Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Fall 2014 anime: 2nd seasons, reboots, poo poo.

and that one obligatory comedy per season that manages to entertain. Probably the bathtub merman one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Thread title better involve the phrase "spine assignment"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Srice posted:

This whole thing is kinda reminding me of how people were talking about Ryuko getting raped in the first episode of Kill la Kill when that wasn't the case.

yea the rape motifs in that series sure stopped there

edit: aww poo poo was this a quote? damnit fell for it

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

1st episode impressions of shows without threads:

Parasyte was awesome because Right Hand is such a loveable jerk. The dubstep and imaginative animation/situations are icing on the cake. Also, super realistic Googling.

Amagi Brilliant Rap Battle - It may take 8+ episodes before unintentional comedy from the character names wears thin. Actual comedy from the show is decent.

TerraFormars - Overzealous censoring, but interesting concept and execution so far.

Inou Battle - Not bad, TRIGGER. When a comedy show builds up for one main joke, and you see it coming, and it is still pretty hilarious, it bodes well for the series.

Merman Bathtub - Please improve quickly, show.

Atsuki no Yona - Shoujo Adventures of Three Kingdoms Korea. The first episode was entirely backstory, so we'll see.

My Husband is a 2cher! - I...I don't know.

Sora no Method - I just watched this a day ago and I've already forgotten the premise.

Donten ni Warau - I just watched this an hour ago and I've already forgotten the premise.

SEGA NOSTALGIA TIME - Amusing fluff, but ultimately sub-par.

Wolf Girl Black Prince - Eh. It's weird to see those typical side-side characters be main-side characters.

Denki-gai no Honya-san - Boring, generic. Maybe standards are high after great sitcoms like Working and Servant x Service. Naaah.

Special note for Grisaia which has a thread but is the clear winner of this season's "as long as you get past/ignore these things, the story is great" award.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Fukuda wanted to put something like what we've seen in this show in SEED or Destiny, like maybe between Fllay and Lacus, but someone smart just refused. But since this isn't Gundam he can do whatever he pleases now.

I mean poo poo, people were comparing this to Symphogear before it came out, but that's pretty insulting to Symphogear now.

Yea we should distinguish between categories of garbage to avoid insulting anyone.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Be fair, there is a difference between 'kind of weird and sleazy' garbage and 'will get you on all the watchlists, Mossad will drop a doorknocker bomb with a one-second-timer on your roof, and nobody will mourn your passing' garbage.

I mean, we watch anime, we've got enough government agencies monitoring us. Why invite more?

Certainly, I don't mean to be unfair. I acknowledge that there was an etymological need for terms like "moe" to be created.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Mercrom posted:

I've seen like 3 episodes of Mushishi and it's probably the best procedural I've ever seen, but it's still a procedural. There's not exactly any reason to marathon it or catch up.

Would it even matter one bit if I started with the newest and watched all the episodes in reverse broadcast order?

There are episodes here and there (both seasons) that delve into Ginko's past, and I'd say some later episodes assume you know some of that history. But if you want to try it by all means, sounds like a neat idea.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Razzled posted:

Thanks, did so and it was pretty neat. I think it's kind of refreshing for it to be so zany but it seems to tell the story in such a matter of fact way that it doesn't bother mincing words on the why as opposed to some other series where the world building begins with an hour long exposition of explicit details.

That recommendation was literal. The rest of the episodes of the series are as you described.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The judge's name is Sexy Life. The judge of the Yuri trials. These are words that have formed a sentence.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Penguindrum kinda sucked anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

watch katanagatari

The statement that should stop and end every *gatari discussion ever.

fake edit: actually, "watch katanagatari and nothing else gatari".

• Locked thread