Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wait, seeding? What the hell are the teams about then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I figure the top three will be Esparza, Penne, and Calderwood.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

We better get a loving fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

I've seen most of the top 10 fight, but who the hell is Aisling Daly?

Also good choice on Gil's part getting Tecia a fight out the gate.

Aisling Daly is an Irish fighter who has fought in Invicta. I believe she had pink hair when she fought Honchak.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

oh poo poo head control by pony tail gripped behind knee.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

El Roncho posted:

I tuned in just in time for the first round and tuned out while Tecia was laying down whining. I'd say I'm doing this TUF thing right.

Also I guess since every season with males creates "THE NEXT ANDERSON SILVA!", it's only natural that female seasons will always bring about "THE NEXT RONDA ROUSEY1".

It is a bit more plausible here since they're working from the top of the division rather than from the fringes of it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Watching the media day video:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/11/6135001/the-ultimate-fighter-20-tuf-cast-discuss-experience-during-red

Some of them seem to be in fight shape now (Penne, Rose), others don't (Calderwood).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

DekeThornton posted:

I really like what I've seen so far of this season. Even the most dislikable of the contenstants this year, like Felice Herrig, seem like pretty decent human beings. They are just a bit annoying. And the fights will probably be pretty damned rad. Now that my favourite, Torres, is out I guess I'll root for Dr Kneevil.

Herrig isn't annoying. You just a passive-aggressive hater, that's all.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tezcatlipoca posted:

She's pretty annoying.

:thejoke:

Did you watch the "red carpet" interviews? She basically dismissed any possibility that she could have ever offended anyone with any of her actions at any time whatsoever, and dismissed anyone who didn't like her as (paraphrase) "haters".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Jojo :3: indeed. I'm trying to imagine the kinds of sweet, sincere apologies she'd offer to challengers for the stitches she's going to be sending them to get, as a champ in contrast to Rousey's schtick.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I know. It took about 30 seconds last week for her to win my undying support this season. Let's hope she bakes a mean carrot cake.

Someone needs to make a Calderwood version of this for me to spam on twitter

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kagan was game until she ate a knee.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

twist her loving foot off!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Got to be a Jojo win. She controlled that round.

And she should have taken the first, too.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Is Felice Herrig a real person or an elaborate troll? It's hard to tell, but either way I hope she dies

Watching her I feel like her entire life has been spent working towards becoming a reality TV star. She's a personality, at least. I guess.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

Gonna laugh if Ellis upsets Penne.

Then I'm gonna cry :smith:

Edit: lol Gonzo Penne

If she opens up a cut on this girl again, Penne's nickname should become something bird/nose related, like "BLOOD EAGLE".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I didn't watch season 16 of TUF, how bad was Lisa's husband?

according to wikipedia he dropped a majority decision to Colton Smith.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Will there be a new ep this week?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

After the above contradictory information I did some googling:

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-ultimate-fighter

Note "Next Episode"

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hollandia posted:

Normally I can at least find a superficial reason to root for one side, but in this one I wanted them to both lose somehow.

This. Interested to see her fight.

Actually it feels like all the more interesting fighters have been taking a back seat to CLARK HERRIG DRAMA, and not just in this episode (where it was understandable).

Daly's last two losses are to the current Invicta 115 and 125 champs. The impression I had of her from the Honchak fight is that she has all the skills but sometimes trouble putting it together. It was a long time ago, and I didn't know either fighter then, and I didn't take notes, but I remember feeling that while she was thoroughly Honchaked, she was never entirely out of the fight and that right up until the final buzzer was a threat to the #1 fighter in that division. I'm not sure what her weight situation is. I think she's one of the bigger fighters in the house, and she doesn't look lean (though it can be hard to tell with women - I train with an female amateur boxer who works like mad and watches her diet religiously, and she still has jiggly arms), so that might end up working against her as easily as for her.

