Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Texas has absolutely no depth and we're back to running the Greg Davis playbook. Shoot us into the sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Raku posted:

This is what happens when the coach kicks out half the team to look tough and convince people not connected to the program that he's fixing intangibles somehow

That really isn't the problem at all

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

The commentators take on that game was strange. You take two teams with six wins between them last season, have them play a fun, triple overtime game, and then declare them both vastly improved based on that.

It was a fun game and I'll agree that Kentucky will win more than two this season, but they were talking up Florida like they'll be contenders this year.

SEC SEC SEC

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Florida is horrible. Nothing has changed. Driskel makes the wrong reads, rolls into the fetal position under pressure, and cannot physically complete a pass further than 7 yards.

We run design routes 1-yard shorter than the sticks on 3rd down consistently.

Demarcus Robinson is a goddamned sexual tyrannosaurus, and the lone bright spot on our team.

We dropped like 5 interceptions, and rolled up a poo poo ton of yardage between the 20s. Redzone playcalling was atrocious.

I mentioned before the season that I wouldn't be surprised if we won 15, or won 5. I think we will maybe win 5 games.

Are yall Texas East or are we Florida West I dunno

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

OU's gonna win huge but we'll still get a few of those precious Stoops 'what the gently caress just happened' looks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

i had to look this up and he really is 7-9 against Iowa State I mean how do you even do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

MourningView posted:

They were better than that last year and will be better than that this year probably.

Attendance is okay. They're not selling out every game anymore but the program still makes lots of money and more or less keeps the whole athletic department afloat by itself.

They more or less cannot afford to fire him because of his buyout. And I don't even know if I want that. He's frustrating but he's still if not the best coach in school history certainly in the discussion (the other options would be Fry and Evashevski; his best seasons are better than Fry's unless you ignore record and AP rankings and just focus on making the Rose Bowl, and Evy left coaching early to be the worst AD in school history). Like I said, this isn't even a sign of the program in decline, it's something that's always happened. They lost to Iowa State in a season where they went undefeated in conference play and went to a BCS Bowl. They lost to Northwestern in a season where they won the Orange Bowl (a season where they also almost lost to Indiana and Northern Iowa).

Hes a poor mans Mark Richt

• Locked thread