Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

everythingWasBees posted:

Well I imagine that you could write NES homebrew and use an adapter cable?
Like, that seems more than somewhat likely.

Gyromite had a test mode I believe, where you could make the screen flash to test his movements.

So all you'd really have to do is get the flash patterns for each one and replicate them in a video or whatever. Though you might need to use a CRT monitor for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

everythingWasBees posted:

Wait R.O.B.s react to the screen? :aaaaa:

Yup. Much like the Zapper, R.O.B. had a light sensor in his head.

Basically, the screen would flash to give him commands, torso down, close hands, torso up, rotate, etc. He would have a gyro stand, a battery powered gyro spinner, and a cradle to hold an NES controller with big pads to set a gyro on. So the game would know he was in the base position (I think there was a reset command), and as long as you clipped everything on in the right places, he would basically spin up a gyro, set it on a pad to push a button on controller 2, then pick it up and spin it up again for the next pad.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Help Im Alive posted:

I played Ice Climber for the first time in NES Remix and it's got the worst platforming ever

Ice Climber falls in the same category as Super Mario Land for me, they were still learning. They both have weird clipping and physics.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

F. Lobot posted:

Why is Megaman in that picture but Sonic and Pacman aren't?

Maybe Nintendo has different rules about using them for promos. Since Megaman isn't really an active character right now, and Sonic and Pac-Man both have games and stuff out, Capcom might be giving them extra freedom with him.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Atoramos posted:

Ah yes, just like all those other nintendo games.

Well, Metroid Prime and Fusion. And the Pokemon Stadium games kinda, you could get a Surfing Pikachu and Amnesia Psyduck. I think there was also something with one of the Mario Golf games, I think you could level characters on one and transfer the progress.

But yeah, this seems unlikely. I guess we'll know when people start poking at the files.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Donkey Kong is a good franchise, though it's not my favorite.

I liked that Donkey Kong game for Game Boy that came out around the same time as the Super Game Boy. The one that was pretty much a remake of the original, but with a ton of levels and new moves for Mario.

In fact, I liked it better than the DKC series.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Has there been anything said about the GC controller adapter being sold separately? I really want to download Smash because I hate dealing with discs, but I would like the adapter. And have they said anything about Wavebird support for it? I have an adapter on my PC that seems like it can't power a Wavebird receiver, but since the Wii U one uses 2 USB ports I'm hoping it can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I'm also buying digitally, I have to work on Friday anyway. So if I can't download it right at midnight, I can queue it up in the morning and have it ready by the time I take lunch.

• Locked thread