Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

e X posted:

That reminds me, how exactly is Coulson supposed to rebuild Shield. It's an international law enforcement organization, not exactly something one guy can decide to do on his own.
Same way they did it the first time; from the ground up, starting as a small group of dedicated spies working off the books with no official authority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
It's really remarkable to hear a history of comics where DC doesn't exist at all.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Maybe they can't bring them up for legal reasons? I don't know
No, they went mumblemumble someone made Superman mumblemumble, it's just very obvious (but very funny) refusing to acknowlege the competition and any impact on the industry they had.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Show clips of the bad movies, you cowards!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm curious to see just how they're going to deal with why Marvel went bankrupt.

If you don't know: hubris on a grand scale, they started buying up toy manufacturers and comics distributors and I think a movie studio, basically wanting to own every aspect of anyone making money off their characters, and then getting multiple-hosed by the crash because they were overinvested in every last shred of it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Solaris Knight posted:

I really hope they mention Kamala again, especially since she's basically their new Spider-Man since they shat all over the old one.
Miles is still kickin'-rad, though?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Haha, wow, total "and then we were bankrupt because reasons shut up" timeskip

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I think the chronology just went 2005->2001->2008 in quick order there

and now I have to watch stupid loving Tom Corbett give a concession speech, gently caress off, I wanna watch the funny comics special you rear end in a top hat

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

HELL YES YOU PUT KAMALA KHAN ON NATIONAL TV

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Hmmmmm we can throw an unexpected twist at the audience, seed the idea that there are Inhumans among the population that don't know it, and give Trip superpowers...

naw, let's kill a black dude so this episode has some mothafuckin' stakes, that's a better idea, you're right.

Other than that, episode rocked, but goddammit.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm mad they killed Trip?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I didn't know he was on another show until you guys mentioned it, is the thing. Anyhow I stand by my post, Trip with superpowers is way cooler than dead Trip.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Dexo posted:

He's not an inhuman though Nothing would have happened to him.
Marvel's recently making a big deal about how there were tons of people just walking around not knowing they were descended from Inhumans, so like I said, putting out the idea early that not every potential Inhuman comes from a long family line of knowng what they are woulda been neat. But actor on another show etc. etc.

Also I just now put two and two together with Skye's real name being Daisy and her powers, goddammit.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

MaximumBob posted:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Daisy_Johnson_(Earth-616)

Daisy Johnson, aka Quake, super-powered Agent of SHIELD and daughter of a crazy, vicious doctor named Cal...
Oh, I didn't even catch that they were making her dad Mister Hyde too, nice.

ToastyPotato posted:

Oh, I knew that much. I thought he was stating some other connection between Daisys and vibrations that I didn't get. We've been speculating she was Quake since her dad showed up.
Have you? God, I'm slow, apparently. What made you think he was Hyde, "crazy guy who is also a doctor" is still a pretty big leap.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Tsvi posted:

So it just dawned on me.

They killed Whitehall, but Ward and Agent 13 escaped.

You kill one head of the Hydra and two will rise in its place.
33 :flashfact:

I think Ward and 33 are gonna go set up a rogue "we're pants-on-head crazy but think we're still helping SHIELD, look, we murdered a bunch of people for you!!!" thing.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

XboxPants posted:

I want Cal to get more powers and come on the show more, he is unbelievably good. Also that preview showed more Absorbing Man with his wrecking ball, gently caress yesssss.
I think that was a clip from the original fight? It was very quick, but I think.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Regarding the cameo talk: what I don't get is why they're not doing the reverse thing and giving the TV crew a scene or two in the movies. I know they've already said they're not gonna do it in AoU, and it's just a weird choice, to me. If you're that concerned about confusing people who haven't been watching the show, make it the after-credits scene or something. Isn't giving all the people who aren't watching the show a nudge to say "hey, start tuning in, dummies, you're missing poo poo" one of the advantages of a shared universe?

Also, it'd just be a cute cameo in AoU, but I think as we get to the Inhumans and Captain Marvel and Infinity War we'll be getting into "where was Hawkeye during Winter Soldier, surely this sort of thing affected him" territory.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I somewhat doubt they'll say "Inhuman" only because why would they? Like, unless it turns out that the other Inhumans call themselves that -- which, admittedly, they might -- it's not what I'd expect someone to come up with if they were just searching for a term to refer to the group. I mean... it's a kinda mean word, y'know?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Soylentbits posted:

It's this ridiculous thing that started on tumblr a while back.

The Sharmat posted:

It's derived from relationSHIP. It's a phenomenon that as far as I know originates in the early days of mass internet use in the 90's and refers to people rooting for two characters to get together romantically whether or not they actually show any inclination towards each other at all.
Oh, you sweet summer children.

This poo poo goes back to literally Kirk/Spock.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Soylentbits posted:

So is the basic thinking that the Inhumans movie will end with a terragenesis bomb transforming large parts of the world into super people and Civil War about Iron Man wanting to have these guys registered since they're untrained and dangerous and Captain America opposing that because that's basically World War 2 nazi thinking?
It's certainly more palatable than "Tony has decided that even though there is literally only a dozen superheroes on the planet and the overwhelming majority of them have either worked directly for the government or showed a willingness to do the government's bidding, they're out of control and need to be registered".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm bizarrely disappointed in Until Dawn for not having nudity. It's a slasher movie, if nobody is topless how is the monster supposed to know who to kill first, immersion ruined :(

• Locked thread