Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqo-7oli7iA

Hmm, Highway to Hell is a terrible choice of music but shrug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Irish Joe posted:

Was kinda hoping Ward wouldn't be on the show at all this year. :sigh:

Why? Ward was pretty awesome when he reverted to the sociopath that was his natural personality. His acting where he literally couldn't figure out why Skye was rejecting him, when he betrayed the team was goddamn amazing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

enigma105 posted:

He was on a mission! God, why can't she understand that? When you have a mission, that's what you do. It's a job. Killing her friends was part of the mission. Hell, he was supposed to kill Skye, but he just kidnapped her instead. He bent the mission's parameters slightly for her! That's worth, like a trip to Tahiti or something. It's totally a special connection they have.

I really like the bizzaro "Sociopath discovers love" thing Ward's doing. How wonderfully disconnected from reality he is.

Also his genuine hurt when she called him a Nazi

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:stare: Fuuuuuck

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Goddamn, If they can keep this up, then holy poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Wait who was that again I forgot.

The guy from the Agent Carter thing.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The main key now is that Shield is completely disconnected from the Movie characters and their actions.

Rodgers/Stark and the others are kinda running their own thing now not at SHIELD or anyone's beck and call.

Shield is now completely controlled by regulars on the show. Which means the writers have way more control over plots regarding SHIELD.

Also yeah, The Cinematography in this episode was goddamn fantastic and I hope they can keep it up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

I'm waiting for Fitz to build his own Simmons.

So Fitz becomes a Neo Hank Pym I'm down.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Inkspot posted:

Seconded.

I laid out the timeline for a co-worker today that between the release of Guardians, the second season premiere of AOS, Agent Carter, more AOS, Avengers 2, Daredevil, and Ant-Man, Marvel has things planned, at least, almost a year in advance in the MCU.

There is literally a loving timeline in Feige's office where he has a tentative plan out to like 2025 or some poo poo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Holy poo poo Fitz

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Video games

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

The office supply company that got the Hydra Contract must have made a mint.

Or got paid nothing

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Simmons history was revealed, this was not filler.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Last year they had SHEILD branded mineral water all over the loving place.

And we taxpayers had to pay for it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mymla posted:

I'm gonna be very disappointed if anything Ward says has a different intent behind it than "God I wanna get out of this cell so I can be with my hydra pals again".

Why?

Ward had no allegiance with Hydra, he was loyal to One dude. He is not a "true believer". Everything is a mission to him, literally the only thing/person he cares about now is Skye as his sociopathic rear end fell in love with her. What I would get pissy about is if Skye actually gets into a relationship with the dude.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

May being forced to smile is p great.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

May is just killing this episode, goddamn.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hmm, I don't think Talbot is working with Hydra, at least knowingly, as Talbot knows that Coulson is Director, while evil dude does not know who is in charge.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Magneto Rex posted:

I feel like this isn't really Talbot. Their initial interaction was weird. Chameleon type character?

That is also an option.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Pyroi posted:

Really good luck that they had someone with her exact body type and hair.

I mean Wig's aren't hard. But yeah.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Solaris Knight posted:

Some master spy Coulson is, can't tell that May is acting super suspicious.

Eh? Short terse repsonses, constantly seeming pissed off. She seemed May as hell until she started showing actual emotion with Coulson.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Reminder that she is 51 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRwhm-B6yNI

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

holy poo poo,

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Fitz probably shouldn't be drinking tho.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ward being redeemed is fine, Ward and Skye having any type of relationship would be hosed up as all hell

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

OptimusWang posted:

His dad is James Bond, there's all sorts of crazy sci-fi tropes flying around (the current one is he mind-wiped himself), tons of Firefly references, giant gov't conspiracies, etc. It's gone from a semi-serious procedural to a vehicle for Nathan Fillion to do whatever the gently caress he wants. In short, :iia:

:stare: Holy poo poo, I stopped watching like 3 seasons ago(When Beckett moved to DC?), I think I need to catch the gently caress up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Mockingbird works for Coulson is the only thing I can think of.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

If he had a surface that poo poo wouldn't have cracked.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

:allears: :drat:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

This show is goddamn fantastic now.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Oh poo poo new Avengers Trailer.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Overlord K posted:

Goddamn Peter what are you doing outside of the White Collar division. :mad:

Also oh boy trailer hype

Clearly Neil Caffrey, aka Bryce Larkin needs to join Shield.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

The Sharmat posted:

Alien juice didn't make Coulson and Garret that good at effortlessly murdering large numbers of people.

I'm glad they ditched the Simmons in Hydra plot because it would strain my credibility for her to actually be very successful at it. She really is a bad liar.

If she's not seriously questioned she doesn't have to lie. She just does her job as usually sending off intel as nessecary, when she went under suspicion she did lie terribly. Luckily the person she lied to was also a shield agent.

She gained her trust not by lying but by "saving" the life of a Hydra higher up.

She probably only had to lie once, and once she was in as long as she did whatever science they wanted her to do they didn't have a reason to seriously question her.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

I'm not a comics guy either, but basically Ultron is a homicidal AI. In the comics he was created by a scientist named Hank Pym, but his movie origin will be that he's an AI Stark made (or possibly got from elsewhere, a synopsis mentions Stark 'reviving a dormant peacekeeping program'). Basically, after Iron Man 3 Stark doesn't want to be Iron Man anymore, so he makes an army of drones called the Iron Legion, led by the Ultron AI, to protect the Earth. Ultron reasons that the Avengers, and humans, are the problem, and the best way to protect the Earth is to render them extinct. The Avengers take issue with this.

The alien from the Avengers teaser (and Guardians of the Galaxy) is Thanos. He is the major villain of the Marvel movie saga and will eventually fight the Avengers personally, but as far as we know Ultron is unrelated to him. How Age of Ultron will factor into the Thanos arc or if it will at all is unknown.

Yeah, it's called the Hulkbuster armour. Its purpose is pretty much all there in the name. Apparently it never really works in the comics though.

Yeah, Hulkbuster is not something usually used to defeat the Hulk so much as engage him and hopefully get Banner to calm the gently caress down, or with other heroes to subdue him.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Peter ran for senate after running White Collar crimes?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

How is there already a detailed Wiki entry up for Ward's brother?

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Christian_Ward

Nerds.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Hmm, Which Ward, is more evil.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gently caress, this is tense as hell.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

All Wards are goddamn Sociopaths.

SKYE NOOOOOO

Daaaaamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I like how the regular field agents just use guns instead of faffing about with Icers.

Icers are just there for the Skye/Science Nerds so the real agents don't have to hear poo poo about the value of a human life.

• Locked thread