Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Count Roland posted:

Well, the guy that took the throne, but his was the creation of the new Ottoman Empire rather than a direct continuation of the old.

Well yeah, and those are military casualties I posted, and yes that is only killed, and probably a rough count at that.

But he's saying its as bad as the Chechen wars, and those were very bad indeed for Russia. I'm more inclined to believe his battalion or whatever ate poo poo- I have a time time believing his experience is typical. Unless, again, Kiev's forces have also been eating a huge amount of poo poo.

It sounds like most of the casualties are coming from rocket barrages and artillery; and with most of the forces being light motorized or infantry they could really be getting torn up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

axelord posted:

It's pretty disgusting how willing you guys are to throw away Ukrainian lives for your hate of Russia. Maybe think about what your proposing and how it would effect the actual people living there.

Or even what happens if this war continues to escalate.

It's amazing how backwards this statement is. I really hope you are sarcastically exhorting people to remember that Putin started this and is directly responsible for the slaughter on both sides, because if you're not you are a goddamn idiot.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I hate to say it and I recognize the irony, but whatever7 is Chinese and the Chinese education system treats essentialism as fact. It's not surprising she would be attracted to western intellectuals who oversimplify and orientalize everything; that's very much in step with the Chinese worldview.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

3peat posted:

Hungarian turanism

Hungarian :turianass: Turianism?! :turianass:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Also, they keep going on about how I published my piece before the MH17 report. So what? I'm not writing about anything that's discussed in the report, and I'm sure these media organisations are aware of the concept of publishing stories at a time when there's the most interest in the subject. Their faux astonishment such a thing is possible is comical.

To a naive or uneducated reader it sounds like you knew about it before the event was reported; further proof of the homonazi American conspiracy to shoot down MH17 and blame it on Russia. That's the insinuation I took from it at least. A lot of readers are probably not aware that the official report is a specific thing that is taking a long time to come out.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

They thought they shot down an Antanov carge plane, Ukraine was just operating Su-25s in the area and conspiracy theory nuts don't care about stuff like maximum altitudes. That's a good thing to know though, I didn't realize the Su-25 theory was impossible.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Brown Moses posted:

Someone put this together which I think makes it very clear it's a match.

I'm really not seeing it. It might be a good idea to have other BuKs in the comparison because they eye has nothing to compare these to. Do all BuKs look like that? I don't know.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's funny how Russia managed to create the nightmare scenario above. :allears:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You talking about getting a visa or do you need directions?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What's up with the thread title now?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

Russia is what happens when state propaganda is so pervasive that it effects the leaders of the state.

I don't think there are any states that aren't like this.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

So... everything still hosed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

LeoMarr posted:

A submarine that has no crew and therefore needs nearly no life support, and carries nukes.

Sea-bed ICBM

Also doesn't need to carry an air volume, so there's very little limitation on dive depth. Pressure chambers can be very strong if you can build them very small, say the size of a diesel engine rather than the size of a ship.

• Locked thread