Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

The Lord Bude posted:

It was more than a bit petty. It was 'I'm a disgusting person who doesn't understand that this is game where people make moves to betray each other, and it's nothing personal; so I'm going to humiliate a middle aged woman on national television and carry a giant grudge around'.

I'm with you on the carrying a grudge around part, but nothing can convince me there was anything wrong with what she had Dawn do at FTC. Yeah Dawn felt humiliated, but she shouldn't have. I don't think there was anything humiliating about it at all.

Do we know how everyone voted for the tie vote? We only noticed them showing the re-votes but those aren't the ones I wanted to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Vernacular posted:

Hahaha can't believe nobody mentioned the highlight of the episode:

Andrew: Let's go Josh!
Jon: Uhh, Reed's our on team, dude.

This really was the highlight of the episode

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

TMMadman posted:

The only man who seems to have any brains in the Blue tribe is Jon...

:lol: good one

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Lone Goat posted:

I thought it was Jon trying to set this up.

It was, and then Jon somehow ended up voting for Keith because he had no idea what was going on.

edit: also have to admit it was nice to see someone (Kelley) just keep their mouth shut and let the idiot trying to vote them off seal their own fate.

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Oct 16, 2014

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

I can't believe how in agreement I am with STAC Goat this season, it is like opposite world, but yeah, what he said.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Juanito posted:

Personally I think Jeremy would have had the same reaction if Jon and Jaclyn had been doing the exact same thing.

This. Because Jon and Jaclyn were making me sick the other week, and PDA is really unnecessary especially when you are the only couple around and these people are stuck there with you.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Ghostpilot posted:

I didn't either. As a gay guy I was just dreading when they were going to make an issue out of it, but that never really happened. Granted, it hasn't endeared me to Jeremy at all as he stomps around, grumbling about his lack of power.

Agreed. If it actually was an issue they'd have played it up as much as possible.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Huge Liability posted:

Someone else asked this question earlier, but it wasn't answered and I'm wondering the same thing.

From my perspective, a fake idol gambit should never, ever work because every real hidden immunity idol comes with a scroll. Why don't people ever ask to see the scroll? Do the producers take the scroll away after it's found? Is there a rule effecting this?

Are you required to keep the scroll with the idol? Because that's just more bulk to keep hidden. If I found a real idol, I'd probably burn the scroll before it even occurred to me that someone would want to see it as proof my idol is real.

edit: obviously I wouldn't find a fake idol. That would be embarrassing.

TMMadman posted:

Now I kind of want to see someone find a HII then make a fake one and put it back in the same spot with the note from the real idol.

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 31, 2014

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Poque posted:

That's fine, though, at least it's something more than "i was divorced ya'll. THREE TIMES" She's showing a manipulative side, for better or for worse, and it makes for better tv.

Guess you missed the shot of the tribe talking about something else like the trail mix, while Muffin was sitting next to Baylor saying "I was divorced when she was born"

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

savinhill posted:

John and Jackylyn are so dumb if this is the time they decide to jump alliances.

Ignore this if you mean it's only dumb now that Julie quit.

Because otherwise, not really. If they stick with Jeremy, they'll think they're in great shape in his alliance because 2 pairs = 4, which outnumbers Natalie/Jeremy/Julie. And there's no way Jeremy lets that group stay around until F7 when the alliance has to target itself and he goes home because the 3 singles are outnumbered. He'll recruit the 2 remaining singles in at F9, and we'll get a 5-4 #Blindside with one of the pairs going home. After that he'd be in great shape as part of the 3-2 majority within his new alliance. Vote out Missy and with Josh gone he may even be lucky enough that Baylor will understand why he had to get rid of her mom, leaving him safe until at least F5.

The editing tonight had a couple things that seem like foreshadowing that Baylor will eventually split from her mom, but I'm expecting it to be an emotional/rebellious decision rather than a smart one.

It's funny because I think that million dollars was Jeremy's to lose if Josh hadn't convinced Jon/Jaclyn to vote with them. If Jon/Jaclyn end up waffling back to Jeremy's alliance next week and they vote out Josh or Reed, I can't wait to hear Jeremy being a baby about how Julie's quitting might cost him a million dollars when in reality it saved him. :laugh:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Well, Jeff admits they new Julie was a quit-risk and cast her anyway, so that's probably why he went easy.

"If they quit, it’s on us. We either missed it, or in the case of Julie we anticipated it but put them on anyway."

Wow. We think someone will quit but we'll cast them anyway. You have got to be kidding me.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Poque posted:

It's not like it's unprecedented, they brought Colton back.

It's not surprising to me, just makes me mad to be open about not caring. If they can be that way about quitting, it's no surprise how bad the casting has been on a lot of the recent seasons.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Julie's exit interview on RHAP is exactly what I was expecting so far. Whining about how "it would have been nice to have someone bringing me fresh crab in the mornings like Jon did for Jaclyn." like she got cheated out of the normal survivor experience.

