Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My congratulations on creating the only good thread in BSS.

I am Pasqualo irl, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Just going off of her hair and even her dresses, I always got a Hispanic feel from Allison. Skin tone seems about right, too.

Still, "probably black" is a great way to put it.

She's Jewish, fool.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Atrayonis posted:

Pretty much everybody started reading it in earnest.

I started reading it after the GANSTA poo poo moment. Before that I just scrolled past it, because, as many others stated, it reminded me of Shmorky. Page 100, though, made me a... fan?

I'm pretty sure the author wasn't playing the long game for at least first 50 pages or so and it's cool that they've found a way to seamlessly transition to a more substantial overarching story.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Laputanmachine posted:

Site is down.

What have you done, goons?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SynthOrange posted:

Helmic
June 20, 2014, 12:01 pm | # | Reply
I’ve always wondered where Allison got that drat dog food. Pasqualo doesn’t own a dog, and they haven’t been anywhere else yet.
Gobolatula
June 20, 2014, 12:19 pm | Reply
I’m so happy someone finally asked this question. Pasqualo’s dad used to feed Pasqualo dog food when he was too drunk to cook.

Ahahahahah

:vince:
Are there any inconsistencies in this comic at all?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Accordion Man posted:

Just got my book in the mail and I want to share this sketch with all of you.

That's a pretty rad sixteen pack on that elephant.
Also, nice retro-continuity with the painting dated 2013.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Chronojam posted:

Thought the idea was that he hated Pas-Q at least partially because he hated his wife, too?

Hey wait a second, his mom knew this was coming. She's the one who sold the bunker to Katie, who definitely knew this was coming. Why didn't Dad know? He just sat there and got turned to ash. :tinfoil:

Because Dad hated life with a passion.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, it's going to be a long month. :smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ratchu posted:

becuse emotins to0 hard to braw so.. lets put emoticons and little faces and things into word balloons and used phrases like "lol" and "hehe" in dialogue, butt

hey dudes, check dat site called deviantart.com or dot kom or someting. i herad it haves many webcomics which use this kindastuf, bro, lololololol me gusta okay fffffffffuuuuuuuu. that fell when i hope hellpeeing yourself.

Lol. Heh.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, slap my balls and call me Margaret. That's a plot twist I didn't expect.

Gobolatula, you are cool.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, Gob. Since you're answering fans' question now... Many posters caught bits and pieces of foreshadowing in early comics and it really looked like you think at least for months ahead. How far do you have the whole thing planned in your head?

Answer wherever you're around. It's not like I care or anything. Baka.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Totally worth it to come back from hiatus earlier with this gem. I predict some major plot twist after this light-hearted comic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You don't have to put 'is' into your 'pen pocket'.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

They seem like pretty decent folks, it's just that with the end of the world they're having trouble adjusting their long term responsibilities.

I'm sure at some point there will be some deadly softball match situation where one of the kids will perfectly throw a holy grenade or whatever.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zerilan posted:

First thing Ally does is pat down those 3 hairs again :kimchi:

This is great. Could have easily missed it, but it's cool it's there. The amount of details is astounding in this comic.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobolatula posted:

In high school I attempted to write a super serious novel about a high school boy with powers who was a super cool loner and he was a really deep character because he had girl trouble. And he had a bunch of so-called "FRIENDS" that did all these super terrible things like SMOKING CIGARETTES that he would always be irritated at he'd always make sure to give them a piece of his mind. If I remember correctly, in the end the main character died in a car accident and had a Tetsuo-ish transcendental awakening and the girl he liked cried a lot and I made sure to go into detail about her sad sad tears. I'm a piece of poo poo.

I did write a bunch of silly short stories and used to post them online but I got rid of them because I was embarrassed and I'm not even sure where they are anymore.

Thank you very much for the compliment!