I'm cheering for her until she goes up against Jojo or Rose because she looks like she beats up rich sorority girls in pubs to pass time on a Saturday night, and "lalala" has managed to make herself even more annoying than Herrig (who I'm warming up to a bit) or Clark (who didn't come across so bad this ep).

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Tyree posted:

For Randa to get to the finals she would probably have to go thru Rose or Joanne. I don't think anyone here wants that.

Randa is my 3rd choice from that bracket. She's p.cool, just not as cool as Joanne. Def backing her over Felice.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Diego probably just forgot that he was married.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

outy posted:

Aren't the matchups already matched up? Or am I missing something really obvious?

No you're not missing much. In this tournament it's really the timing that matters in picking fights - determining who needs rest, who's ready to go, who on the other team seems banged up, or who might be overeating, and so forth.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

the only advantage to Rose losing that I can see is that I won't have to cheer against her if she faces Jojo.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pat seems a bit punchy :(

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It was even before that. As soon as he opened his mouth - he was slurring a bit, and saying weird poo poo. It just went downhill.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It's weird and retarded to give someone props for doing something even though they have their period.

I think it's just something we've never really had the opportunity to discuss. It is a novelty.

Also, who cares about their age difference. Pat rules, Rose rules, and they make a great team for posting funny poo poo on the internet.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mewse posted:

It's almost pitiful watching tv networks clutch desperately to the old cable tv system. "Sure we have a streaming service"

The networks also face the problem that they have contracts to keep providing content to cable providers &c, who wouldn't be pleased if all of the content that they were paying for ended up super duper discounted online.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Who are you thinking tonight? Torres or Rawlings? I'm guessing, based on the then-unaccountable :smug: in defeat in the first week's post-broadcast interview, that Torres gets pretty far in the bracket.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

doverhog posted:

Tecia has a win over Rose and was ranked high for a reason, would be pretty surprised (again) if she lost (again).

What that doesn't take into consideration is that she has been through one weight cut and one fairly rough fight already.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Was Penne the one who was actively avoiding the camera, for who the production guys had to sneak around to actually get footage of her talking?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

sportsgenius86 posted:

This.

E: I don't like heather at all but how in the loving hell can you expect her to NOT help given how they treat her.

"You can't rationalize with someone mentally disturbed" - a thing said by Angela loving Magana

Even that aside - just she's just being a good sport and a nice person. They're taking the team aspects way too seriously. There's no "betrayal" or anything going on - the "Scrapettes" are just looking for a reason to talk poo poo. There's literally nothing that Heather could be doing that they wouldn't be poo poo talking right now. If she sabotaged Tecia's weight cut and pissed on her bed, they'd probably say that she was just being "fake" and was desperate to impress them or some poo poo, and that they could "see right through her" again.

gently caress, I hope Torres knocks her out with one of those heel kicks she was throwing.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Well that was a pretty cool running exchange.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nice staredown.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

double negative posted:

You and everyone else who's watching this show. No surprise it's coming last

I would be fine with them cancelling the rest of the tournament and awarding the title to the winner of that fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They have brought alternates in on TUF before but it's usually if somebody drops out right at the beginning of the season. A second chance for a loser isn't unprecedented either. I think the only way they'd give Bec a pass was if her opponent was injured at the last second or didn't make weight, it seemed like Dana was pretty set on "everybody has to fight in the first round" when Gil was trying to lobby for a bye.

It was a feature of the tournaments at one point. Kris McCray made it to the finals vs Court McGee via a wildcard spot like that.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

This week's episode is up on Amazon.

Edit: lmao this week is even cattier than the last week. Great fight too.

Jojo posted on her socialmediawhatever this morning that she was ashamed of this episode and its cattiness.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

(Griffin and Irvin weren't title defenses)

Nor was Bonnar nor Franklin I.

= 16 - 3@205 - Leben - Franklin I - Lutter

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Felice complaining about drama
:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This reminds me of Rocky III. Alternating scenes of Felice goofing around and Randa training like a monster.

• Locked thread