I don't understand why CBS and casting think we need celebrities on the show. I don't know a single person who doesn't already watch every season that decided to watch it because John Rocker or any other celebrity was on that season.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, and I totally think it's dumb for Jon and Jaclyn to go with Josh over Jeremy. Jeremy's group is a mess and hugely dependent on the Jon/Jaclyn/Missy/Baylor alliance even before Julie left. Josh on the other hand has strong relationships with Wes and Baylor and virtually no relationship with Jon or Jaclyn so that sets the two of them up to easily be on the bottom of that couples deal. If Jon thinks they're going to go down to 8 without anyone making a move or forming a sub alliance he's stupid, and there's already the bulk of Josh's original alliances in there. It's a bad, bad move IMO. And it's going to cost us Jeremy and Natalie (who I keep waiting to break out and feel like she could if Jeremy goes next week and she's forced to play desperate and alone). Meanwhile I bet Josh keeps Alec around longer than Jon.

With Julie still around I just think Jeremy's alliance turning the pairs into the minority by creating more singles it makes it smart to go with Josh. But yeah now that Julie's gone I think it'd be extremely dumb for Jon/Jaclyn to side with Josh.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Vernacular posted:

I think its sort of amusing that Josh is tooting the "couple solidarity" horn when one of his most reliable allies is Alec. It does make sense, and I guess it would be easy enough to just be like "hey Alec, this is how were spinning it to Jon/Jaclyn/Missy/Baylor, so just play along", but its still a little funny.

haha yeah when I thought of this my immediate reaction was "oh yeah it's Alec, he'll buy into whatever."

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I liked Josh because at least he was trying to play the game... or so I thought. But I don't understand how he made absolutely no attempt to make Jaclyn feel more welcome or anything at all with Alec acting like that and Keith/Wes only making the situation worse.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Vernacular posted:

Josh was very likable and played a good game (other than his complete lack of alliance management), but he was pretty much the only one in his tribe I felt that way about. Alec (ugh), Wes and Keith pretty much are net negatives, and it would be quite awful to have them in the drivers seat for the rest of the game. Speaking of which, I just can't believe how clueless those guys can be. How hard can it be to pinpoint the most important person in your alliance (Jaclyn) and 1) be nice and respectful to her, and 2) make her feel like she's an important part of the alliance/decision-making process. A simple "Hey Jaclyn, who do you want to see go home tonight?" probably would've done wonders.

This is what I was saying except I was specifically wondering why in the world Josh didn't do anything in regards to Jaclyn... and everyone responded by telling me what Josh did wrong in regards to Baylor. :psyduck:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

paperchaseguy posted:

But it's better to have your partner A on the jury. That's a guaranteed vote for A' and no chance of a split vote that leaves player B a chance of a 4-3-2 win.

In a Final 6 with 3 pairs, why would anyone feel comfortable with entering F5 as the only single left? I don't think many people would willingly let themselves be voted out at F4 just so they can give their partner a jury vote. And if a pair makes it to F3, it shouldn't be that hard to make a case for the fact that both of you deserve to win over the other player left, while still directing jury votes at just one member of the pair. You should have played well enough that the odd man out doesn't receive 4 votes in which case it doesn't matter if your partner got 1 or 2 stray votes to win.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

Also, I don't get the Baylor hate. She's saddled with Missy, both in the game and in life. That's gotta take a toll.

I feel the same way about this haha

Don't know why anyone wouldn't love the complete lack of build-up on the vote at tribal, especially when all the Reed/Keith votes were read first. I wish they'd give us blindsides like this more often. They can just explain how it all unfolded at the beginning of the next episode.

Mercaptopropyl fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 22, 2014

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

DaisyDanger posted:

I did not think about her, but now that you mention it, she's definitely one of the dumbest players there's ever been. When I was binging the series, I thought I accidentally came across a spoiler that pointed to Kat as the winner of BvW. I almost didn't want to watch it because of that, but I was relieved when it didn't happen.

That's the best part about this though, somebody out there was actually a lot dumber than Kat. It can't be her based on his other comments about it.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Terry Glenn posted:

Apparently Alicia from that season is a special ed teacher and straight up compared Christina to a retarded person in a confessional. And I'm not sure she was off.

lol that was one of my favorite moments of One World

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Met posted:

They're playing up the whole, "We can't have kids, we could really use the money to conceive our own child, my father has brain cancer" for Jon not to win at this point.

