Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

If there end up being any open spots in LSL I'd like to try to reclaim my title from 2012.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I have (3) spots open in the LSL which is less serious business than the HHL but still a challenge as there are a bunch of very active longtime managers with a brutal roster/stat format.

Sent you a PM about a spot.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ugh I picked a bad week to have the flu and get loaded up on cold meds, that draft is always so... long. I didn't save my draft results but whatever.

Koopa's Kids

Evgeni Malkin
Jason Spezza
Frans Nielsen
Thomas Vanek
Clarke Macarthur
Marcus Johansson
Ales Hemsky
Joel Ward
Beau Bennett
Marcel Goc
Chris Higgins
David Clarkson
Riley Sheahan
Peter Holland
Brandon Kozun

Alex Goligoski
Ryan Suter
Erik Johnson
Lubomir Visnovsky
Danny Dekeyser
Grant Clitsome

Kari Lehtonen
Ben Scrivens

Gonna be dropping Holland for a backup G I think.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It would be nice if Yahoo actually had players listed on IR by now considering games start uh tomorrow but I guess not.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

Can't pick anyone up from waivers yet though so whatever.

Yeah not until the 10th but don't teams have to have all that stuff finalized already? Would have helped to be able to see it instead of googling to remember that Raffi Torres blew up his legs mid-draft.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don't think Luongo will see his SV% suppressed in Florida because that stuff rarely happens to any significant degree. He was fine in the games he played post-trade so I'm inclined to think his numbers will hold up, though he might have less in the tank for the long haul I don't think that's really predictable.

If he'd been crummy post trade then yeah avoid that guy but it's likely the only stat he'll leave you wanting this year is wins IMO.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It could happen, but I just don't see the evidence of Luongo's decline yet. He only played 20 games in the short season, so I'm willing to call that a blip. He's never been a consistent .925 or anything but I would expect him around .917-.919 by seasons end.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

7th in HHL and 1st in LSL after one week, which likely means my teams have peaked because mine almost inevitably fall apart and I end up in the middle. My LSL team also had a ridiculously good start to the season and I doubt they'll be this good every week.

Yeah my jaw pretty much hit the floor looking at your +/- in relation to the rest of the league. Plus the weeks that Hedman/Hiller(!) had, I was basically resigned to getting trashed.

Thread question: should I even bother starting Scrivens when Edmonton is playing Tampa? I feel like Stamkos is just going to score 4 goals and tank my goaltending for the rest of the week.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

It depends on who your other goalie is, how many minimum starts your league has, and how likely you are to match your minimum starts without this start. I would pass on Scrivens, because while Edmonton will probably not continue giving up 5 GPG, who knows when that time will come?

I have Lehtonen and Lindback, so I've got all of Dallas' starts for the week covered and I need to start 3 in LSL. Edmonton plays Carolina later in the week so I could spot-start him and hope Eakins doesn't screw with me, or I could just start everyone and see what happens! :v:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

You win some, you lose some.

Yeah this is what I get for overthinking things after getting burned last week. My typical solution is to just roll everyone and see what happens.

bowser posted:

Oh God help me I don't know what I'm doing. Trading (my) Carey Price for (his) Gustav Nyquist and Joe Pavelski is a horrible idea isn't it?

They're both probably 25-30 goal guys, probably not 40+ goal guys like their boxcars last year suggest. If you have ample goaltending and need scoring it makes sense, but don't expect more than ~65 points from each if you don't want to be disappointed.

Koopa Kid fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 21, 2014

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Apparently Visnovsky's coming back, so I need to drop a dman. Does anyone have strong thoughts on who I should keep between DeKeyser and Merrill? Pretty similar stats in 6 games thus far, both playing 20 minutes a night. I'm pretty sure they both play 2nd unit PP.

I'm leaning Merrill, as he might have some upside left in him somewhere and Detroit's GF and Shots/Game has been the pits thus far.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

Someone dropped Brock Nelson in my league, should I drop Strome to pick him up? Or is his cooling off period gonna be the standard?

Looks like they're linemates right now so I'm not sure how much it would matter if you're looking for scoring. Also Nelson's shooting 40% right now, you'd basically be buying high on a dude riding a streak.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

mentholmoose posted:

In the LSL, I'm not sure why I thought the Maple Leafs goaltending and Eddie Lack would be a good idea. Nothing I can really do about it since there are a total of 4 goalies who've seen the ice this season that aren't owned.

If it helps, Bernier and Reimer will probably rebound a bit as the season wears on. I'm beginning to doubt either will sniff .920 this year though.

But hey, I have Lindback and he has a GAA of like 4.5 so far. If Scrivens hadn't had an amazing week I'd be dead last in LSL by now.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

A Ben Scrivens shutout is the likeliest of shutouts :whatup:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I find myself irrationally hoping for some sudden season-ending injury to Ales Hemsky so that I can justify my strong desire to drop his sorry rear end. Nearly a PPG with Spezza in Ottawa to end last season, both go to Dallas and he has one assist.

I blame Lindy Ruff.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Koth posted:

Also, he's not playing with Spezza anymore. I think it's safe to drop him.

Ruff's been faking me out by making noise in the media saying that he's going to get 1st unit PP time and that he needs to get him more ice time because he's playing well despite the lack of scoring. Except then he plays him 12 minutes lol.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, betting on Dallas to take a step forward this year was a pretty big mistake on my part.

lol the NHL starting lines site has Hemsky on Spezza's wing tonight. gently caress you Lindyyyyy!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DeNofa posted:

Since this was such a hot topic last time, it's time for another goalie question!!!!

I need to pick up a third goalie to backup Rinne and Elliot. My best options seem to be Anderson, Bernier, Luongo (ugh), and Ward (double ugh).

Even though the Canes are barely a team, Ward has been keeping them together recently. Any thoughts?

What's your scoring like? Luongo's numbers have been really good and I don't know why people are so down on the guy. He won't get wins though because nobody on the Panthers can score.

Cam Ward is an illusion, his numbers are awful and so are the Canes.

Anderson is playing out of his mind, he's a good target to regress but it's not unthinkable that he could keep it up. Bernier's right around his career numbers so what you see is probaby what you get.

The Leafs allow way more shots than the Sens so that's something to consider if your league tracks those favourably.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DeNofa posted:

GAA, sv%, wins, shutouts.

Luuuuu and Ward are in the same boat. Teams are bad and it's not going to change. Bernier and Andy seem viable.

Ok yeah I'd probably go with Anderson for now and see if he can keep it up.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

priznat posted:

God drat it, Reimer and the Leafs tanked my goalie stats enough to cost me wins in GAA and SV% this week :(

Dumping him for Dubnyk, I guess. My goalies are pretty weak this year, I was really hoping Lehtonen and the Stars would be better.

I went all-in on Stars this year in LSL (not by plan, but still) and I regret it thoroughly. They will swing up a bit as regression hits their goaltending (though maybe not fuckin Lindback lol) but they are just having a terrible year. gently caress Lindy Ruff and his constant line juggling and lovely PP setup too.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Vicas posted:

My kingdom for a fuckin' goalie, I'm getting whooped, woo

I just added Ilya Bryzgalov and Jussi Rynnas to my team. Goaltending bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Technetium posted:

I had no idea Rynnas was still around.

He probably shouldn't be!

• Locked thread