Anyway, I posted these bad boys on Twitter yesterday but I wanted to share these directly with yous guys. It's an 8-part series called "I'll Kill You." I made these laying in bed on my laptop using the line, rectangle, and even the circle tool in Flash. There's a 2-year hiatus I took in the middle. I needed the time to do research and develop the story.

Here you go:

The dad is Hitler without his moustache. What are trying to say there, Gob?

Also, that was awesome.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobolatula posted:

Hi folks! Just to let you know, I reached my first Patreon milestone today and I'll be recording my podcast with my friends every month!

We'll be recording our first podcast in a while tomorrow, so if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask and I'll answer them!

Thanks a lot for your support, guys!

Hey, Gob.

For me it feels like many webcomic authors struggle with ending their long-living projects and moving on to something else. It Hurts still manages to stay fresh and through unexpected stuff at readers almost every update, but did it became harder for you to maintain the same quality after a relatively long run? Is there a point where you'd rather ended the story than struggled with new plot twists?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Leroy Dennui posted:

Looks like Pas-q got some of his humanity back with his heart restored.

:darksouls:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I assume it was for patreon backers only? Will mere mortals ever be able to witness this podcast in all its Gob glory?

\/\/\/ I should check the website more often, thanks.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Mar 10, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Vomit is not even that nutritious, drat it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Soon this patriarchy will turn into... pasqriarchy. :v:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I bet the principal's friend was Pasqualo's dad.

Maybe he is Pasqualo's dad. It's still possible. This top hat can't be a coincidence.

\/\/\/ And uncle. :v:

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 22, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I predict that everything will go haywire because of reefer madness. Drugs are bad, kids.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Gob will be having a hiatus in September:

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?p=2323

Hm... The same time Aaron Diaz chooses to take a break from doing almost nothing. Coincidence? I don't think so. :tinfoil:

Seriously, though, have a good one, Gob.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Anyone have a clue as to what that tattoo is on her left arm?

It's not a minion, but I want it to be a minion.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Getting some dank rhymes.

Someone should read this sick rap.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hogge Wild posted:

congaratulations! you have been chosen to do this

You know what, drop me a beat and I'm willing to humiliate myself with my super weak rap game.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gobolatula posted:

Here you go: http://gobolatula.com/spacetreemusic_03.mp3

It's some amateurish music I made for Ed Atlin's "Space Tree" but you may rap over it if you'd like.

Cool. It's way better than my rapping.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Aw yeah its family rumble time :popcorn:

:psypop:

Pasq has to resprt to direct quotes. He's done for.

E:

Gobolatula posted:

Whoa dude nice! Thank you so much for making this! It's really cool actually hearing this! :coolspot:
Hey, glad you liked it (or pretended to like it). It was a lot of fun to record.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 19, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
TOOT!
/
:butt:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wicker Man posted:

Check out Gob's joke that he's been sitting on!

It's an actual joke from the show, right?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

So that's why the comic's called It Hurts!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

pathetic little tramp posted:

You can click the 'title drop' tag on the website and see every comic where they say the name of the comic in dialogue. There is... a pattern :tinfoil:

Woah, that's neat.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Blackheart posted:

The principal is a pretty alright guy, horse buttfucking aside.

Gob is a master of believable characters, who are flawed but deeply relatable.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's ReBoot season 3 all over again.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Mr. Jones' Mr. Joneson.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do turtlenecks have to be black?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RandomPauI posted:

It was more a comment on their superficial similarities. They both want their moms love, both like sailor moon and figurines, both play roles in defending their towns from evil aliens, etc. it's all a coincidence, but it's one I found amusing.

Maybe you are Steven Universe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The MSJ posted:

Diaz later tweeted something dumber that he deleted. But we are on the internet.

https://twitter.com/corgijordan/status/721520978426089472

Ha-ha, that son of two poor Jewish immigrants had everything handed to him, basically. Unlike Aaron Diaz, a Cubano flame with the Portland nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
But the CD is scratched.

• Locked thread