Or he doesn't win and it's to make sure J&J win the fan favorite money.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Great my DVR decided it only needed to record the 2nd episode, so I missed the first 30 minutes of this one. :sigh:

xbilkis posted:

"Downtown Orlando is a blast" is the dumbest thing so far this season

glad I didn't miss any of this though

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Poque posted:

reward was the typical "chop" challenge, Reed/Alec/Keith went out first and then the other five just decided Missy was going to win and Probst was pretty annoyed. Missy took Baylor and Natalie and Jaclyn sat home and pouted a whole lot. She flirted a ton with Alec while the others were gone. And now we're at immunity

thanks! I hate that challenge, Jeff shouldn't be surprised.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

xbilkis posted:

I feel so bad for Jon. This is the most clarity he's had all game and Jaclyn is freaking out for no reason

True but it's hilarious.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Did Jon ever tell Jaclyn that he has the new HII or did he only tell Missy?

Only Missy from what we saw.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Forgot this was on. Was the first episode worth watching?

It was pretty hilarious watching Jaclyn just flirt with Alec and flip out the entire 2nd half of the episode (I missed the first half)

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Binary Logic posted:

Natalie's flaw seems to be her desire to end up with an all-girl alliance.

Well now it makes sense to me why she didn't even contemplate targeting Jaclyn

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

DaisyDanger posted:

I'm really close with my mom and I would be absolutely mortified if she tried to defend me while I was standing right there, fully capable of defending myself.

hahaha this. I'm 27 and my sister is 24, but neither of us will eat out with my mom because she still hasn't figured out that we're capable of ordering our own food in a restaurant. My sister takes the Baylor route with it but I return the favor and embarrass her back.

The reactions from mortified servers when I order a steak/burger/etc cooked one way, only for her to jump in and explain to them that's not how I really want it cooked ("He meant medium well not medium rare!") are completely hilarious though. This usually turns into a 3-5 minute argument before she'll drop it and let the server take my order. :laugh:

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Keith was hilarious this episode.

There's nobody left capable of getting any votes except Natalie and Keith so I'm really hoping Keith wins. Can't wait to see Missy's ego on display next week, whether it's from the jury or the finals.

Really hoping that Baylor chooses Keith over Natalie and we get to watch Keith win in the F3 against Missy and Baylor.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

How did I completely forget about how absurdly jealous and/or threatened Jaclyn seems to be by Missy when it comes to Jon. I can't imagine what Jaclyn must be like outside the game when women are around Jon.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Or my significant other would hate me. It's just too beep boop game bot to make sense to me. Especially when dealing with Blood vs Water.

Yeah, there's a huge difference between voting out your fiance and an actual blood relative. I would have no problem voting out my family if it made sense for me (or us) but there's no way I'd risk my fiancee's wrath by voting her out under any circumstance.

There's no way someone like Jaclyn would take sacrificing herself well at all, regardless of what she says.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Met posted:

Why does not being strategic make someone a terrible winner? I want the entertaining likable people to win a million dollars.

I agree, but they're just talking in terms of strategic masterminds being the best winners.

For me Keith would be one of the better winners. Cochran and Tyson were two of the worst winners ever imo, regardless of how great they might have played.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

Commercial spoiler They announced there will be one blindside in the finale, which has to be Natalie at f4, as Keith and Jaclyn both would expect to get voted out. I think Baylor/Missy/Natalie are more scared of Keith as a "challenge beast" so he probably goes f5, which means your winner of Survivor San Juan del Sur is Jaclyn "I'm on permanent birth control" Schultz.

Pretty sure CBS plays fast and loose with the term #Blindside

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I'm halfway through the Ponderosa videos so far and I'm not really sure if they're worth it but Wes was pretty hilarious.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Unmerciful posted:

I get that its legit within the game but to me screwing someone out of more money that costs you absolutely nothing purely out of spite objectively makes you an rear end in a top hat. All that matters is that the right person wins - everything else should be immaterial

Except that he'd be screwing Jaclyn out of more money by not voting for her...

I didn't care for Reed really before tonight, but after that speech and voting Jaclyn I'm sold on Reed being awesome.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Shakugan posted:

One thing I didn't notice in this thread was discussion about how Jaclyn had a chance to win the entire game but threw it away? All she had to do was vote Natalie instead of Baylor at final 5; getting someone to use their idol on you and then using that immunity to vote that someone off is a game winning move. Missy and Baylor likely would have taken Jaclyn to final tribal even if she hadn't won immunity because they were stupid and scared of Keith. Alternatively she could have got with Keith and said they would force a draw until one of Baylor/Missy agreed to be voted out (knowing it would make no difference to their chances of winning).

She had no idea Natalie had an idol before tribal council. You could tell she wasn't just acting surprised when Missy (or maybe it was Baylor) mentioned that they weren't worried about the idol because they knew who had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

Yeah what a mistake by Jaclyn not to predict someone would definitely play an idol on her.

• Locked thread