for what's her name that was about to hang herself when the world ended. she was pretty lame

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

What I wanna know is if those are colored contacts.

well, they're lens, certainly

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ah good old :pedo:

It hurts is getting back to its bad webcomics roots

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Freudian posted:

There is no more anime ever.

so made immeasurably better

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
so I guess Aurora frowns now? odd how just her facial expression is pretty loving unsettling to the mood

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
well i guess we're moving into the "invade hell" part of the comic

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Araenna posted:

Why is everyone ignoring Tubsy's lips all pursed and ready for kissing as Allison goes through him? :kimchi:

yeah he was ready for the hug but sorry to say that was totally a shocked expression at the attempted kiss. keep your shipping outta my comic

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Look at the next panel

whoops owned

Stolen from 4chan, stolen from tumblr:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Robviously posted:

Katie's last name is Boreanaz?

gently caress, no wonder she knows so much about apocalypses. Her dad was Angel. I don't care, let me have this.

Katie's Iranian

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
alot of mileage to be had out of this one

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Those are turtlenecks.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Asgerd posted:

loving Werewolf Jones...

It's a shame Megg, Mogg, and Owl were never able to ascend the Bad Webcomics Thread like It Hurts was, that poo poo was dope (and seriously depressing)

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
All this traumatized-from-being-used-to-murder-his-mom stuff is not nearly as funny as Pasqualo's normal sadsack routine :smith:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
This entire sequence has been seriously unsettling. Are we actually moving to the point where godhead Pasqualo is creating things whole cloth just to make his life more interesting (slavcat, Dawg, space rhinos)? It's like his sleep deprivation is causing waking dreams that affect reality.

We never did receive a straight answer on just whether pasqo was cause or catalyst to the apocalypse.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

So what you're saying is he's an alt-universe Steven Universe.

the works seem a bit tonally at-odds to compare

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
It begins

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Hmm. Didn't aurora inply that the space rhinos didn't actually exist? So, pasqualo's self-hatred just killed the entire planet, if I'm reading it right.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
One popular theory I see go around is that at the end of Goddammit Pasqualo was reborn as Aurora in It Hurts!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's also incredibly bad and ham fisted

don't tell anyone in the thread that.

nevermind a good portion of the thread realizes the comic is real bad.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 11, 2016

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Dias posted:

SFP started pretty good, if a bit preachy, and explored the whole What Can Superman Really Do For Humanity, then it hit a pretty bad arc and seems to be going downhill ever since. Also it's the definition of :words:.

Also the hero girl is also called Allison.

someone should do K6BD edits for it

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Gob, thank you for giving me these wonderful moments that give me hope that I can overcome the decades long depression that has plagued my entire adult life, but do you have to do it during scenes that I'm about to choke to death laughing?

major mixed messages dude

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Also "You had your fun...and now your fun is over" is a hell of a powerful line.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
only 5 more updates till the end.

it hurts

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

truly pasqualo has become a vengeful God

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Unexpectedly satisfying ending.

I didn't quite get why aurora causes apocalypses at all though. Did I miss something?

this came up in the stream.

Harmony mentions that aurora wasn't the only way for pasq to be happy, and in fact there were a boatload of ways for him to get out of his depression. But due to however pasq phrased his wish, it created Aurora, and Aurora will always cause the apocalypse once she gets close to pasq. Pasq could probably tweak her so this isn't the case, but at the point she will no longer be aurora as pasq and the reader recognizes her. The only thing pasqualo cares about at the end is that all his friends are happy, and that includes aurora exactly as he knows her.

This also goes into the other big thing the stream got into, which is the somewhat awkward theme of pasqualo's sacrifice being somewhat similar to suicide. The short way to explain this, I think, is that depression and suicide for Pasqualo is a fundamentally selfish sentiment. When he's a stupid sad sack he's supremely self-centered and a pretty terrible friend to Ally, etc. The fundamental evolution of pasq's character is going from "the only thing I care about is becoming happy" to, as I wrote above, "the only thing I care about is all my friends being happy."

Pasqualo thusly concludes not only would everything be better if he didn't exist, it is necessary to accomplish the one and only thing he cares about : that all his friends, including Aurora, be happy.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 30, 2017

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Gob, I gotta know, is pasq's dad nicer to his daughter than he was to his son :ohdear:? Did Pasq remember to make him a little less of a disk when he remade the world?

watch the stream you loser

haha nope

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

feetnotes posted:

I don't really get the point of the "Pasqualo goes crazy in space for billions of years" arc, when at the end he essentially runs into God and Satan analogues and makes an 'ultimate choice' that could have been done in heaven/hell? Though I guess being utterly alone forever in hostile alien worlds is a pretty good depression metaphor. And it was cool to watch the scope of the setting gradually widen from beginning to end. But it did wildly alter the story's arc at the very end for confusing payoff.

You ever read Asimov's The Question? Pasq needs to show he has what it takes to answer how to create a new universe, and spending a kalpa solving problems and traversing the entirety of existence give him that.

feetnotes posted:

I don't understand why it would be impossible to remake Aurora as a regular person without fundamentally changing who she is, but it's okay to make a new mashup person that's half her and half him. Doesn't that change who she is pretty significantly? And if he can just mix and match like that, why not like, combine Aurora with someone who otherwise died at birth or something so she gets a new regular human life but doesn't overwrite someone else's?

well, remember, aurora was specifically created to answer pasq's desire to be happy. So long as pasq exists, Aurora will be drawn to him and cause the apocalypse (because she's a fragment of harmony.) And there's nothing half-and-half about aurorasqualo, pasq is completely erased from existence and aurora got stuck in his place. Presumably Aurora's nature is so resilient that she'll maintain the weapons-grade optimism even in the face of dad.

feetnotes posted:

Lastly, it really makes me sad that Trissh and Katie, specifically, do not appear or get mentioned anywhere in the finale. They're not in Pasqualo's memories and they don't show up in nu-verse. Maybe this indicates they are not constant presences in iterations of P's life like Ally and Tubsy? Still, there was a very long stretch of the comic they were more prominent characters than Tubs. They were also each very important to helping Pasqualo grow as a character, especially Katie. The story took great pains to show that her and Pasqualo's relationship was based on mutual respect AND that happiness was possible for him without a literal deus ex machina. And yet... as soon as they reached hell the 2 characters stopped having much to do, and by the end they've been completely forgotten along with the lessons they helped impart.

On the stream, gob said that Trisssh still exists as a snake monster and Katie still has a bunch of crazy theories (that will be right). And harmony literally said that there were loads and loads of ways for pasq to become happy without aurora.

Also remember that the entire audience filled with iterations of pasq (including God Dammit pasq) heavily implies that pasq has done this many times before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Motherfucker posted:

The words your looking for are 'mental gymnastics'

edit:

And lets not even get into the fact that a guy with an SU avatar brought up identity politics from nowhere, if there was a goon shitposting bingo card that'd be on it.

whoa friend. I don't think Pasqualo, self-avowed feminist, would approve of you treating "identity politics" with such disdain.

That said it is a bit of an odd interpretation what with pasqualo recounting charlotte's web in the ending dialogue.

• Locked thread