Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I want the wallpaper on that phone.

Me too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

You're the loving best SWSP.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Duckman2008 posted:

The rose gold is looking to already be the "hard to find" iPhone. Seems to be back ordered at multiple carriers (mid to late August depending on the model).

Phew. Space Grey supremacy (bring back the true black :( ).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They need to bring back the proper black and not this loving space grey poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Is the iPhone 6 prone to terrible antenna's coming with it? My girlfriend picked it up last month and it's had weak connections to both the WiFi in her house (even sitting right beside the router) and the cell service (taking forever to connect to Spotify, texts not being received until much later (tested this by sending a text and it didn't arrive for 20 minutes - we even had our phone right beside each others and I took a pic with her sisters showing nothing sent)).

We took it to Apple and the guy was hemming and hawing that it could be anything but I made sure to eliminate whatever I could: case / no case, environment (I bought a WiFi range extender, not for this, but to help in general and it still wasn't good), resetting the phone. Her 5 never had these issues nor does my 5S at her house. We are on different carriers but I messaged my friend and he wasn't having issues with his.

Unsure where to go with this right now - I was reading about others having issues with their 6 and poor reception. I might first try getting a new SIM but if it's loving up WiFi that won't fix it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Steve Jobs is god and knew best.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The all black iPhone 7+ is a return to the iPhone 4 black.

It's perfect.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is the glass screen protector I use as I saw a co-worker who had it and it feels like it just belongs. Looks great on there too and it's good added protection.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_i=desktop

https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Te...+armor+iphone+7

:canada: & :911: links

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Google Music crushes all when it comes to variety and deeper cuts. Unless Apple has changed up their algorithms for the stuff - I ain't going back.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

UGHGHHGHG

Co-worker just showed me Messages and Inbox home screens. What a pile of trash. What the gently caress Apple.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Speaking of bluetooth speakers. I notice mine sometimes stutters and disconnects at random. Is that on the iPhone or the speaker itself?

http://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/wireless-speakers/srs-xb20

It's just that which I got for $100. It sounds perfectly fine and loud otherwise but I hate when it gets spotty.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, looks like Apple Music is still a mess. I vastly prefer the way Google Music works and the playlists and radios it suggests are so much better.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It feels like the sensor that turns the screen off when near to your face is ultra sensitive after updating. The same movements I’ve always done like when pressing back at the top left turn the screen off.’its ultra annoying.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rebooting seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the bugs Tim!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Do you need your Apple ID when restoring from an encrypted backup?

The reason I ask is that my gf upgraded her phone and at the Telus store (:canada:) the guy took an encrypted backup with the simple "password" as the password for it. This seems sketchy as hell and any employee can just restore peoples phones to sift thru their poo poo. I bought this up and the guy was like, "we delete these since the drives are very small". That seemed sketch as hell too!

Based off this: https://www.top-password.com/blog/restore-iphone-from-encrypted-itunes-backup/

You just enter the password and bam, done. If it seems sketchy to you all too I feel like I need to make a call.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I submitted the issue to Telus and they are taking it very seriously now. :3: It's not policy to be doing what they do at that store.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Endless Mike posted:

iOS 12 is loving embarrassing imo

Its been pretty bad ever since they made album covers on the lock screen a tiny little loving thing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Site not updated yet?

E: Live now.

https://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2018/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

do they sound any better than the buds that come with the iphones?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After thinking on it on and off in the evening. And even jumping to Android I’m just gonna wait another year with my 7+. It takes great photos, still very fast and my battery is at 90% efficiency according to this thing.

It’ll let me save more too for whatever monstrosity comes out next year.

And yeah, hopefully the notch is gone too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Binary Badger posted:

Isn't this iPhone X and up only?

Which is weird as Snapchat does it fine which is all I think memojis are.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Servers must be getting crushed now. :lol:

Phone updated without issue but the watch is taking forever to download.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hate these drat icons over my keyboard for apps. I disabled a bunch but cant find a way to remove the bar.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Weedle posted:

Tap the App Store icon to the left of the text entry field.

ez pz

Thank you. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Proteus Jones posted:

*sigh*

OK, I’ll just get one then to use in the car. Because while I have a tray to use the phone with a six inch lightning cable for Car Play (Sony unit being delivered Tues) testing has shown the leather case flies off into the passenger side foot well when you even *think* about turning left.

I may end up getting a slightly longer cable and using the cup holder (which I don’t want to, but if it works)

I've had a white one and believe it or not - it's still nearly pristine after a full year of use. The bottom corners has the white stuff peeling a bit but otherwise it's great and not sticky at all.

I'd recommend getting it!

E: pics

I didn't bother wiping it to show how it can get after being in a pocket. That all wipes off easily though. I am surprised a white case remained this clean - this thing repels dirt!

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 24, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Andrast posted:

All the phones are still too big

I guess I'll be using the SE forever

I have small hands and own a 7+ - I can't go back. The viewing space is just too good. Behaviour adapts.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was able to create a memoji even though I am still on a 7+. Was this added for us non-X havers?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Where's this new sloth emoji???

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

LODGE NORTH posted:

Hi all, selling the XS Max is harder than any other phone. Thank you for tuning in.

How muchhhh?

E: Found the thread. Hmm, since its unlocked it should work up here in Canada if I pop a Rogers SIM in it, eh? I can prob pick it up at the border too so shipping is fine.

I'll see what I can do.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 24, 2019

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I guess no way of knowing but I wonder how fast things will "sell out" on Friday? I am aiming for the Pro Max 128GB but won't be at work till like 30 minutes after they go on sale.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yah this rules.

I’m trying to find a good photo for the 3D effect on the Lock Screen

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It’s like magic tho - super fast magic wand.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wouldn't mind more fonts too but what's there is fine. I am glad the lock screen shows the album art again and not some tiny little screen.

The SA app press+hold menus seems snappier too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh no guys - my phone is at 14%!!!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

god this blows posted:

The reviews are out and no surprise in that this year is more like an S year for the phones. I’m sad they didn’t fix the really annoying light reflections on the cameras at night but there’s always next year, right?

Any specific review going over the light reflections? Got a link?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

god this blows posted:

The Verge’s review. In case posting my phone breaks it. The comment is around 12:15 in there https://youtu.be/7qk2wsl8IFA?t=735

Thank you! :)