Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Accordion Man posted:

Just got my book in the mail and I want to share this sketch with all of you.

Damnit, I was gonna request a drawing of another of Dad's artworks for my copy. :argh:

Seriously that's amazing. I think my favorite detail is the Flyers logo on the elephant's hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

horriblePencilist posted:

You guys should have been following gob on Twitter. I knew it was only a matter of time.
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/542497393246081025

Truth. Also confirmed canon via Twitter: Ally is Jewish.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Aurora still has Pasq's heart, doesn't she? Got a feeling that'll come into play with all this.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Serious Cephalopod posted:

It's a hell beast an angel of God. It punishes sinners, and tubsy was a murderer

I've seriously wondered if there will be a twist with this guy along those lines, given how he's repeatedly referred to Allison and co. as bad people. The audience's perspective has just been skewed because we'd been following along (with a group of people and monstrous creatures that were responsible for the apocalypse).

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Whelp, that's a good enough reminder for me to start throwing a couple bucks Gob's way on Patreon.

Edit:

That was a helluva fireball, poop. Helluva fireball. :smith:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 30, 2015

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

She even got the number of exclamation points right. :unsmith:

Ballz fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 2, 2015

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

:vince:

This has more subtle foreshadowing than the Song of Ice and Fire books.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He's the boss of the Disney Vault, it's a heavy task that would weigh even the strongest soul down, he welcomes death when it comes.

On the other hand, his daughter loved The Lion King so much, he knew she would one day murder him to take his job. And he was OK with that.

Really makes you think.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Elysiume posted:

The bad webcomics thread will exist as long as bad webcomics exist. So, forever. DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO COMICS.

That thread likpates.

Although seriously wouldn't mind if Megg, Mogg and Owl spinned off its own thread like this one did. It's legit awesome.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I love how it allmooooost becomes a harem anime and then :boom: dickhole storage callback.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Literally Kermit posted:

On the fence, are we? How about you take a seat right there and we Meet the Main Cast!
Now, maybe you missed the hint up there about something happening at a certain part of the proceedings. Maybe Allison gets a new hairstyle, I don't know. So, for this post, anything that happens after strip #100 will be spoiler-tagged, in case you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who didn't gosh darn drop everything and read the archives this second, SHEESH.

Aurora is a kind and pretty girl who shows up from nowhere and starts attending Pasqualo's school. She and Pasqualo fall in love immediately, although he neglected to learn anything about her after their first meeting, including her name. She has an almost supernatural level of patience and understanding, and is just gosh-darn the best. Together, she and Pasqualo are totally going to kick-rear end at the annual talent show!

She's actually an angelic being, possibly God Herself. When she begins singing at the talent show it triggers an apocolypse that unleashes monsters upon the world. The name of the comic is from when she saw the look on his face [from witnessing the apocolypse] and instead of thinking "Go comfort him" thought "It hurts" and ran away. And then came back and is keeping his heart for safekeeping. Literally.

OP please go back to this post on the first page and clarify she kept the heart for safekeeping inside a man's dick, thanks in advance.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I love how the old image of being a spirit where you have a halo, are in a toga and playing a harp has been replaced with being in Jedi robes.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Freudian posted:

Family Guy first aired in 1999, and Missionary: Impossible was in 2000. Weird to think Family Guy's been around that long - I figured it was 2003-2004.

Well, remember Family Guy originally got canceled after the third season and was off the air for several years before it garnered enough of a cult following to bring it back.

In retrospect... I think I would have been fine if it had stayed dead.

Christmas Present posted:

I don't know how old you are but I'm 32 and basically get used to it as time quickens and the years slip by instead of plod on.

The nice thing about that though is that rad comics I like seem to come out faster.

Every night I fall asleep with the lyrics to Pink Floyd's "Time" echoing in my head. :corsair:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Gob's taking a the month of April off. :smith:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Blackheart posted:

Did Aurora auto-transform as soon as pasqualo was hit by the brick? Or did she go into wish-granting mode because Pasq is starting to say extra stupid stuff that will in no way end terribly for everyone.

That is an interesting detail to catch. She still kept her farmer hat, too.

Maybe she was just protecting Pasqualo's arms because that dude loving leaned right into all the broken shards of glass in the windowsill.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

tlarn posted:

When I showed my sister who draws my It Hurts!! book, she complimented the expressions and flipped through looking at the faces. Expressions are still Gob's A-game in this third arc.

Also quickly avatarized that face if anyone cares to have it. It's pretty ace.

"Cheese forgive me"

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

As an aside, Bartleby is a pretty boss name.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Maybe the chapter will culminate in Pasq punching God in the face. Worked out for him pretty well last time he did it.

BTW Gob, is there an ETA on when volume 2 will be available. I... I still need to buy volume 1 so I figured I'd get them both in one go.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The expressions every character makes in every single panel is a joy to behold.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I fuckin' knew it.

Aurora is Donald Trump.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The moment I realized I was reading something special was probably when the school caught fire and Aurora cheerfully pointed out all the people burning to death.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Oh poo poo Pasq's mom is OG!

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Of course she'd be Vash the Stampede.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Great callback/recreation of the death scene from Goddamnit.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Bit of an overreaction there by Jennifer. Killing God? It's not like her pet goldfish died or anything.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The flashback was fun but the flash forward is even better.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

No one posted the new page yet? Ok then.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

He tweeted that updates would be irregular through the new year. I suspect he'll post them as he finishes them for the time being.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Forgall posted:

Partyman looks really concerned.

I get the feeling this isn't the first time he's had those two fall off his back

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Filthy Haiku posted:

Probably the member who just got rear end blasted to death by her own son.

She was 267. Dunno who 314 is.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I have been waiting since the start of this thread for the space rhinos to appear.

It was worth the wait.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

There Bias Two posted:

Previous reference?

Reread Katie's intro comic in the OP.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Wicker Man posted:

There was one about a month ago, I think. It had to do with Dad doing I love Lucy commentary. In the books and off in the fan part of the website you find a couple.

Oh by the way, we may not have a release on Friday.

He's got the guest comics here, although his wife's Trisssh strip isn't there (yet). The Mark in Hell series is kind of fun.

The only guest comic that Gob has deemed canon-worthy:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/714237369843474432

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I enjoy this comic that routinely shows children being murdered.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/729827914309459969

:staredog:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I hope the shop teacher survives, he's cool.

I think you might want to read that chapter title again...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

One of the best features about viewing these comics on Gob's website is that he tags every character's name in it, so you can filter strips just to see who appears where (for instance: the chick pantsing Pasq is named Jessica, and this isn't her first appearance).

Our kawaii arachnid is named Magma Spider, and this is indeed her first strip.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I am ashamed to admit I can completely relate to that last panel with Pasq.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Reminder that Gob posts cool extra poo poo on his Twitter.

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/750041544808214529

Edit: Quick link back to the what Gob eventually went with

Ballz fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 8, 2016

• Locked thread